By: gaur73 (offline)  Tuesday, 24 July 2012 @ 12:55 PM ICT (Read 1672 times)  

I would like to firstly thank you and your team for the stories and information you have posted on your site. GREAT JOB.
Accurate and useful information is all ways appreciated.

Second, I know you are busy people and have many things to do on a daily bases, but if you could (when you have the time) update the price list of motorcycles and financing it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you again for your time and effort,

Terrence
(aka gaur73)

gaur73

Group Comfort
Level:
: +2

By: Anonymous: David ()  Tuesday, 24 July 2012 @ 03:31 PM ICT  

Nice letter Terrence.

Keep in mind that Motorcycle Thailand publishes suggested retail prices.
I have found, especially with Honda, there is a significant variance between the suggested retail price and the actual price on the showroom floor.

Eg the suggested retail price of the Honda CRF250L is stated as being 130,000 baht.
In fact it is 139,900 baht (in Chianh Mai). A big difference.

Likewise with the Wave; there's a 4,000 baht difference between the suggested price and the actual price.

And freight doesn't explain such a gap.

Maybe the best way for Motorcycle Thailand to deal with prices is to contact an actual dealer for each of the brands sold here and ask to
hem to fax a price list of all their models.

By: admin (offline)  Tuesday, 24 July 2012 @ 04:12 PM ICT  

Quote by: gaur73

I would like to firstly thank you and your team for the stories and information you have posted on your site. GREAT JOB.
Accurate and useful information is all ways appreciated.

Second, I know you are busy people and have many things to do on a daily bases, but if you could (when you have the time) update the price list of motorcycles and financing it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you again for your time and effort,

Terrence
(aka gaur73)

He Terrence,

Thanks for the kind words, we're trying our best to keep Motorcycle Thailand updated.
But as most people in Thailand, who try to contact a motorcycle manufacturer, probably have noticed you not get often a response on questions.

We get from a few motorcycle manufacturers a so-called recommended retail price list, other like Kawasaki give us an actual retail price. But we would be lying if we get the price lists from everybody on regular intervals.

Also a few price lists also include old models who are not available anymore, but still appear on the price list.

We would like to have a more accurate price list, but if we would publish prices from a dealer, lets say a Bangkok Honda dealer, the prices, would still make no sense for somebody in Chiang Rai. The only thing Motorcycle Thailand loses is the excuse to contact a motorcycle manufacturer... To get information we talk about A and sometimes we get some extra information on the side... And the information on the side is often much more interested than the price of a motorcycle.

Nui

admin

Group Comfort
Level:
: 0

3 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 132 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association