By: news (offline)  Wednesday, 19 October 2016 @ 02:29 PM ICT (Read 538 times)  

Honda is recalling certain model year 2015 to 2016 CBR300R and CB300F motorcycles. The affected motorcycles may have an improperly machines crankshaft which may result in the failure of the connecting rod bearing retainer.

If the connecting rod bearing retainer fails, the engine may stall, increasing the risk of a crash.

Honda will notify owners, and dealers will replace the crankshaft assembly, free of charge.

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: Shaun ()  Thursday, 09 March 2017 @ 02:30 PM ICT  

I’ve just been contacted about a recall on my Honda CBR300R. It regards the machining of a big-end journal pin bearing that could fail on the crankshaft. I rang my dealer for advice and have been told the tools and parts ‘will be here by May’. I’m worried that the motorcycle might not be safe to ride for that length of time

By: Anonymous: dealer ()  Friday, 10 March 2017 @ 10:54 AM ICT  

We are a Honda dealer in Bangkok and have done around 10 of the recalls and we haven’t found any that have worn. If it does start to wear there would be plenty of rattling from the engine to warn you. However, I would be a little cautious of riding one if it was on a long journey or you were doing +100km/h motorway kilometers regularly. The job time is one to two days, and you need a special flywheel-holder tool.

My guess is that the date was suggested because the workshop is stacked out with the new registrations. It might be worth contacting Honda call center to express your concerns, they are very helpful.

By: Anonymous: Shaun ()  Thursday, 16 March 2017 @ 06:35 PM ICT  

I got in contact with Honda, by calling them, it was first a bit difficult to get somebody who spoke English. But after the language barrier was breached and my VIN was checked, I was able to get a much earlier date to get my recall done.

4 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 134 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association