By: radnoc (offline)  Thursday, 14 July 2016 @ 08:50 AM ICT (Read 471 times)  

Hi,
Does anyone know the price of a new motor in Thai baht for the LF240-B Cruiser, have searched the internet with no success.
Was oiling the rear plug badly so had the rings, pistons and cylinders replaced(only really needed rings). When it came back from the shop
it had a really bad cold start rattle(which sounds like a very loose tappet. Have since changed cams, rocker arms and pivots(which seemed in damn good condition for 91,000km) all to no avail. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

radnoc

Group Comfort
Level:
: +3

By: news (offline)  Thursday, 14 July 2016 @ 06:40 PM ICT  

We actually not sure if Lifan Thailand still sells the LF250-B, as they also have the LF250-P, which is basically the same model but upgraded to use electronic fuel injection and a few more modern upgrades.

The last time we spoke to anybody at Lifan Thailand, the Lifan LF250-P was 92,000 THB....

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: ThaiDesign (offline)  Friday, 15 July 2016 @ 04:12 PM ICT  

The engine model for the Lifan LF250-B (as sold in Thailand) is the 2V49FMM. I have no idea what it cost... But can I ask why you want to buy a complete new engine... Lifan Thailand can supply you with all parts to repair any damage to the engine on your motorcycle...

If you want to replace the engine on your Lifan LF250-B you need to amendment the bike's registration...

Click on image to open

ThaiDesign

Group Comfort
Level:
: +30

By: radnoc (offline)  Saturday, 16 July 2016 @ 07:00 AM ICT  

Hi,
Thanks for the info, After having the new pistons, rings, cylinder etc, it was very noisy and rough especially so when cold.
I took it back to the shop Lifan dealer who did the work and they said it was OK(seems like in Thailand if it runs it must be fine).
It done over 91,000 km so really it's paid it's dues. I have my suspicions the oil pump is failing or some oilway blockage(is there a way to check the pressure, i don't see a take off anywhere) maybe thats why its so clattery on start up, if that is so it may now have more problems as have more than 1,000km since re-ring.
I have been quoted 35,000 baht for motor and fitting(seems a lot as a 125 single is 8,000, four times less.
Anyway I won't be too bothered if i have the new motor, as my confidence to go places will return.
Having said that the Lifan has never let me down in 91,000km.
Regards
Radnoc

radnoc

Group Comfort
Level:
: +3

4 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 132 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association