By: Anonymous: Kiran ()  Thursday, 03 March 2016 @ 10:46 AM ICT (Read 503 times)  

I am a proud owner of a 650cc sportsbike and I have a few questions regarding my Pirelli tires. There is no doubt that the tires offer superior grip, but I am afraid they are too soft for Thai road conditions. My motorcycle has done 12,000 kilometers and I had to replace the tires once, after 2,500 kilometers, because there was a nasty puncture that could not be repaired. I haven't changed the tires since then.

Every day I face problems such low air-pressure and even punctures. What would you advise me to do? Should I shift to other brand tires? Or should I stick to Pirelli?

By: Anonymous: Tony W ()  Thursday, 03 March 2016 @ 01:07 PM ICT  

Hi I own a 650 Ninja and run Pirelli Angels .I have just bought my second set which I clocked up 18,ooo kms. Tyre pressures I run are front 32psi and rear 36 psi. I have never had a problem with punctures etc. Hope this is helpful.

By: news (offline)  Thursday, 03 March 2016 @ 01:26 PM ICT  

We would like to clarify a few things. First of all, soft-compound tires have a more limited life. The soft compound ensures that the tire provides the best possible grip on varying terrain. Given the condition of most of our roads, such tires tend to wear out quickly. It also depends on the road surface you ride on everyday.

The best solution for you would be to go for a bit harder compound tires, which will still provide acceptable grip. If, on the other hand, your priority is grip, then you may want to stick with Pirelli or try Michelin tires.

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: ThaiDesign (offline)  Friday, 04 March 2016 @ 06:30 PM ICT  

You have to check often if your tires are at the right pressure, riding your motorcycle with the tires are the wrong pressure can serious shorten the life of tires.

My advice is to buy a personal tire pressure gauge, one which you can trust and test your tires once every week. Tire pressure gauges at the petrol stations are extremely inaccurate.

ThaiDesign

Group Comfort
Level:
: +30

4 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 134 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association