By: Anonymous: JohnM ()  Wednesday, 30 January 2013 @ 12:00 AM ICT (Read 7626 times)  

HI experts
I am considering to buy a motobike (clutch) not an automatic on but there are just so many within the same price range that i'm looking for that i'm once day convinced it's this and the other day it's that. So would like your expert opinions

1) KEEWAY RKV 200
Concner; Manufactured in china? parts would be a problem?
Price 59,XXX

2)Kawasaki Dtracker 150.
CONCERN : Very much like a dirt bike,the seat seems small? any experience is it too small??? I did a test drive and it seemt o be o.k..but test drive is quite short.

3) MSX125:
i'm about 6 ft tall so i thought it was a small bike. But while at the shop i saw someone my height zoom by and he seemd tobe qutie comfortable.

4)Tiger?
Do they even still produce? seems parts is an issue??

Please help as you can see too many chocies..

Gobind.

By: news (offline)  Wednesday, 30 January 2013 @ 08:16 AM ICT  

From your writing I assume you like the Keeway RKV200, and like the Motard style of the Kawasaki D-Tracker 150. Did you know that Keeway also sells a TXM200, which uses a 200cc engine similar to the one used by the RKV200.

Click on image to open

The Keeway TXM200 costs a bit more than the Keeway RKV200 but is still a good amount cheaper than the Kawasaki D-Tracker 150. The Kawasaki D-Tracker 150 is also not a very powerful motorcycle.

I would not worry about parts for the Keeway, Keeway sells the models available in Thailand worldwide, and has a good replacement parts system, plus the Thai distributor is a serious company with a long company history.

Actually if you worry about replacement parts I would be more worried about the Kawasaki D-Tracker 150 as this motorcycle is only sold in a handful countries in Southeast Asia. A good example is the Kawasaki Boss 175 for which owners find it now-a-day difficult to find essential parts to keep the bikes working. Made in China, for small engine budget motorcycles is for me something positive, serious manufacturers like Keeway use industry standard parts for their motorcycles. For instance you can buy replacement bearings at any shop that sells bearings.... Recently I replaced the wheel-bearings of my Chinese made motocross bike (not a Keeway) for the best quality I could buy (heavy-duty SKF) for less than 400 THB.

The Kawasaki D-Tracker 150 is not a bad bike, I actually like it, but I agree that it's a bit small and is a bit lame for a 150cc compared to the Honda CBR150R (which costs similar).

The Honda MSX125 is a bit to new for me to offer any opinion, but I also found it a bit small.

For Tiger motorcycles, I know they currently sell the Tiger F4-150 and the Tiger F4-250, which are both good motorcycles. But I cannot comment on the availability of replacement parts, the build quality of the motorcycle itself is excellent for the price you pay. We wanted to test a Tiger F4-250 but we had to move that to a later date.

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: JohnM ()  Thursday, 31 January 2013 @ 12:15 AM ICT  

Quote by: news

From your writing I assume you like the Keeway RKV200, and like the Motard style of the Kawasaki D-Tracker 150. Did you know that Keeway also sells a TXM200, which uses a 200cc engine similar to the one used by the RKV200.

The Keeway TXM200 costs a bit more than the Keeway RKV200 but is still a good amount cheaper than the Kawasaki D-Tracker 150. The Kawasaki D-Tracker 150 is also not a very powerful motorcycle.

I would not worry about parts for the Keeway, Keeway sells the models available in Thailand worldwide, and has a good replacement parts system, plus the Thai distributor is a serious company with a long company history.

Actually if you worry about replacement parts I would be more worried about the Kawasaki D-Tracker 150 as this motorcycle is only sold in a handful countries in Southeast Asia. A good example is the Kawasaki Boss 175 for which owners find it now-a-day difficult to find essential parts to keep the bikes working. Made in China, for small engine budget motorcycles is for me something positive, serious manufacturers like Keeway use industry standard parts for their motorcycles. For instance you can buy replacement bearings at any shop that sells bearings.... Recently I replaced the wheel-bearings of my Chinese made motocross bike (not a Keeway) for the best quality I could buy (heavy-duty SKF) for less than 400 THB.

The Kawasaki D-Tracker 150 is not a bad bike, I actually like it, but I agree that it's a bit small and is a bit lame for a 150cc compared to the Honda CBR150R (which costs similar).

The Honda MSX125 is a bit to new for me to offer any opinion, but I also found it a bit small.

For Tiger motorcycles, I know they currently sell the Tiger F4-150 and the Tiger F4-250, which are both good motorcycles. But I cannot comment on the availability of replacement parts, the build quality of the motorcycle itself is excellent for the price you pay. We wanted to test a Tiger F4-250 but we had to move that to a later date.

Hi there Smile
Thanks alot fo your reply. I am also leaning towards the keeway either RKV or the TMX both seems like a good bike as well and i think for my height a good size as well and defintely price a positive point.

I agree with you that Dtracker the seat is so small and parts could be a concern ....

I think there a bangkok motorcycle festival goign on right now so will cehck the tiger out .....
So now it's tiger vs keeway..
Thanks
Gobind.

3 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 135 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association