16 posts :: Page 1 of 2
By: Anonymous: Me ()  Tuesday, 26 February 2013 @ 06:55 PM ICT (Read 31529 times)  

When they paid you to post the article did they ask you not to mention the price 555? how much is it and is there a dealer in Chiang Mai? Where is it made?

Cant find the company website either...

By: news (offline)  Tuesday, 26 February 2013 @ 07:09 PM ICT  

Dear Sir,

Sorry to say but we don't get paid for testing anything, publishing the price we paid in Bangkok will likely not be the price you have to pay in Chiang Mai or any other city in Bangkok, therefor the publication of the price of any product we test is irrelevant....

If you're interested in the Stallions Centaur Sport Classic you can contact Stallion Motorcycles in Bangkok. The telephone number is 02-374 5666

Power Stallion Co. Ltd is a 100% Thai owned motorcycle manufacturer located at

638/8 Soi Ramkamhaeng 79, Ramkamhaeng Road,
Huamark, Bangkapi, Bangkok 10240

Previous, some Stallion motorcycles were manufactured by Tiger Motorcycles, but since the end of 2012 Stallion opened its own production facilities. It's possible that some parts of Stallion motorcycles are still manufactured by Tiger Motorcycles... but we have the idea that the Stallion Centaur Sport Classic is a complete Stallion product...

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: news (offline)  Tuesday, 26 February 2013 @ 08:13 PM ICT  

Hereby a picture from the Stallions Centaur Sport Classic at the 2013 Bangkok Motorbike Festival at CentralWorld Bangkok.

Stallion Centaur Sport Classic

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Matty (offline)  Wednesday, 27 February 2013 @ 05:47 AM ICT  

The price is very relavant to readers, without a price we have no idea of where it sits in the marketplace 40,000 baht ?? 60,000 baht??? 150,000 baht???
Im sure readers are smart enough to realise that the price will be slightly different depending on where you buy it and what city you are living in.

I would like to see a more comprehensive test on this bike as it certainly looks good. those brakes look huge and front and rear disks is a bonus. The front forks look nice and chunky too. The rear shocks look cheap but can be easily replaced with aftermarket quality units. Also the exhaust header pipe could be tucked in a bit closer and i would prefer the silencer more swept up.
These things are easily modified by the buyer. I think Stallion have done a great job creating this bike ( altho a 200 or 250cc would have been better)

Matty

Group Comfort
Level:
: +2

By: news (offline)  Wednesday, 27 February 2013 @ 01:34 PM ICT  

Quote by: Matty

The price is very relavant to readers, without a price we have no idea of where it sits in the marketplace 40,000 baht ?? 60,000 baht??? 150,000 baht???
Im sure readers are smart enough to realise that the price will be slightly different depending on where you buy it and what city you are living in.

I would like to see a more comprehensive test on this bike as it certainly looks good. those brakes look huge and front and rear disks is a bonus. The front forks look nice and chunky too. The rear shocks look cheap but can be easily replaced with aftermarket quality units. Also the exhaust header pipe could be tucked in a bit closer and i would prefer the silencer more swept up.
These things are easily modified by the buyer. I think Stallion have done a great job creating this bike ( altho a 200 or 250cc would have been better)

Hi Matty,

You have a good point to include the price of the Stallions Centuar Sport Classic is around Bangkok about 64,500 THB. The distributor of Stallions Motorcycles let dealers free to create the sales price so prices can be different for every dealer...

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: news (offline)  Wednesday, 27 February 2013 @ 03:16 PM ICT  

For the people who are really interested in the Stallions Centaur Sport Classic, attached with this post you will find the brochure of the Stallions Centaur 150 Sport Classic.

The brochure is in Thai language, but it doesn't take much to understand the general specifications...

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Matty (offline)  Wednesday, 27 February 2013 @ 05:24 PM ICT  

How old is the brochure? It says it has a drum rear brake.
The bike in the pic from the 2013 Bike show seems to have a disc rear brake and a much better shaped ( cafe racer style ) seat, Also one of the bikes in the brochure is pictured with a wave style front disc brake.

I really like the look of this bike, With a set of cafe racer clip on handlebars and a few other mods it would look totally awesome.
( the stock handlebars look too high and spoil the cafe racer look for me )

Matty

Group Comfort
Level:
: +2

By: news (offline)  Wednesday, 27 February 2013 @ 06:04 PM ICT  

Quote by: Matty

How old is the brochure? It says it has a drum rear brake.
The bike in the pic from the 2013 Bike show seems to have a disc rear brake and a much better shaped ( cafe racer style ) seat, Also one of the bikes in the brochure is pictured with a wave style front disc brake.

I really like the look of this bike, With a set of cafe racer clip on handlebars and a few other mods it would look totally awesome.
( the stock handlebars look too high and spoil the cafe racer look for me )

The brochure is recent; the motorcycle we tested had a rear drum brake. As the Stallions Centaur 150 is a retro café racer the rear drum brake is in line with the style of the motorcycle. The brakes, including the rear brake, on the Centaur 150 work very well.

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: Josh ()  Thursday, 28 February 2013 @ 10:54 AM ICT  

I really like the cafe racer style, do they have a showroom in Bangkok?

By: Anonymous: George ()  Saturday, 27 April 2013 @ 10:21 AM ICT  

Do they also sell the Stallions Centaur 150 with a sidecar, as they did with the Polo 125?

By: news (offline)  Tuesday, 30 April 2013 @ 09:17 AM ICT  

Quote by: George

Do they also sell the Stallions Centaur 150 with a sidecar, as they did with the Polo 125?

If I remember correctly the Stallions Polo 125 had an optional sidecar for around 26,000 THB. I have no idea if Stallions also has that option for the new Stallions Centaur 150.

The best way to get accurate information is to call them and ask them yourself telephone 02-374-5666 (probably in Thai language for the best results)

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: Jonathan ()  Friday, 21 August 2015 @ 03:20 AM ICT  

Would I be able to get a hold of these in the US. Because when I went to Thailand I fell in love with the bike it's awesome!

By: ThaiDesign (offline)  Friday, 21 August 2015 @ 07:29 AM ICT  

Quote by: Jonathan

Would I be able to get a hold of these in the US. Because when I went to Thailand I fell in love with the bike it's awesome!

If you like the Stallions Centaur 150 you can always try to import one to the US, but maybe you should wait and take a look at the all-new Stallions Centaur 400 retro-bike, which will soon be introduced in Thailand.

I'm sure that a 400cc fits more with American motorcycling.....

ThaiDesign

Group Comfort
Level:
: +30

By: Anonymous: Jonathan ()  Friday, 21 August 2015 @ 11:38 AM ICT  

Quote by: ThaiDesign

Quote by: Jonathan

If you like the Stallions Centaur 150 you can always try to import one to the US, but maybe you should wait and take a look at the all-new Stallions Centaur 400 retro-bike, which will soon be introduced in Thailand.

I'm sure that a 400cc fits more with American motorcycling.....

They also have a cafe series right? What is that one called? Is it just the stallion cafe 150?

By: JJK (offline)  Thursday, 23 February 2017 @ 03:33 PM ICT  

Quote by: news

Power Stallion Co. Ltd is a 100% Thai owned motorcycle manufacturer located at

638/8 Soi Ramkamhaeng 79, Ramkamhaeng Road,
Huamark, Bangkapi, Bangkok 10240

Evidence?

Another author argues persuasively against this (and for Stallions being Chinese-made):

stallionscentaur150cafe.com/makes-stallions-motorbike/

JJK

Group Comfort
Level:
: +1

16 posts :: Page 1 of 2