By: Anonymous: Kirk ()  Sunday, 15 April 2012 @ 01:35 PM ICT (Read 1912 times)  

I've heard lots of people say a softer front tire with a harder rear's a good combination but others say it's best to use fronts and rears designed to work together, even if this means they'll wear out different times.

What's everybody's opinion on this?

By: news (offline)  Sunday, 15 April 2012 @ 02:12 PM ICT  

In the old days a softer front tire and a harder rear tire made some sense with certain tires, but with tire technology now that's not true, in fact it's bit of wives' tail that one. Most modern tires are designed with the front to have a softer compound than the rear.

My advice would be to stick with a matched pair of modern motorcycle tires...

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: Sam ()  Sunday, 29 July 2012 @ 09:52 PM ICT  

Hi guys, very quick question for you. I need to change my Kawasaki ER6N tire, but as per usual there's loads of life left in the front. Is it possible to mix and match as I want something a little more dedicated to sporty riding on the rear now.

By: news (offline)  Monday, 30 July 2012 @ 07:48 AM ICT  

Quote by: Sam

Hi guys, very quick question for you. I need to change my Kawasaki ER6N tire, but as per usual there's loads of life left in the front. Is it possible to mix and match as I want something a little more dedicated to sporty riding on the rear now.

Hi Sam, here's a very quick answer for you, don't do it. You have a pretty advanced motorcycle and its only connection to the road are the tires. Never, ever skimp on rubber – it's not worth it.

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

4 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 134 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association