By: Anonymous: Ben ()  Wednesday, 27 January 2016 @ 06:58 PM ICT (Read 606 times)  

I am thinking of buying a Honda big bike with dual clutch transmission, the Honda staff and the Big Wing dealership could tell me many good things about the dual clutch transmission system... but when I ask if any negative points they told me it has none.

So what are the negative points of a dual clutch transmission system?

By: news (offline)  Wednesday, 27 January 2016 @ 09:03 PM ICT  

The Honda Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT) has no real mechanical disadvantage. If I really need to say something I would say that a DCT motorcycle engine is less tolerant on service schedule and engine oil.

For a regular transmission it is not that strict if you 1000 kilometers late for your service, if you have a DCT system you really need to service in time to not damage the gearbox.

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Flying Squirrel (offline)  Friday, 29 January 2016 @ 09:41 AM ICT  

How do they work on very steep hill starts as there is no way to over-rev the engine and feed in the clutch. to keep the engine at maximum torque at low speed.

Flying Squirrel

Group Comfort
Level:
: +6

By: news (offline)  Friday, 29 January 2016 @ 11:33 AM ICT  

The Honda DCT can be switched to manual control, and in that mode you can switch gear by the traditional foot pedal or buttons on the handlebar. In the manual mode the engine will rev as high as you want.

But even in automatic mode the engine will automatically switch back gears and rev the engine higher to provide more power.

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

4 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 132 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association