By: Anonymous: David ()  Thursday, 31 May 2012 @ 08:29 AM ICT (Read 3491 times)  

Is the Honda NC700X actually available now in Thailand.
A Chiang Mai Honda dealer knew nothing about when I inquired.

Thank you.

By: news (offline)  Friday, 01 June 2012 @ 10:10 AM ICT  

It’s a bit confusing, but Honda sells the big bikes through special dealerships. Probably you asked for the Honda NC700X at a regular Honda motorcycle dealer, which doesn’t automatically qualify as a big bike dealer.

For more information where you can buy a Honda NC700X you can call 02-790-3999 (Honda big bike hot line). Attached is the official Honda Thailand Big Bike price list.

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: David ()  Friday, 01 June 2012 @ 04:14 PM ICT  

Thanks for that.
I checked today with the biggest dealer in Chiang Mai and was told I'd need to go to Bangkok and it is available from Big Wing.
They also said it would be in CMai 'in 3 months'.

By: Matty (offline)  Friday, 01 June 2012 @ 05:17 PM ICT  

I know Big Bikes are expensive in Thailand but the prices never fail to Shock, Amaze and Annoy me.
Why anybody would buy a new Big Bike in Thailand, I will never know.

The Honda NC700X is listed at 451,000 baht which is Australian dollars is about $14,600
To buy the identical bike in Australia costs $8500 ( and we complain here because bikes are cheaper in America)
We have a much smaller biker community and freight costs to get Bikes here would be alot more expensive, as well as labour to assemble them, dealer costs such as rent etc.
It would make more sense if the price difference was reversed ( cheaper in Thailand than Australia ) then I could understand and justify it.

The customers in Thailand are being ripped off big time. ( by government taxes )
Surely the Thai government would make more money by making the tax on these bikes more reasonable, they would sell ALOT MORE bikes and therefore gather more tax (in total ) than they do now because im sure Big Bike sales would go up 500% or more if they were realistically priced.

There is one or two exceptions to this big price difference, One being the Thai built Kawasaki ER-6

Matty

Group Comfort
Level:
: +2

By: Anonymous: David ()  Friday, 01 June 2012 @ 05:54 PM ICT  

'Onya Matty.
Not only are we being screwed by shameless, short-sighted greed, we also suffer the double jeopardy of there being so few bikes to choose from here.
Maybe that's why some folk at least have a look at the Honda 700, despite it being an outrageous price.

Yes, the numbers of big bikes are very slowly increasing and there are some interesting ones rumoured to be coming, but we sure get burnt if we decide to buy them.
Unless it's a Kawasaki, which are not to everyone's taste.

By: Richard (offline)  Saturday, 02 June 2012 @ 10:26 AM ICT  

Sure Thailand is expensive if you want to ride a big bike, but calculate this, normally I write off my motorcycle in 3-years. And yes the motorcycle costs a good amount more then if I bought it in my home country, but over 3-years it's still cheaper to buy a expensive motorcycle and live in Thailand than buy the same motorcycle cheaper in my home country and live there for 3-years.

Thailand has high import duties on imported luxury items, and a big bike is pretty high on the luxury list...

Richard

Group Comfort
Level:
: +10

By: Nun (offline)  Saturday, 02 June 2012 @ 10:28 AM ICT  

Reducing the import TAX will not automatically mean that the number of units numbers sold will rise, most Thai people 'currently' see riding a motorcycle as a lower social status.

Nun

Group Comfort
Level:
: 0

7 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 135 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association