By: Anonymous: Cc ()  Monday, 08 July 2013 @ 08:13 PM ICT (Read 3307 times)  

How do I adjust the low idle on a 2012 Honda click 125i?

By: news (offline)  Tuesday, 09 July 2013 @ 07:29 AM ICT  

Adjusting idle on a fuel injection engine is as simple as it was on a carburetor. On most throttle bodies of EFI engines you can find a screw that adjusts air bypass.

But the problem with a Honda is that they hide this screw behind an aluminum prop which they insert into the screw hole to seal it. So if you want to adjust the idle on a Honda Click 125i you will need to drill a small hole in the aluminum prop and carefully pull it out.

If you didn't change anything on the motorcycle (changed air-filter, exhaust pipe, or anything else related to the engine) and your idle is too low, it usually is an indication of another problem.

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: news (offline)  Tuesday, 09 July 2013 @ 08:29 AM ICT  

One possible reason why your idle speed is too low is that there is a build up of carbon in your throttle body. This can easily happen if you use gasohol fuel, fuel mixed with ethanol have a different burning rate than regular fuel (100% Benzine/Petrol). Because it's possible that your ignition is not correctly set for ethanol fuel, because of this the combustion/fuel burn will create more carbon residue which can find its way into the throttle body.

See the example of a throttle body of a BMW 650cc single... You can easily clean the carbon with a toothbrush and some throttle cleaner and your idle will be back to normal...

Click on image to open

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: radnoc (offline)  Friday, 12 July 2013 @ 03:20 PM ICT  

Suggest you get your valve clearances checked, as a tight tappet will give idle problems.

radnoc

Group Comfort
Level:
: +3

4 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 135 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association