By: Necron99 (offline)  Tuesday, 26 March 2013 @ 04:45 AM ICT (Read 2565 times)  

Had this bike for 7 months now and it has done 6k and change. About half of which has been unsupervised use by the BiL while I'm away from the village....

For why I bought this bike and my initial impressions go here.

Living with a Lifan 200GY-5

I've trucked it down to the moobahn so I can putter around here. I've never had it dealer serviced, just changed the oil and gave the spark plug a but of a brush.

So, how is it standing up? Particularly after BiL and his sons have been bashing around the place.

Well, after a hose down, it\'s looking pretty good.

Click on image to open

Visual inspection showed nothing has fallen off or broken. Bit of rust on the pipe, nuts and bolts mostly clean.

Click on image to open

Some slight oil staining, though the oil I changed 2 k ago is not particularly dirty and is as full as when I changed it.
Click on image to open
Click on image to open

Anyone see any cause for concern there?

The only bit that needs attention is the rubber chain guard which wraps the swingarm.
Come loose at the bottom. Was just going to trim it off.

Click on image to open

Honestly, at this point I would have to up my initial assessment. While some parts still feel cheaply finished, they are holding up better than I expected. I stand by my suggestion that if you want a value for money trail bike for casual use, you could do far worse that spending 46 k on one of these.

Necron99

Group Comfort
Level:
: +5

By: news (offline)  Tuesday, 26 March 2013 @ 06:36 PM ICT  

Thanks for the nice follow up review, the Lifan LF200GY-5 is indeed a nice value-for-money motorcycle. And if you spend some time to check it monthly you can keep a motorcycle like this running smooth for years...

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: mickey price ()  Friday, 29 March 2013 @ 08:43 AM ICT  

bought my Cross 200 2nd hand and 8 months old from dealer in Petchabun. Paid 30,000 thb at 5500 kms red colour faded due to exposure to sun. Bought set of new plastic for 2080 thb in blue, looks like new again. Done 8200 kms now and no problems, uses no oil and nothing's fell off. Added a bit more padding to the seat and that's it. A really good buy and the bonus of a decent size fuel tank compered with Honda and Kawasaki 250s. Still not on reserve after 260 kms.

By: Richard (offline)  Friday, 29 March 2013 @ 09:07 AM ICT  

The Lifan LF200GY-5 is maybe not the best enduro style motorcycle you can buy in Thailand, but for what it cost new (48,000 THB ) you get an extremely good value for your money motorcycle.

The best part of a Lifan motorcycle is that parts are so very easy to get, compared to other motorcycle manufacturers Lifan designers always try to use a much as possible standard industry standard parts... for example all the bearings, O-rings, and seals used by Lifan for the LF200GY-5 can be bought at any shop that sells stuff like that...

Richard

Group Comfort
Level:
: +10

4 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 134 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association