By: squareflips (offline)  Wednesday, 19 February 2014 @ 10:08 PM ICT (Read 3361 times)  

Hi. Anyone know this shop called K-Speed at k-speed.net? They use the tarad online shopping system and I recently bought their Xena disc lock online and transferred payment Monday night, but have not gotten any response from them. I have emailed them and sent a message on their facebook page, but nada. Any thoughts?

squareflips

Group Comfort
Level:
: +2

By: news (offline)  Thursday, 20 February 2014 @ 08:53 AM ICT  

K-Speed is a shop with a good reputation, while they maybe not the fastest if you order online. You can also visit the main retail shop which is located on Rama 2 Rd, Soi 62. If you ride into Soi 62 you will see a sign about 600 meters into the street that points you to the shop. At the shop several people speak English (enough to communicate).

See the map www.bing.com/maps/default.aspx?v=2&pc=FACEBK&mid=8100&rtp=adr.~pos.13.6508283803_100.418094633_K-Speed+Rama+2_Bangkok%2C+Thailand&cp=13.6508283803~100.418094633&lvl=16&sty=r&rtop=0~0~0~&mode=D&FORM=FBKPL2&mkt=en-US

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: squareflips (offline)  Thursday, 20 February 2014 @ 02:55 PM ICT  

Thanks for the response. Had the GF call the shop today. They said they only correspond via phone. Apparently my item was out of stock for quite some time now and they forgot to update their online store. I find it strange that they did not initiate the communication (phone call or even email) to inform me about it. Anyhow, they will transfer my money back to my account. I must be the unlucky few who have had a negative experience with them.

squareflips

Group Comfort
Level:

By: news (offline)  Thursday, 20 February 2014 @ 03:53 PM ICT  

Quote by: squareflips

Thanks for the response. Had the GF call the shop today. They said they only correspond via phone. Apparently my item was out of stock for quite some time now and they forgot to update their online store. I find it strange that they did not initiate the communication (phone call or even email) to inform me about it. Anyhow, they will transfer my money back to my account. I must be the unlucky few who have had a negative experience with them.

K-Speed is not originally a online shop, they started that after customers asked for it and they're pretty busy.

It's indeed a shame that they didn't contact you directly after they found out that the item was not on stock, but not much companies will inform customers when this happens.

For email from suppliers you should never expect an answer or an email from a supplier. I asked one of our mechanics, who bought some parts from K-Speed how he ordered online... the answer is that while he ordered online, he called them after he send the order to check if they received it correctly. Something what Thai people also always do when they send a fax they call to confirm that you received it... (takes some getting used to... guess its just a culture thing...).

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: squareflips (offline)  Thursday, 20 February 2014 @ 08:00 PM ICT  

Indeed. Lesson learned. If there will be a next time, I will definitely make that phone call.

squareflips

Group Comfort
Level:

By: news (offline)  Thursday, 20 February 2014 @ 09:38 PM ICT  

Quote by: squareflips

Indeed. Lesson learned. If there will be a next time, I will definitely make that phone call.

Most foreigners in Thailand make mistakes, lucky in your case the mistake is with a company that is maybe not an expert in communication, but they pretty honest so you not loose any money...

news

Group Comfort
Level:

6 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 135 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association