By: moskito (offline)  Wednesday, 06 January 2016 @ 10:41 AM ICT (Read 1790 times)  

I disagree, the market in Thailand for this bikes will be mostly farang.

Thais are to (sorry) short and the bike is to high for most of them. I think thats why they not producing the CRF250L in Thailand at the moment anymore Sad ....thats what I heard. Wishing I am not right, because I love this bike, even with the 250 engine.
I just travelled 6800km all around from Phuket to NorthThailand and you can ride it on the highways (100-120kmh) like on dusty roads and totally beaten tracks in the mountains because its perfect to handle...does not really need a bigger engine which will bring certainly more weight too.

BTW...the only MINUS on this bike is the small tank...you have to see your gasoline dealer every 120-150km thats by far a too short distance

I heard the CRF 250 is not available in Thailand anymore, can anyone confirm this please?

I ride a CRF250L and its the perfect bike, guess its a bit to high for Thaipeople and thats why they have stopped the production in Thailand.

If any news pls let me know, I would like to buy the same bike again.

If possible with location and price (no second hand-NEW)

THANKS in advance
moskito

Tag: Honda CRF250L

moskito

Group Comfort
Level:
: +2

By: news (offline)  Wednesday, 06 January 2016 @ 04:27 PM ICT  

As far as I know Honda has not stopped production of the Honda CRF250L in Thailand or any other production location. The last few months of 2015 the Honda CRF250L was not available at most dealers as the current “2016” model of the CRF250L and CRF250M was already launched at a dealer meeting.

It's even expected that in the second quarter of 2016 Honda will introduce the Honda CRF250 Rally, which is based on the 2016 Honda CRF250L. According to our sources the Honda CRF250 Rally will also have a larger fuel tank, which would solve that problem of only 150 kilometers maximum range

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: moskito (offline)  Friday, 08 January 2016 @ 12:47 PM ICT  

. According to our sources the Honda CRF250 Rally will also have a larger fuel tank, which would solve that problem of only 150 kilometers maximum range[/p]

Thats good news, I will contact the HONDA Dealers in Phuket if they know when it becomes available again. Last time I was asking, they had no idea when the factory can deliver again.
The bigger tank makes it even better, 10L should be enough to reach at least 200km so 50km more range.

I also just lerned that Kawasaki is maybe bringing a 250ccm VERSYS on the market in Thailand. I like the 650Versys, good and easy to handle and a set to change the bike to a good offroader is just around 400.-USD for larger wheels etc. The 1000Versys is by far to heavy in difficult terrain like in mountains with muddy streets or elephant tracks where I like to ride sometimes Smile

moskito

Group Comfort
Level:

By: news (offline)  Friday, 08 January 2016 @ 02:55 PM ICT  

In the early days of my off-road riding, I bought a Honda CRF450X – which was way too powerful to ride off-road. I can remember how my 450cc motorcycle would dig itself into the dirt while friends on 250cc enduro machines would dance over the dirt… Especially during the raining season my Honda CRF450X was nearly useless on any dirt road. The rear tire would get full of wet clay like mud and would spin endless without finding any traction…

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: moskito (offline)  Friday, 08 January 2016 @ 06:52 PM ICT  

]As far as I know Honda has not stopped production of the Honda CRF250L in Thailand

OK, just back from Phuket town where I checked with my HONDA Dealer, opposite HONDA BigWing.
Fact is, the CRF250-L is NOT available at the moment and also no other similar bike ....hmmm,
so guess we have to wait

moskito

Group Comfort
Level:

By: moskito (offline)  Friday, 08 January 2016 @ 06:55 PM ICT  

Quote by: news

In the early days of my off-road riding, I bought a Honda CRF450X – which was way too powerful to ride off-road. I can remember how my 450cc motorcycle would dig itself into the dirt while friends on 250cc enduro machines would dance over the dirt… Especially during the raining season my Honda CRF450X was nearly useless on any dirt road. The rear tire would get full of wet clay like mud and would spin endless without finding any traction…

true,-
I did a lot of Offroad and dirttrack riding in my life and I will always choose a 250ccm over a 450ccm. as lighter as better, thats what I think. OK; may be for a tour from Asia to Europe its much better to have a 450ccm up but not in mountains on muddy road, you are absolutely right here news Wink

moskito

Group Comfort
Level:

6 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 132 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association