By: Tonycr (offline)  Wednesday, 12 March 2014 @ 04:53 PM ICT (Read 2160 times)  

I'm looking for a new motorcycle. I have a Honda Wave-i now and I like it. However, it's getting a bit old. I want a 125-135cc with a shift type transmission (no automatic). I can't seem to find spec sheets that give me the information I need, so I'll call on the knowledgeable people on the forum.

Thanks for your help.

Tonycr

Group Comfort
Level:
: 0

By: news (offline)  Wednesday, 12 March 2014 @ 05:16 PM ICT  

If you're a person who take cares of what he owns, you can also look at the better quality Chinese motorcycles. For instance Lifan or Keeway are a good alternative and they offer 200cc / 250cc motorcycles for a price that would be similar to what you would pay for a smaller Thai made Japanese bike.

If you think that a Chinese motorcycle is not an option you can look at the Yamaha Spark 135i, what is still basically a step-through bike but on steroids. The Yamaha Spark 135i has as the “i” in the name suggest a very modern fuel injection system ~ the obvious downside is that the Yamaha Spark 135i is a bit orientated for the young dare-devil and riding comfort is not as good as a regular motorcycle.

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: Wendelin Schwab ()  Wednesday, 12 March 2014 @ 07:57 PM ICT  

Hi,
another good alternative is the Keeway TXM enduro. it is 200cc,manual gear shift and a very very comfortable seat and riding position.

Check it out.
Wend

By: Matty (offline)  Thursday, 13 March 2014 @ 07:16 PM ICT  

I disagree with the post above about the Yamaha Spark 135i, I purchased one new in 2010, I find it very comfortable, (im 47yrs) and it is one of the fastest small scooter bikes you can buy. I can smoke other scooters from the lights no problems and have hit 140km/h with a passenger before I got hit in the ribs and told to slow down, ( both of us approx. 70kg each)
With a bigger rear sprocket it would be even quicker accelerating, as the 165km/h top speed isn't really necessary.
I have found this bike extremely reliable,starts 1st time every time, is cheap to service and economical enough to run.
I have only ever had to change out the battery once and the chain once ( changed the rear sprocket at the same time just because, altho I wish I went a few teeth larger )
The only downfall with the bike is no underseat storage but I just wear a small backpack when going shopping.
Great bike, water cooled, fuel injected, 4 speed manual no clutch, roller rockers.
Check the stats online , it smokes other scooters easily.
cheers
Matt.

Matty

Group Comfort
Level:
: +2

By: Anonymous: Jim ()  Saturday, 15 March 2014 @ 11:57 AM ICT  

The Yamaha Spark 135i is a nice motorcycle, but the best motorcycle now available is the new Suzuki Raider 150R

5 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 135 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association