34 posts :: Page 2 of 3
By: Anonymous: Jeffrey ()  Saturday, 15 June 2013 @ 07:19 AM ICT  

Noted near where I live in Chiang Mai, that SYM has lowered the asking prices
400 is not 168,000 Bt and the 300 is now just over 130,000 Bt.
Though I don't like Mega scooters, the SYM is now very close to a price where I would get one just to play with it and see

By: Max (offline)  Saturday, 15 June 2013 @ 02:00 PM ICT  

Quote by: fred

Im not sure, but isn't this bike the one I saw on the news that a old foreigner guy was so pissed off that he tried to brake the bike on the public? first he tried to throw in inside a construction hole, then hammered it and then sold for 10 baht. because the bike gave only headaches to him.
it was on thai news channel.

The Honda or the SYM Fred? I read already many good reviews about the SYM and have seen a fair number of different models out and about where I live in northern BKK, a large SYM/Keeway showroom is close to my home. I`ll have to check whether they have lowered the prices in BKK like Jeffrey has noted in Chiang Mai because the new price in his area does look like good value.

Max

Group Comfort
Level:
: +2

By: Flying Squirrel (offline)  Saturday, 15 June 2013 @ 03:31 PM ICT  

Max,

Where near you is the big dealer?

Flying Squirrel

Group Comfort
Level:
: +6

By: Max (offline)  Saturday, 15 June 2013 @ 08:17 PM ICT  

Quote by: Flying Squirrel

Max,

Where near you is the big dealer?

It's just across the north BKK border in Muang Nonthaburi in Tiwanon Road just short of the junction with Ngamwongwan Road. He has a full range of Sym and Keeway and also has the Benelli 600. The shop is like the Tardis as it stretches a long way back behind the main road.

Max

Group Comfort
Level:
: +2

By: Flying Squirrel (offline)  Sunday, 16 June 2013 @ 10:45 AM ICT  

OK. Just south of the junction? Towards Rama 5 bridge?

Flying Squirrel

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: Fred ()  Sunday, 16 June 2013 @ 03:15 PM ICT  

Quote by: Max

Quote by: fred

Im not sure, but isn't this bike the one I saw on the news that a old foreigner guy was so pissed off that he tried to brake the bike on the public? first he tried to throw in inside a construction hole, then hammered it and then sold for 10 baht. because the bike gave only headaches to him.
it was on thai news channel.

The Honda or the SYM Fred? I read already many good reviews about the SYM and have seen a fair number of different models out and about where I live in northern BKK, a large SYM/Keeway showroom is close to my home. I`ll have to check whether they have lowered the prices in BKK like Jeffrey has noted in Chiang Mai because the new price in his area does look like good value.

it was definitely the SYM I believe. the bike he smashed after not being able to get rid of it throwing into a construction whole. LOL.

By: Anonymous: Peter ()  Wednesday, 19 June 2013 @ 03:46 AM ICT  

Quote by: Jeffrey

Though I don't like Mega scooters, the SYM is now very close to a price where I would get one just to play with it and see

Can someone confirm this, please. Where do i buy one in Pattaya area?

By: news (offline)  Wednesday, 19 June 2013 @ 07:22 PM ICT  

Quote by: Peter

The best thing you can do is contact the distributor in Bangkok for information regarding dealers in Pattaya.

You can contact Sym Thailand at 02-613-9727 (and probably things go faster if you let somebody call who speaks Thai).

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Flying Squirrel (offline)  Wednesday, 19 June 2013 @ 07:35 PM ICT  

Mityon in Pattaya is listed as a SYM dealer? It is even on their website?

Flying Squirrel

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: pETER ()  Thursday, 20 June 2013 @ 01:31 PM ICT  

Quote by: news

The best thing you can do is contact the distributor in Bangkok for information regarding dealers in Pattaya.

You can contact Sym Thailand at 02-613-9727 (and probably things go faster if you let somebody call who speaks Thai).

I emailed admin@sym-thailand.co.th and got this answer:

Hi,Peter

Cost for GTS 300i Evo is 150,000 Baht
and now we have new model Joymax 300i cost 155000 Baht

Thank you for interest our product,
Best regard
Admin

By: cagou66 (offline)  Friday, 14 August 2015 @ 01:31 PM ICT  

Sorry if my envlish is not perfect
I am french Smile
I own a SYM 300 for 3 years now and I am so happy with it that I gonna buy one in Thailand
I have rent a Forza 3 times in Pattaya each time for 3 weeks long so I think I have a good idea of this bike
I can tell you that SYM is a lot more comfortable easy to drive even in town and outside ....incredible.
Parts will be more difficult to find ? Not sure
I buy my breaking pads or my belt everytime in PATTAYA
They have stocks available
Prices might be more than for a forza but for me this is really worth it

I hope this first post will help you guys

cagou66

Group Comfort
Level:
: 0

By: Flying Squirrel (offline)  Friday, 14 August 2015 @ 02:02 PM ICT  

As this is a 2 years old thread? My vote goes to the Sym the current version has a better motor than the Honda. So grunt is a bit more.
Of course if one is more worried about resale than riding the Honda will probably be worth more after 3 years.

Cagou. If you buy your SYM in Thailand, i have a J Costa variator in stock if you need one. Sorry for the obvious commercial plug but one has to try:-)

Parts should be OK but you may have to wait a day for them to come from BKK. I have a mate with one and he hasn't said anything negative.

Flying Squirrel

Group Comfort
Level:

By: news (offline)  Friday, 14 August 2015 @ 03:25 PM ICT  

At the moment I don't know the price of the Honda Forza 300, I believe it's 159,000 THB. but I saw the Sym GTS 300i for 135,000 THB at the main showroom of Sym Thailand in Bangkok.

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: cagou66 (offline)  Friday, 14 August 2015 @ 05:05 PM ICT  

Quote by: Flying Squirrel

As this is a 2 years old thread? My vote goes to the Sym the current version has a better motor than the Honda. So grunt is a bit more.
Of course if one is more worried about resale than riding the Honda will probably be worth more after 3 years.

Cagou. If you buy your SYM in Thailand, i have a J Costa variator in stock if you need one. Sorry for the obvious commercial plug but one has to try:-)

Parts should be OK but you may have to wait a day for them to come from BKK. I have a mate with one and he hasn't said anything negative.

@flying squirel
I have a MALOSSI VARIO KIT on mine in NOUMEA (i live in Noumea / NEW CALEDONIA) for about 18 months and its a great investment witch really changes the machine
I have a contact with very new (85km)JOYMAX 300
We will meet when I will arrive in one month
Can you give me your contact in thailand
Where are you? Bangkok??

cagou66

Group Comfort
Level:
: 0

By: Anonymous: Friend ()  Thursday, 20 August 2015 @ 06:13 PM ICT  

SYM has the better Technology and the better Engine
but Honda has a extreme better service

34 posts :: Page 2 of 3