By: olmost_7 (offline)  Tuesday, 22 December 2009 @ 02:34 AM ICT (Read 11710 times)  

im planning to visit bangkok by january 2010 can anyone help me wer to buy parts for my yamaha mio and tips what is the best brand of racing cam, big valves cylinder head etc. hope someone could help me.......... tnxa lot and happy riding guys!

olmost_7

Group Comfort
Level:
: 0

By: Richard (offline)  Tuesday, 22 December 2009 @ 09:20 AM ICT  

Hi Olmost_7

Welcome to our motorcycle forum. Parts for your Yamaha Mio are not difficult to get, the only problem is getting them not cheap. One of the quickest ways to visit lots of Thai motorcycle shops in one day is to buy a Thai language motorcycle magazine. It is likely that you cannot understand Thai language but that is not necessary, most of this Thai motorcycle magazines are filled for 60 to 80% with motorcycle shop advertisings. You can get an idea what they sell by looking at the pictures and the address is mostly in readable English language.

Do not bother calling any of the shops, they likely will hang-up directly after they find out you not speak Thai. If you in the shop they likely will try much harder to understand you... Also take paper and a big marker pen, so you can write things down, example if you say "Yamaha Mio" they maybe not understand you as Thai people pronounce "Yamaha" a bit different then they will do in English... But if you write on a piece of paper "Race Camshaft ... Yamaha Mio" you see people smiling and they have your part in second on the table.... (just advice)..

Also you can walk the Klong Thom market for parts, they often the cheapest, but you need to double check if you have the right part...

Click on image to open

Richard

Group Comfort
Level:
: +10

By: Anonymous: Nic ()  Wednesday, 02 March 2011 @ 12:47 AM ICT  

Do you know of any good Thai Motorcycle magazines? I sponsor an orphan who is into bikes and fixing them and it'd be a nice present to get him. He doesn't speak or read English.

3 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 135 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association