13 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Anonymous: Anonymous ()  Tuesday, 17 December 2013 @ 11:46 AM ICT (Read 5162 times)  

I'm trying to make some sort of assessment of the choice we have here of new, reasonably prices (sub 1 million baht) Cruiser bikes.

I only know of Kawasaki's Vulcan which, an owner told me, is not a good bike on the road.

Is the Suzuki M800 available here and if so how much?

Any others?

Thank you.

By: news (offline)  Tuesday, 17 December 2013 @ 01:30 PM ICT  

The Kawasaki Vulcan 900 (VN900) is probably the best known cruiser in Thailand. For 2014, Yamaha Thailand will introduce the Yamaha Bolt XVS950 in Thailand for around the same price as the Kawasaki.

At the moment we have no information that any Suzuki cruiser motorcycle will be officially available soon in Thailand.

From the Honda Thailand you can also look at the new Honda CTX700NE, which will be sold at the Honda Big Wing dealers for 349,000 THB. Honda Thailand will also be selling a Dual-Clutch version which will be the Honda CTX700NDE which will cost 406,000 THB.

Other motorcycle manufacturers officially available in Thailand are Victory Motorcycles, Harley-Davidson, and Zero Engineering. Most motorcycles from this manufacturers will cost more than 1 million THB and are therefore not specified.

On the other-hand Harley-Davidson has announced that they will be launching the Harley-Davidson Street 500 and 750 which is expected to be priced around the same price as the Kawasaki and Yamaha cruisers...

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: anonymous ()  Tuesday, 17 December 2013 @ 04:48 PM ICT  

I appreciate your reply, thank you.

Nice choice between the Yamaha and Honda; although a 750 Harley is of interest too.

By: Anonymous: anonymous ()  Tuesday, 17 December 2013 @ 05:26 PM ICT  

I've just been reading up on the Honda mentioned above.

It seems the main negative is its small eleven litter fuel tank, which doesn't seem to equate to stress-free cruising.

I also note that it's being sold in USA for just under $7000, about 220,000 baht.

By: news (offline)  Tuesday, 17 December 2013 @ 06:46 PM ICT  

Quote by: anonymous

I've just been reading up on the Honda mentioned above.

It seems the main negative is its small eleven litter fuel tank, which doesn't seem to equate to stress-free cruising.

I also note that it's being sold in USA for just under $7000, about 220,000 baht.

The 11 liter fuel tank on the Honda CTX700N is not that bad, you can easily do 300 kilometer on a fuel tank without the need to use the reserve.

For the prices, you cannot compare the prices in the USA with Thailand, Thailand has much higher import duty and TAX rates then the US.

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: anonymous ()  Tuesday, 17 December 2013 @ 07:09 PM ICT  

re the Yamaha, I just found this on 'ThaiVisa'.

"I stopped by a Yamaha display in Airport Plaza (Chiang Mai) yesterday & saw that they are now taking deposits for the Star Bolt with delivery sometime January or February 2014. Full price is 465,000 Baht."

By: Anonymous: anonymous ()  Tuesday, 17 December 2013 @ 07:22 PM ICT  

Yes, double checked the figures and you're correct.
It seems they'll get around 63mpg, which would give it a range of a bit more that 300 kms ridden carefully.

So they'll be a fully imported bike into Thailand, with no assembly here?

By: Anonymous: anonymous ()  Wednesday, 18 December 2013 @ 03:38 PM ICT  

The reason I asked about the Suzuki Intruder M800Suzuki Intruder is because it's listed in your bike prices.

"Suzuki Intruder M800
800cc. front and rear disc brake, spoked wheels, electric starter
Price 500,000 Baht"

By: Anonymous: David ()  Sunday, 22 December 2013 @ 06:25 PM ICT  

What's the latest re the Harley Davidson 750 Street's introduction to Thailand?

By: news (offline)  Sunday, 22 December 2013 @ 07:23 PM ICT  

Quote by: David

What's the latest re the Harley Davidson 750 Street's introduction to Thailand?

Harley-Davidson did not released any specific dates, only a vague suggestion that the Harley-Davidson Street 500 and Street 750 could be launched mid-2014

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: David ()  Sunday, 22 December 2013 @ 08:00 PM ICT  

Thank you; may be worth the wait!

re the Suzuki M800 Intruder.
It appears on your price list but, I have been told, is not actually available in Thailand.
Can you please clarify?
(Yes, I'm looking to buy a Cruiser but not the Vulcan.)

By: news (offline)  Sunday, 22 December 2013 @ 10:15 PM ICT  

Quote by: David

Thank you; may be worth the wait!

re the Suzuki M800 Intruder.
It appears on your price list but, I have been told, is not actually available in Thailand.
Can you please clarify?
(Yes, I'm looking to buy a Cruiser but not the Vulcan.)

Some time ago, and that was even before Suzuki took control over Suzuki Thailand, the plan was to introduce the Suzuki M800 Intruder. Many months later and with nobody wanting or having the courage to take the decision which big bikes Suzuki Thailand would start selling it entered our price-list as it was once announced at a dealer meeting... Now a few years have passed and the Suzuki M800 Intruder seems to be still on our price-list... we currently are without a moderator for the price-lists so we are “a bit” outdated... Our excuses for that – in the new year we will update all the software on our website and with that it would be also much easier to update the price-lists we have...

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: David ()  Sunday, 22 December 2013 @ 10:40 PM ICT  

Understood, thank you.

13 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 134 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association