By: Anonymous: Anonymous ()  Wednesday, 09 September 2015 @ 05:26 PM ICT (Read 2180 times)  

In Thailand the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin will be twice as expensive

By: news (offline)  Wednesday, 09 September 2015 @ 05:37 PM ICT  

What the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin will cost in Thailand depends on a few things, first where will it be manufactured, second how much is the import duty from that country.

As example, the Honda CBR650F is manufactured in Thailand and cost here 300,000 THB, while the same motorcycle will cost in the US 320,000 THB.

But the Honda CTX700N, which is manufactured in Japan cost in Thailand 331,000 THB and will cost in the US 261,771 THB (US$ 6999 plus destination charge US$ 350 = US$ 7,349).

If the rumors are correct, the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin will also be manufactured in Japan, and if we apply the same price difference to the CRF1000L prices we get CRF1000L Africa Twin with regular transmission for 585,477 THB and the DCT model for 617,005 THB (Which are both acceptable prices).

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: Erol ()  Thursday, 10 September 2015 @ 11:42 AM ICT  

585,500 baht is nice price for the regular transmission Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin I surely want one, anybody know about the launch date for Thailand?

By: news (offline)  Thursday, 10 September 2015 @ 02:24 PM ICT  

Quote by: Erol

585,500 baht is nice price for the regular transmission Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin I surely want one, anybody know about the launch date for Thailand?

Hello Erol,

The price for the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin with manual “regular” transmission is just an educated guess, based on the rumors that the CRF1000L will be produced in Japan – similar like the Honda CTX700N.

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: news (offline)  Tuesday, 09 February 2016 @ 02:42 PM ICT  

Honda Big Wing Thailand have release the official prices for the Honda Africa Twin CRF1000L.

The Honda CRF1000L DCT will cost 580,000 THB, and the Honda CRF1000L with regular gear transmission will cost 550,000 THB.

The Dual-Clutch Transmission version comes in Black & Grey and the regular transmission version comes in Black & Red color scheme...

Click on image to openClick on image to open

Currently we have no info if Honda Thailand will also sell the HRC tri-color version of the Honda Africa Twin CRF1000L.

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: moskito (offline)  Thursday, 11 February 2016 @ 12:58 PM ICT  

Quote by: news

Honda Big Wing Thailand have release the official prices for the Honda Africa Twin CRF1000L.

The Honda CRF1000L DCT will cost 580,000 THB, and the Honda CRF1000L with regular gear transmission will cost 550,000 THB.

The Dual-Clutch Transmission version comes in Black & Grey and the regular transmission version comes in Black & Red color scheme...

Currently we have no info if Honda Thailand will also sell the HRC tri-color version of the Honda Africa Twin CRF1000L.

Do NOT the mistake and buy anything in HONDA BIG WING if you expect any kind of service later after you have fully paid.

I had a problem with my CRF250-L and HONDA BIG WING in Phuket told me thats not a big bike, they can not help me. After I have been to there SMALL BIKE SHOP opposite and told them about my problem with a noise may be coming from the valves... They told me to come back again in 4000km when the 30.000km inspection is due...
hmmm, I had no idea loose valves or some other engine problems will not causing any problems for another 4000km AND how the girl from customer service a Khun Tika or something has so much more skills like the mechanic standing next to her when she sent me away.
:

They have about 10spaces for repairing motorbikes but NOW i know why they are always so CLEAN and EMPTY ...

Poorest service from HONDA I ever experienced.

BEFORE I thought when ever you have a Problem with a HONDA Bike, you can go to ANY HONDA Garage you wanted to... thats obviously not the case for Honda Big Wing in Phuket...

I wrote 2 mails to them regarding this case and never get ANY answer.

good comercial for future customers

BTW, hereafter I visited another HONDA Dealer in Phuket town - called HONDA NAM SENG with an amazingly friendly SERVICE and much friendlier staff as I experienced before

moskito

Group Comfort
Level:
: +2

By: ThaiDesign (offline)  Thursday, 11 February 2016 @ 01:47 PM ICT  

Quote by: moskito

Quote by: news

Do NOT the mistake and buy anything in HONDA BIG WING if you expect any kind of service later after you have fully paid.

I had a problem with my CRF250-L and HONDA BIG WING in Phuket told me thats not a big bike, they can not help me. After I have been to there SMALL BIKE SHOP opposite and told them about my problem with a noise may be coming from the valves... They told me to come back again in 4000km when the 30.000km inspection is due...
hmmm, I had no idea loose valves or some other engine problems will not causing any problems for another 4000km AND how the girl from customer service a Khun Tika or something has so much more skills like the mechanic standing next to her when she sent me away.
:

They have about 10spaces for repairing motorbikes but NOW i know why they are always so CLEAN and EMPTY ...

Poorest service from HONDA I ever experienced.

BEFORE I thought when ever you have a Problem with a HONDA Bike, you can go to ANY HONDA Garage you wanted to... thats obviously not the case for Honda Big Wing in Phuket...

I wrote 2 mails to them regarding this case and never get ANY answer.

good comercial for future customers

BTW, hereafter I visited another HONDA Dealer in Phuket town - called HONDA NAM SENG with an amazingly friendly SERVICE and much friendlier staff as I experienced before

First you have to understand what a good mechanic is, a good mechanic is a person who knows that he not have the knowledge to work on a machine. The mechanics at the Honda Bigwing (Big Bike) dealerships have no service manuals, no parts, no parts catalogs and no Honda training to service a motorcycle or scooter that are sold by the regular motorcycle dealers in Thailand.

If you want to complain about a regular Honda “small bike” Motorcycle dealer, you can contact APHonda by phone 02-725-4000

For everybody in Thailand, the Honda BigWing dealers only service the motorcycles they sell, the regular Honda Motorcycle/scooter dealers service only the motorcycles they sell.

* The regular Honda motorcycle dealers service motorcycles and scooters up to 300cc motorcycles and scooters.

* The Honda BigWing motorcycle dealers service motorcycles and scooters bigger than 300cc, with exception of the Honda CRF250R (the not road legal motocross bike)

ThaiDesign

Group Comfort
Level:
: +30

By: moskito (offline)  Thursday, 11 February 2016 @ 05:16 PM ICT  

Quote by: ThaiDesign

For everybody in Thailand, the Honda BigWing dealers only service the motorcycles they sell, the regular Honda Motorcycle/scooter dealers service only the motorcycles they sell.

* The regular Honda motorcycle dealers service motorcycles and scooters up to 300cc motorcycles and scooters.

* The Honda BigWing motorcycle dealers service motorcycles and scooters bigger than 300cc, with exception of the Honda CRF250R (the not road legal motocross bike)

LOL... IF they have told me something like this I would have laughed but understand. Fact is the mechanic there repaired my bike last year when I had a steering problem and he did it PERFECT, it was the girl from the office who told me to COME BACK in 4000km, not told me they have no idea of repairing bikes.

Its also very funny that they can repair the CRF-R which is the same Model but actually not allowed to ride on the streets (no lights, no blinkers etc.) its a bike for PROFESSIONAL riders which are most of the time repairing their bikes by themselfs anyways.
Or do they repair the CRF-R because its not a big problem when it does not work properly because its riding OFF ROAD instead of the more dangerous traffic?

I just dont get it here sometimes... They want to sell like professionals but they dont want to work like professionals. For me a BIG BIKE starts with everything bigger as 150ccm and I am a biker. If HONDA sales Bikes, they should be able to REPAIR them if there are problems...its HONDA, not a cheap Chinese brand from nowhere and I dont belive HONDA Japan is aware of this

Sometimes I get the feeling, In Thailand you are still a 2nd class person if you ride a bike...and not a Fortuner or a Mercedes...
I have 6 bikes and I do not let a tiny garage where ppl have no skills as to change a wheel or repair a scooter, work on a HONDA CRF with Electronics and difficult injectionsystems

BUT THANKS FOR THE ANSWER ANYWAYS THAIDESIGN Wink

moskito

Group Comfort
Level:
: +2

By: Anonymous: Roland ()  Friday, 11 November 2016 @ 06:12 PM ICT  

Honda also announced that they will launch a Africa Twin CRF1000L Enduro which is more off-road capable. Prices are not available right now

9 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 132 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association