By: Anonymous: David ()  Wednesday, 24 September 2014 @ 12:13 PM ICT (Read 3120 times)  

Has anyone at 'Motorcycle Thailand' heard any whispers about an update for Honda's CB500 series?

I ask because the bikes have been on the roads now for just over 18 months and that's about the time for updates to appear.

Just a gut feeling.

By: news (offline)  Monday, 29 September 2014 @ 08:14 PM ICT  

I'm not sure for Honda, but most motorcycle manufacturers have a renew/upgrade cycle of 3-years. Of course Honda will do some small updates, and very likely come with a few new paint schemes and new flashy decals.

Some time ago I had discussion with the head of logistics of a major Japanese motorcycle manufacturer and he explained me that a small modification on a motorcycle would cost a huge amount of money per year... Just to change a few parts on a global motorcycle model...

While some people in the retail business of motorcycle parts are making a good amount of money, most motorcycle manufacturing companies will try to stretch one unchanged model design for as long as possible... Just to get as much profit out of a design as possible....

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: David ()  Monday, 29 September 2014 @ 08:32 PM ICT  

Thanks for that; "if it ain't broke …… "

By: news (offline)  Monday, 29 September 2014 @ 09:05 PM ICT  

The Honda CB(R)500X/F/R engine has had a good amount of silent parts upgrades, which means if you order one part you get the upgraded replacement part automatically. As most people not work on there motorcycle themselves they have no idea that over the last year during serving the engine receive a few upgrades... In the official parts catalog compared to the latest the Honda 500cc engine had a good amount of fixes.

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: David ()  Tuesday, 30 September 2014 @ 10:49 AM ICT  

Interesting point, thank you.

By: Lingam (offline)  Thursday, 02 October 2014 @ 06:33 AM ICT  

DEAR DAVID AND NEWS THANKS FOR THE UPDATE, AS FOR FIXES WHERE CAN I GET THE RECOMMENDED
FIXES FROM...CURRENTLY WITH CB500X
REGARDS

Lingam

Group Comfort
Level:
: 0

By: news (offline)  Thursday, 02 October 2014 @ 07:02 AM ICT  

If you service your Honda according to your owners manual you probably already have received all the tiny updates. It also depends on when you bought the motorcycle, if you bought it not long after Honda introduced the Honda CB500F, CB500X or CBR500R you already should have receive an fix that prevented your motorcycle from leaking engine oil. According to our source at Honda the problem of the oil leak was an incorrect anti-corrosion treatment for a set of bolts.

Another problem I'm aware of has also to do with leaking oil, but this time at the sprocket shaft, which has to do with a seal failing. This should also be fixed if you visit your dealer for the standard service appointments.

Probably Honda has a few more 'tiny' updates, if you really want to check you can compare the 2013 and 2014 parts catalog.

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: David ()  Friday, 05 December 2014 @ 12:21 PM ICT  

Well, it seems there has been a slight modification to the new 500X, with the rear suspension receiving 9 stage pre-load adjustment.

By: Anonymous: David ()  Friday, 05 December 2014 @ 07:15 PM ICT  

Three new colors too.

9 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 134 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association