By: Anonymous: sashi ()  Sunday, 26 July 2009 @ 02:03 PM ICT (Read 10326 times)  

hi! could someone please tell me where to get spare parts for honda rebel 250?
tq

By: news (offline)  Sunday, 26 July 2009 @ 02:22 PM ICT  

Hello sashi,

The Honda Rebel 250 is never sold in Thailand, officially that is, and as the new Thai 250cc rules are not so long in place, Honda Thailand did not introduced any new models with a engine displacement of 250cc.

Still you could try to look for imported parts at some "big bike" dealers in Thailand (meanly Bangkok)

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: sashi ()  Monday, 27 July 2009 @ 11:43 PM ICT  

Hi! Thanks a lot for your reply. I heard engine parts could be found in Songhkla, Chiang Mai and Hat Yai.
I'm having a Honda Rebel 250cc-1994 model which having starting problem.....i managed to get a second hand stator core from singapore but still having same problem even though after replacement. i'm confused and stuck .....may be you could assist me to solve this problem...any tips....tq

By: Anonymous: Matty4u ()  Wednesday, 29 July 2009 @ 07:57 PM ICT  

Take the high tension lead off the spark plug, remove spark plug from cylinder head.
plug the spark plug back on the HT lead. hold the side of the plug against some metal part of the engine, kick start or push starter button.
If you are getting a strong bright spark across the gap in the spark plug then your problem is not electrical.
More likely carburettor or fuel problems. Dirty fuel can block the jets .
Remove carby and clean it out . Blow out the jets with compressed air to clear dirt or gum from them.
Hope this helps.
Matty...

By: Anonymous: Sashi ()  Friday, 31 July 2009 @ 11:27 PM ICT  

Mr.Matty,

Thank for your advise.

we have tried as you said. my mechanic said there not enough spark to start the engine and it might because of stator core (magnet coil) or CDI. do you know where i can a stator core and CDI?

TQ

By: Anonymous: Matty4u ()  Saturday, 01 August 2009 @ 06:36 PM ICT  

Hi TQ,
sorry i dont know where to source these parts.
I live in Australia and only visit Thailand once or twice a year.
I have 2 Husqvarna dirtbikes one is 1980 and one is 1982 model/
I have found many parts on E-Bay
Maybe u can try there if u have no luck to find in Thailand
Happy biking.
Matty...

By: news (offline)  Sunday, 02 August 2009 @ 08:49 AM ICT  

The Honda Rebel 250, or Honda CMX250C as Honda calls it. uses the same engine as the Honda CB250 Nighthawk, still both motorcycle are never official sold in Thailand.

Therefore sourcing for parts is difficult, I asked around for you but everywhere people say not have. The Honda CB250 Nighthawk was sold in Australia and Japan (both countries have Free Trade Agreements with Thailand). Other countries the Honda CB250 Nighthawk was/is on sale is the USA and the UK.

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

7 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 134 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association