By: Anonymous: MikeBizzleVT ()  Friday, 05 February 2016 @ 09:15 PM ICT (Read 894 times)  

Hi there, My name is Mike and I'm new to this site. I own a small moped shop in the US. My wife is Thai and I'm going to Thailand for my 1st time this upcoming April. I'm hoping to make some contacts on my trip there and maybe even purchase. I have family that I can coordinate with also.

I'm searching for Vintage 50 cc Mopeds, New, Old Stock, or Reproduced Parts. Honda, Yamaha and Suzuki are the Asian brands I'm looking for. Also, Italian, French, and Other European Brands but I expect to find mostly Asian parts in Asia.

By Moped i mean specifically "Pedal-Start" models, I have less interest in "Kick-Start Models" though some parts are interchangeable. I have basically 0% interest in Chinese-Made products, but would maybe be interested in any "Pedal-Start" models.

I hope to make some contacts, that can provide or have the knowledge to help me achieve my goal, through this post. Hopefully we can build an idea of how to help one another, and make plans for a face-to-face when I'm in country.

Reply via Post with your thoughts.
I will be posting also and replying via your supplied email addresses.

Thanks for the Help,
Mike

By: Anonymous: MikeBizzleVT ()  Monday, 08 February 2016 @ 11:04 PM ICT  

I was hoping for some replies by now. I just want to make sure everyone can see this post OK. If at least 1 person could reply that they see the post, it would be much appreciated.

IDK if no one replied because the don't know if I'm legit but don't worry, I'm not a robot scam lol.

Thanks Guys,
Mike

By: news (offline)  Tuesday, 09 February 2016 @ 08:11 AM ICT  

The problem is that Thailand not has something like a 50cc moped, the smallest motorcycles and scooters sold / made in Thailand are starting from 100cc. The term “pedal-start” is in Thailand completely unknown, the last motorcycle in Thailand which was equipped with pedals was probably around 75 years ago.

You can find in some people riding little 50cc scooters around neighborhoods, but those scooters are parallel imported from Japan or China and cannot be registered as legal public road vehicle.

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Flying Squirrel (offline)  Tuesday, 09 February 2016 @ 10:45 AM ICT  

^ I concur with above. I have only seen one Peugeot moped in a shop here, but as it cannot be registered as it is below 50cc it would be of no practical use. If there are any more here they are likely mounted on a wall in a swish coffee shop or clothing store.

I'm thinking Vietnam might be a better choice because of the French influence in their culture.

I have a contact in the UK who collects mopeds for a hobby. You might wish to have a chat with him?

Flying Squirrel

Group Comfort
Level:
: +6

By: Anonymous: MikeBizzleVT ()  Tuesday, 09 February 2016 @ 10:25 PM ICT  

I didn't know you couldn't register them there. I figured that of course there would be less 50 cc and even fewer pedal start. I figured since there are a lot of Japanese ones and "Hero" produced some in the 1990's, they're may be some floating around.

FlyingSquirrel- I'm always interested in new contacts. I'd pm you but I registered for this forum last week and haven't received a reply yet.

By: Flying Squirrel (offline)  Tuesday, 09 February 2016 @ 10:52 PM ICT  

I didn't know the Japanese had made any recently. I only know the engine in the wheel Honda from the '60"s.

Flying Squirrel

Group Comfort
Level:
: +6

By: Anonymous: MikeBizzleVT ()  Monday, 22 February 2016 @ 07:26 PM ICT  

Hero is a India Based Company

7 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 135 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association