10 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: news (offline)  Friday, 04 October 2013 @ 04:04 PM ICT (Read 4342 times)  

How do you correctly fill a complaint against a motorcycle manufacturer in Thailand. First and probably the most important is that you get a copy of the sales terms you agreed on when you bought the vehicle.

Second and also a very important thing is to document the problem with your vehicle as much as possible and do not try to fix or change it in anyway.

Third thing you should do is to contact the Consumer Protection Board to fill a complaint, which can be done by downloading the English language complain form English Consumer Protection Board Complain Form. The Thai Consumer Protection Board needs as much information about the situation as you can get... the more is better.

The form can be emailed to the email address shown in the form or faxed to the fax number 02-143 9774.

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: MosKito ()  Friday, 04 October 2013 @ 10:50 PM ICT  

Thats good News Smile

Thank you very much news, I think you had my case may be a little bit in the head when you did this post.

I will see what I can do. Thx to Chang Noi I got an Emailaddress now and I will try on Monday to contact. I dont know if it is such a good idea to just take the bike back now. Something like they told us in the government office we have visited on Wednesday was. They agreed already to do something and since the bike is partly stripped they now can take their time... LIKE ... nobody says how long the repair takes...so the Kawasaki Dealer in Phuket Town got all the time in the world now???

however, my week and the weekend is terrible anyways...would never have thought they are cheating me that much like they do at KAWASAKI in Phuket Town... its just a shame and I am done with this country after so many years.... enough is enough

We as Farangs always have to pay and shut up, we have to show thousands of Euros or USD just to get a Visa for another year and what Thailand do for us? except it is warm and sunny most of the time..... ok, another story sorry i am so done Sad

i was refering to "my" story here Kawasaki KLX 125 Weak Frames.

btw, i tried a couple of times to register, does not work

By: news (offline)  Saturday, 05 October 2013 @ 06:29 AM ICT  

Hello Moskito,

The idea for this topic is that not much people know what to do and what not to do when they have a serious problem with there motorcycle.

For instance you made some serious mistakes that could negatively influence your case, for instance you went to a welding company to fix the sidestand about 8 months ago. The correct action should have been to contact the Thai Consumer Protection Board.

Your second mistake is your smear campaign against Kawasaki Thailand and its products, while you never had any direct contact with Kawasaki Thailand, this is highly illegal in Thailand and can result in a lawsuit (with a high probability that Kawasaki would win). You likely have bought a Kawasaki motorcycle from A.R. Motor Bike in Phuket, Kawasaki Thailand is not the owner or partner of this company, and therefore you should direct your complains against the company that fails to provide you the service you would like to receive.

Officially the Kawasaki motorcycle you bought comes with a 1-year warranty. According to your own account the sidestand connection on your frame broke for the first time 14-months (1-year and 2 months) after you bought it. After that you fixed the sidestand connection on the frame by bringing the motorcycle to a welding company. (which was advised by A.R. Motor Bike?). Do you have any documentation of A.R. Motor Bike advising you to fix the motorcycle at that specific welding company?

As the problem with your motorcycle has happened after the warranty period, fixing the problem can be seen as a additional service which Kawasaki Thailand could offer at their discretion. Why do you think that Kawasaki Thailand should fix your motorcycle? You already started the anti-Kawasaki Thailand smear campaign, you send email around with words that are not particularly popular (more offending) in Thai culture.

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: Charlie Jomtien ()  Saturday, 05 October 2013 @ 07:37 PM ICT  

Hello,

If I submit a complaint to the Thai consumer protection board what is going to happen? In how much time do I hear from them and how long does the whole procedure take?

Thanks in advance,

Charlie

By: news (offline)  Saturday, 05 October 2013 @ 07:58 PM ICT  

Hello Charlie,

After you send a complaint to the Thai Consumer Protection Board, officials from the consumer protection board will consider the facts from the complainant (consumer) and investigate the case.

After they find the complaint valid, they will call the business operator and the consumer for mediation, with an officer of the Consumer Protection Board as official mediator.

In case no solution can be found a complaint mediation sub-committee will review contracts, advertising, labeling and other media.

The Complaint mediation sub-committee on vehicle was set up specifically for cases relating to vehicle due to the large number of complaints. The members of the sub-committee consist of the representatives from private and public sector, consumer protection police division, lawyer council of Thailand, academia and also vehicle expertise and industrial representatives.

In the rare case that the sub-committee mediation is unsuccessful, the case is presented to the Office of the Consumer Protection Board and the Office of the Prime Minister.

The Office of the Consumer Protection Board employs about 117 government officials, 2 permanent employee and about 104 other employee. The government officials responsible for handling the complaints/redress, consisting of around 75 investigation officers and 35 legal officers.

The service is free of charge of Thai nationals and foreigners. The speed of the case might be delayed as to the fact finding and insufficient personnel.

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: ThaiDesign (offline)  Saturday, 05 October 2013 @ 08:07 PM ICT  

The Consumer Protection Act has been in use for some years however very few people have heard of the Act and how it protects consumers in Thailand. The Act can also be used by expats to lodge complaints about products. The Act is mainly setup to protect consumers from unsafe products and to make it cost effective to lodge complaints and to sue for damages if a product you bought does not live up to expectations.

The consumer has to lodge their complaint with the Consumer Protection Board or any other association linked to them. They will then file the case on your behalf. The complaint must be filed within 3 years since knowing the problem but up to ten years where the business operator cannot be clearly identified.

The court case does not need to prove intention or negligence only the fact that damage had been caused and injury had occurred. The court has the ability to award compensation to the consumer and to impose liability on to either the importer of the product or the manufacturer however only one may be liable.

ThaiDesign

Group Comfort
Level:
: +30

By: Anonymous: MosKito ()  Sunday, 06 October 2013 @ 09:53 AM ICT  

you Sir Mr. news, should really read your own posts.

You call it a SMEAR campaingn and threatening me? I call it mouth to mouth propaganda....the best working thing ever. I dont want other customers to make the same mistakes I have made, when buying a Kawasaki made in Thailand. If this is illigal there must be something wrong.

My mistake was to listen to my Kawasaki dealer and go to a welding company? A contract does not have to be written always, not even in Thailand. There are at least 3 different ways how a contract is made...but ok, thats legal stuff does not belong here.

you furthermore really should read your posts you have made in my thread before... like WE have send pictures to the HQ... you always call it WE.. who is WE? Sorry but I dont see even your name here, news is no name for an Administrator who is obviously running this Forum here.

May be my English is a little bit hard to understand sometimes, but the case should be clear here.
If you need my full name and address to report me to your Authorities for my SMEAR campaign, let me pls know by Email.

It was until today impossible to sign in or Register in your Forum here, even to send posts here is sometimes difficult when you always get Error messages like - SPAM DETECTED - DELETED

have a nice day and SORRY for bothering you with my case... did not know thats a ALL IS GREAT Forum only

I am looking forward to some action, I am not afraid, trust me.. I write a lot, also for a newspaper sometimes. IF Kawasaki needs more attention they can have it.

Since I dont count on having my bike back in the next couple of month anyway

By: news (offline)  Sunday, 06 October 2013 @ 10:57 AM ICT  

Quote by: MosKito

you Sir Mr. news, should really read your own posts.

You call it a SMEAR campaingn and threatening me? I call it mouth to mouth propaganda....the best working thing ever. I dont want other customers to make the same mistakes I have made, when buying a Kawasaki made in Thailand. If this is illigal there must be something wrong.

My mistake was to listen to my Kawasaki dealer and go to a welding company? A contract does not have to be written always, not even in Thailand. There are at least 3 different ways how a contract is made...but ok, thats legal stuff does not belong here.

you furthermore really should read your posts you have made in my thread before... like WE have send pictures to the HQ... you always call it WE.. who is WE? Sorry but I dont see even your name here, news is no name for an Administrator who is obviously running this Forum here.

May be my English is a little bit hard to understand sometimes, but the case should be clear here.
If you need my full name and address to report me to your Authorities for my SMEAR campaign, let me pls know by Email.

It was until today impossible to sign in or Register in your Forum here, even to send posts here is sometimes difficult when you always get Error messages like - SPAM DETECTED - DELETED

have a nice day and SORRY for bothering you with my case... did not know thats a ALL IS GREAT Forum only

I am looking forward to some action, I am not afraid, trust me.. I write a lot, also for a newspaper sometimes. IF Kawasaki needs more attention they can have it.

Since I dont count on having my bike back in the next couple of month anyway

Dear MosKito,

We don't threatening anybody, we only explain how the Thai law works. If you feel threatened, then it's by the Thai law something we obviously not control. We're also not an agency that enforces the law, but we're located and registered in Thailand and therefore we have to obey the law of Thailand.

The discussion here is how to correctly fill a complaint with the Thai Consumer Protection Board, you yourself linked you case with this forum topic as an example. To not confuse other people who maybe interested in filling a complaint with the Thai Consumer Protection Board we pointed out what you did incorrect. We all learn from mistakes, and the success for your case is to admit you made some mistakes and start following the correct path to resolve the issue you have with the manufacturer of your motorcycle.

The “news” account on our website is a group account and is used by several people. As in any organization there's a difference what a person says and what an organization, company or government agency says (even if the message is written by one person, who represents the organization or company).

We also not interested in your email address or your real name, our forum is setup that people can anonymously exchange ideas and information. We're one of the only forums in Thailand that allows anonymous postings.

To allow anonymous postings on our forum we have a tight spam filter which doesn't allow posts that include rude words or links to banned material. The problem is that if people on our forum try to post messages that is considered spam their IP address is automatically blocked for 3 days. For instance on one of the days that you tried to register on our website you posted 12 times a message that included some rude words. Meaning that your IP address was that same day blocked. Due to the law in Thailand we're not allowed to register any personal information about a person who we deny access (parts of the message that include the rude words and your IP address we need to keep on record).

Apparently you know about the rude words you use as on other forums in Thailand where you post similar messages you use alternative words or alternative spelling.

Personally I posted a copy of your issue with the Opera browser and our website to our maintenance crew, and they tested our website with the latest Opera browser on Linux, MS Windows and Apple OSX 10.8.5. They where unable to reproduce the problem you described. If you want to discuss and offer more information to our maintenance you can do that here.

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Flying Squirrel (offline)  Monday, 07 October 2013 @ 11:04 AM ICT  

Moskito,

Given your talent for whining in public and slagging Kawasaki both on open forum and in your blog I would say your chances of getting anything done by Kawasaki is slim to none. When complaining there is a way to complain. Don't ask ME what it is as I am no good at it but rest assured there is a way. Bleating about how you are foreign and how you have been mistreated well maybe you could take that up with the UN. I think it is inflammatory to suggest that "visitors" to this country get treated any different to others and is a misnomer. It is advantageous to you that you are saying all this in a foreign language. I think if you had have put all this on Facebook in Thai it would be you who would be receiving a visit from "your" sunglass/uniform wearing people.

Good customers in general get good treatment just like anywhere else in the world.

Firstly your KLX does not have an accident causing weak frame. You have nothing to prove that. Your side stand broke out of warranty. YOU had it fixed by a welding company. Now it is of no value to Kawasaki because it is unlikely that they can get any information from it. Secondly had you have called the head of quality control or the Ass. Manager of Technical Service Section and told them your kickstand had broken and would it be of any use to them to see it or for their area representative see it in case they may have had instances of that happening before, you may have got a different response. Thirdly having ascertained that Kawasaki was going to do nothing you have given your bike to the dealer who as predicted is doing nothing or is he is it is not fast enough for you. You simply have to wait until they do something or you get tired of waiting.

I think that by having had it fixed by a welding company or a third party you have removed Kawasaki from the equation. The dealer probably knew this but you fell for the trick. Your bad luck?

You are not the only rider I have heard of in Thailand where the bike is at the dealership with little of no action taking place.
You should get your bike back from the dealer take it to a smaller repair shop where they will either weld the side-stand back on for you or take it somewhere to have it welded. Instruct them to add some additional gussets for extra strength as maybe something you are doing is making the side-stand fail. OR if you prefer go to the dealer's parts dept., order and pay for a new frame. Let them sort out all the frame number problems. Then you can be riding around in the sunshine enjoying all the things that Thailand has to offer rather than sitting in front of a PC under a cloud being preoccupied that the dealer/Kawasaki/Thailand is not treating you fairly.

Just out of interest what would you have done if you had been riding the Cameron Highlands and the side stand broke. You would have taken it to a bike shop or welding shop and they would have fixed it for you. You would have enjoyed the rest of your ride and then if it broke again you would have it fixed again.

If I may wax philosophical here? In the west it is said that "the squeaky wheel gets the grease" suggesting that people who complain vigorously get results. In Asia the saying is more akin to the "the nail that sticks up gets hammered down"

I think your diatribes reveal more about you as an individual than they do shed light on any failings of the Thai motorcycle industry.

Flying Squirrel

Group Comfort
Level:
: +6

By: Anonymous: joyBob ()  Thursday, 17 October 2013 @ 11:34 AM ICT  

I filled a complaint with the consumer protection board and was wondering in which time frame I would hear from them?

10 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 134 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association