By: davidstipek (offline)  Friday, 08 March 2013 @ 11:11 PM ICT (Read 3371 times)  

I have replaced the left hand switch assembly (complete) on my modified Chopper. I wanted to also have a clutch switch and almost everything available for left hand. What they sold me was for a Honda Dream (as noted on box). I have wire colors and whether or not is is in plastic plug or Male / Female Bullets.

plastic plug (6 pin)
yellow
brown
green
Green / Red stripe
Gray
Green / White stripe

Male Bullets
Lite Blue
Lite green
Pink
Green

Female Bullets
Blue
White

Switch functions
Lights H/* (on/off ??) (* is for large black dot)
Lights High / Low
Turn
Em. Flasher
Horn
choke
Clutch
clutch switch

Right hand Assembly they sold me has 3 wires (plus Brake switch)
yellow
brown
brown / white stripe
(These are all bullets)

Function is a 3 position switch
marked: HL - P - *

I would like to use all functions as Traffic Enforcement goes easier on Inspection if everything WORKS

I also have a seperate Kill Switch / Starter Button for right hand. These I am versed in.

Can anyone help with functions of each wire and which is feed for switch... Honda I do not know wiring, Yamaha I know pretty well. I will also use relays this time for:

Flasher
Emergency Flasher
Starter - Hi voltage circuit

I also have fused each circuit seperately using spade/plugin fuses:
Main
Lights
turn signals
brake Lights
Starter - Hi Voltage Circuit

Any help is welcome! If youre in Chiang Mai... Stop by and gossip - haha

David

David

davidstipek

Group Comfort
Level:
: +2

By: news (offline)  Tuesday, 12 March 2013 @ 05:55 PM ICT  

Hi David,

Do you know the build year of the Honda Dream engine?

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: David Stipek ()  Tuesday, 12 March 2013 @ 06:10 PM ICT  

Quote by: news

Hi David,

Do you know the build year of the Honda Dream engine?

Hi News...
No I do not. I went to Supply House (Motorcycle) here in Chiang Mai and asked them to find hand sitch assemblies that did pretty much what I stated in my post. I do know that the parts came from POP Parts & Accessories CO., LTD. Thailand.
Left hand switch assembly is Part Number#1 569013020
Rigth hand switch assembly is Part Number# U0308054

David

By: news (offline)  Tuesday, 12 March 2013 @ 07:10 PM ICT  

I guess you have a Honda Dream engine from before the fuel-injection period, meaning a 125cc carburetor version... I'm trying to locate an electrical diagram for that motorcycle... It will probably take some digging as we didn't used that one for a pretty long time...

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: davidstipek (offline)  Thursday, 14 March 2013 @ 12:38 AM ICT  

Quote by: news

I guess you have a Honda Dream engine from before the fuel-injection period, meaning a 125cc carburetor version... I'm trying to locate an electrical diagram for that motorcycle... It will probably take some digging as we didn't used that one for a pretty long time...

Thanks News!
This will be my 2nd conversion here in Thailand. The Yamaha Bell Chopper got a lot of interest from Yamaha... I beleive the new Owner is going to switch out 2T Engine 80cc and use a 100-125cc 4T engine. Since all the work was done... Excellant! But sound of exhaust did not match look... haha! Same as I told him before he came to look at

I am using a NSR150 rear fork and Shock to get rear suspension this time and a much wider tire! with rear fork being constructed as it is it's easier to line-up sprockets and clear wider tire! If I can find a used 125-150cc Honda (Carb'd engine) engine used or even worn out but running I can rebuild. Also want electric start this time, too. Using the rear disc brake assembly, have options to buy front but I already had fork, don't think I can installed NSR's front brake assembly in it. Kinda like the white spoked rims was going to have them deep cleaned and look into getting them plated (chromed). would be kinda weird having 17" on front and 18" on back, but rear tire is lower profile so it's not as apparent... Unless your like me and go right up and look to see size and width of tire / rims...haha!

Going to be a stretched / Lowered (I guess Chopper Style too!) frame. I selected to use a Drag style handle bars on 2" risers. Really the Dream switches being black and everything I really want is at left hand except for the (I Ohmed it out) switch I will nicknme parking.. it has HL = headlight possition? P= Parking I have it hooked to dash and tail lights, and the big black dot which seems to be an off position. The way I have it wired in it will be a easy removal it I use the NSR front fork/disc brakes.

Question why is it so hard to get Companies to give you prices on complete replacement engines... I have yet to get The China Company to give me prices, they sid they had Dealer in Bangkok... called him (Emailed) and he said Oh! I don't stock that one you have to get from China! What the #$%@! It took me 2 weeks being amicable to get that answer. (I really wanted their V-Twin...) Notice I didn't name names.... I an be polite too (even if it hurts...)

David

David

davidstipek

Group Comfort
Level:
: +2

5 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 135 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association