By: Anonymous: Stan bowles ()  Tuesday, 16 September 2014 @ 12:34 PM ICT (Read 1196 times)  

I have had many bikes from 50cc to 600cc but do not actually hold a bike licence , how easy is it to attain as a foreigner in Thailand?

By: news (offline)  Wednesday, 17 September 2014 @ 10:01 PM ICT  

You did not specify where you come from, but if you have a valid motorcycle license from a European country or the US, Australia or any other Western country you probably only need to do a few tests.... and most foreigners describe it as very easy...

If you not have a drivers license, you can get it in Thailand. Most Thai people apply for a motorcycle license at a very young age, but the best thing to do is to rent a 125cc scooter and do your drivers test on that... After you receive your license you can directly ride anything with two wheels regardless of engine size or horsepower...

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: David ()  Sunday, 21 September 2014 @ 03:28 PM ICT  

I have a new Zealand licence and was required only to show proof of residency, pass a eye test and also a co-ordination test. There was no written or practical exam.

One benefit of owning a Thai licence is that you won't be discriminated against at such places as National Parks etc.
You will be required to pay only what Thais pay to enter.
So the licence soon 'pays for itself'!!

Oh, and showing a Thai licence to the ''Boys in Brown seems to impress them!

3 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 135 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association