By: news (offline)  Tuesday, 04 December 2012 @ 08:07 AM ICT (Read 1892 times)  

The 2012 Motor Expo is for the average motorcyclist still a bit boring, okay, this year they actually had a motorcycle section which was occupied by Benelli, GPX, Honda, Kawasaki, Keeway, Sym, Triumph and UDA. Actually the motorcycles and scooters from Benelli, Keeway and Sym where all at one booth.

While the new motorcycles on display from Benelli, Honda and Kawasaki could be a good excuse for a trip to the IMPACT Arena, Exhibition and Convention Center in Nonthaburi, the reality is that the motor show is more four-wheel (car) orientated.

In Thailand motor shows often have a theme for the show, and, while I have no idea what the theme for the 2012 Motor Expo is, I would not be supprise if it is “Turn your ECO-car in a Mean Machine” as about 50 percent of the exhibitors showed how to turn your smart-car / ECO-car into a heavily modified mean machine. For example one exhibitor showed a heavily modified and tunned Toyota Prius.

Still seeing the new Honda CBR500R, CB500F and CB500X in real was worth the trip. Also the Benelli BN500 and TNT899 looked very nice. The Kawasaki Z800 at the Kawasaki booth escaped my attention they were doing a dance act and the booth was busy like an anthill... But I trust that the Kawasaki Z800 looked amazing like all products from Kawasaki do...

Click on image to open

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: john ()  Wednesday, 05 December 2012 @ 02:35 PM ICT  

I was also disappointed in GPX after the last motor expo they had a 250cc off-road bike, this year the largest off-road bike they where selling was 140cc.

2 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 132 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association