18 posts :: Page 1 of 2
By: Anonymous: Allan Hall ()  Friday, 22 May 2009 @ 12:26 PM ICT (Read 21656 times)  

Need to get some info on Tiger motorcycles.

Can anyone give me the contact details of either a dealer that i can order parts from or a direct contact of the main company.

I spend a fair bit of time in Bkk on business but have not been able to make a contact with Tiger.

Thanks for any info,

Allan Hall.
Brisbane
Australia.

By: Anonymous: Peter ()  Friday, 22 May 2009 @ 12:27 PM ICT  

Hello there,

sorry for anonymus, but i did not create a account in here yet.
But i am also very wondering about Tiger Motorbikes, will say about the Company as self.
I am a happy owner of a Tiger Joker S which is a very good motorbike over years right now. I got some informations that Tiger is producing elektro bikes as well, and i am very interssted.

At all there is no opportunity to kontakt Tiger, to find a main distributor, to see any advertisement or hotline.
Just nothings.
Even, if you can find a daeler (wich is very hard alreay) they even dont know what differtent kinds and models Tiger is producing. They even dont have any contact, no websites, no telefon number. They even are not really interessted to sell TIGER stuff to you like other common branch names.

It looks like Tiger want to hide to everyone. May only selectet peoples could get in contact??
I also really like to visit that company which seems to be located somewhere at samut prakan, just for a survey (may to offer how to do a succeed marketing). But over a long time, it seems to be a big seccret to see more face of TIGER.
It seems the only one real Thai motorbike factory not need to do the same as all the other succeed bike manufacturer, like a proper marketing, try to stay close to the customers. It looks like the Branch name of that great Bikes will be lost soon, cause no one takes care of just a simple and easy marketing.

If someone knows more of Tiger Branch, may have some email adresses, telefon numbers (english talking and writing), please be kind and let me know to mybox@hotmail.de.

Thanks to all.
Peter

By: Anonymous: anonymus ()  Friday, 22 May 2009 @ 12:28 PM ICT  

I live in Chiang Mai, but there is a dealer there who has leaflets!!
The leaflet gives the phone number for the factory/agent as (66) 02388 0868 77, fax (66) 02387 1323
The address is written in Thai so I can't help with that but clearly it is a BKK address

By: Anonymous: anonymus ()  Friday, 22 May 2009 @ 12:29 PM ICT  

Does anyone know where you can buy this bike in Bangkok? Address and phone number please!

By: Anonymous: loz944 ()  Friday, 22 May 2009 @ 12:31 PM ICT  

I have posted similar requests on other forums i am really interested in this bike but maybe its an omen not to buy if we cannot find a dealer in a city the size of Bangkok

Loz

By: Anonymous: Mike ()  Friday, 22 May 2009 @ 12:32 PM ICT  

I have a phone number for the factory/ dealer, it is 02388 0868 fax 02387 1323

Cheers

Mike

By: Anonymous: Anonymous ()  Friday, 22 May 2009 @ 12:34 PM ICT  

Does anyone have experience of this bike? I have found a dealer in Chiang Mai close to the railway station, but he has no bikes.

Any comments on reliablity/ costs/ performance would be appreciated.
The dealer has a leaflet with a BKK phone number of the ?? factory??

it's 02388 0806877

By: Anonymous: Anonymous ()  Friday, 22 May 2009 @ 12:35 PM ICT  

I've lived in Thailand for the last eight years and haven't met anybody on the Tiger 200 yet. I saw some for sale a few years ago, but the only bikes around are ridden by the police force. Foreigners buy the Honda Phantom 200 chopper which employs the same but 6-gear non-oil-cooled engine.

Interestingly the police reverted back to Kawasaki even though Tiger is made locally. A Tiger 250 version I've only heard of and am trying to get info on. The best thing about it is the price!

By: Nun (offline)  Friday, 22 May 2009 @ 01:11 PM ICT  

I also live in Thailand, and it is true that you not see much Tiger Boxer 200 motorcycles, but they still available. Upgraded with some better plastics and wiring, and are now sold as Tiger Boxer 200 R.

The Honda Phantom AT200, has not the same engine as the Tiger Boxer, the Tiger engine is a Tiger design build by Tiger Motor Thailand, the Phantom AT200 engine is built by Honda Thailand. No parts are exchangeable, except maybe a few nuts and bolts.

So far as I know, Tiger Motor Co., Ltd still has a contract to supply motorcycles to the Thai police. I know that the Thai police bought big bike Yamaha motorcycles for the highway patrol police, but these are 600cc and 1300cc motorcycles, which Tiger Motorcycles not build. It is possible that some police buy Kawasaki motorcycles from private funding.

Nun

Group Comfort
Level:
: 0

By: Anonymous: johnefallis ()  Tuesday, 26 May 2009 @ 08:12 AM ICT  

Yes, there is a dealer in Bangkok.

1865 Phahon Yonthin Road, Chatuchak, Bangkok 10900.

It is a few km north of the Mo Chit BTS station or the Phahon Yonthin MRT station, on Phahon Yonthin Road between Phahon Yonthin soi's 33 and 35. Set back off the road a little, sort of in the parking lot of the big Eagle/Goodyear service center. About 50 baht taxi ride north a couple kilometers from the BTS/MRT, or any bus going north. It's just past the Cineplex there on the left (west) side of Phahon Yonthin Road.

Contact Pariya Manomalphibul, tell him John Fallis sent you. You'll get a free gift and even more if you end up purchasing.

Oh yeah, phone numbers are 0-2511-2270, 0-2511-2471

but you can also get him on his mobile 089-201-8147

John

If you have any problems, let me know, I'll walk you in there myself.

I prefered to give you a link that included photos and specification sheets, but this forum would not allow it.

By: Anonymous: dantebg25@yahoo.com ()  Wednesday, 10 June 2009 @ 09:46 AM ICT  

Hi guys! This is a long shot but i have to try anyway. I'm from the Philippines and, believe it or not, there's a plant and dealership of Tiger Motorcycles here. My concern is about this bike i've bought secondhand (slight used). I've already browsed all the sites related to Tiger Motors Thailand but i can't see this particular model i own now. It is called by the previous owner as 'Tigerboy' but i doubt it is the real/original name. It has the same engine as the CX135 but the frame and body design is copied from Cagiva of Italy. the wheels are of 12" design with 90-110-12 tires. front forks are inverted and it is of monoshock at the rear. I'd like to insert a photo but i don't know how. is there anybody out there that own a similar bike, or is this a prototype? I know (by the sophisticated and finesse how it was built) this took time and effort in building and design. Anywhere i go, people,,, bike enthusiasts or not, are peppering me questions about it. Others are already trying to copy it but i know, and they know,, it is quite difficult if not impossible. to copy this bike,, one would need a complete machine shop (or plant). How did it landed here in the Philippines anyway?

By: Anonymous: Pariya ()  Wednesday, 10 June 2009 @ 11:59 AM ICT  

That 's model is 'Rocket BOY'. This is a special hand-maded bike and there are limited numbers of them. We made this model mainly for export market i.e. Phi, Malay, Jap, etc. The engine is the same as our CX135 i.e. all our the engines 110, 115, 125, 135 are all pretty much the same.

Originally we made this model for the Jap customer who want to enter the Suzuka 4 hours mini bike race. However, the customer pull out in the end due to the lack of sponsoring in Jap. We already made less than an 100 in total, and are now only produced on MADE-TO-ORDER basis

For more info, please contact our rep in Phi. Mr. Jhun Gebana <pvgebana@gmail.com>

By: Anonymous: john ()  Friday, 26 June 2009 @ 08:34 PM ICT  

I just looked at a boxer 250 rs and it was very nice looking. i couldn't take it on a proper test-ride due to traffic, but rode it around the parking lot a bit. It seemed to have a fairly slow take-off.

By: Richard (offline)  Saturday, 27 June 2009 @ 09:47 AM ICT  

It is remarkable how the experiences of people trying the Tiger Boxer 250 RS differ from another. Still most people who tested the Tiger Boxer 250 RS bought one, only a few went for a Kawasaki 250cc machine, and even less people looked for another motorcycle in the same price range.

Richard

Group Comfort
Level:
: +10

By: Anonymous: Dimon777 ()  Tuesday, 23 March 2010 @ 10:58 AM ICT  

Hello everyone!
I'm also expat and lives in Thailand from 1994. Lives about 6 years at Bkk 1996-2001
I've used and passed a lot of models different bikes here.
Like Kawasaki Vulcan 1600, BMW 1100, Ducati and Triumph... Bangkok time...
For last decade I lives at Pattaya - so come down for a small model more often.
I have Tiger Joker 120 S since 2004.
After I've crossed this year 29000 km I've did upgrade.
Modify. Engine boost (cut out for 135 cc cylinder), carburetor from Honda Novo 125 cc, air filter as Mashroom.
Weels etc...

Recently the Tiger office was closed at Pattaya... I seen once 250 cc model at that office.
75000 Bath up... But no more...
No spear parts - it's normal for Tiger already.
I think this model may be going to die... So this is like relics... :-)
But I like this very high sits and nice look.
I'm looking for 125 engine now to exchange.
I'm looking 125 cc tiger engine with no more than 5000 km.
An it's will be another 5 years safe drive!
Anyway, I'm ready to talk about riding around Asia.
My skype is: dimonmute
+66811527725
Dimon777
See you around and safe trips!

You can see some photos here
Click on image to open

18 posts :: Page 1 of 2