12 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: news (offline)  Tuesday, 07 February 2012 @ 06:14 AM ICT (Read 10207 times)  

Honda Thailand has started to sell big bikes in Thailand. Currently Honda is offering the following big bikes; Honda Goldwing, Honda VFR1200F, Honda CBR1000RR, Honda NC700X (DCT), Honda Integra (DCT), and the Honda CRF250R.

A note the Honda CRF250R is not road legal and therefore no license plate or greenbook is possible. At a later stage Honda will also launch the Honda CRF250L, which is a 100% road legal enduro motorcycle.

The Honda DCT (Dual Clutch Transmission) gearbox explained

Some of the postings here where originally posted as comments for article The Honda NC700X DCT Available in Thailand.

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: Anonymous ()  Tuesday, 07 February 2012 @ 06:16 AM ICT  

" One of the biggest positive sales point would probably be the fuel economy, ... "

And THE negative sales point is the asking price!
I was actually liking this bike until I saw the price and realized what else I can buy for the 410.000 baht.

By: Anonymous: Anonymous ()  Tuesday, 07 February 2012 @ 06:17 AM ICT  

yep...same feeling here... heard that AP is starting a big bike shop in April...and production of big bikes in thailand on the way? was hoping to get this new engine which should be the same price range as ER-6 if made and sold here...but alas the price looks like an imported one now! looks like i will choose a small bike until the big bike scene looks more reasonable..so sad..

By: Anonymous: spicysomtam ()  Tuesday, 07 February 2012 @ 06:18 AM ICT  

I think if you were concerned about economy you wouldn't spend this amount of money and you wouldn't buy a 700cc bike! You would buy a much smaller cc'd scooter or bike, especially if you were commuting every day and trying to manage costs. 700cc is not required to move one person on two wheels from A to B!

The trade off of having a big bike is that you get performance and you arn't that bothered about economy. Honda are trying to turn this concept on its head, so its a bit of risk. My feeling is that Honda havn't got it right. Maybe its worth the gamble to see how the market responds?

By: Anonymous: Anonymous ()  Tuesday, 07 February 2012 @ 06:19 AM ICT  

However, it's good to see Honda and other manufacturers taking the Thai market more seriously and making more of their over 250cc bikes available to us.

By: Anonymous: Trotinette ()  Monday, 13 February 2012 @ 02:18 PM ICT  

Quote by: Anonymous

" One of the biggest positive sales point would probably be the fuel economy, ... "

And THE negative sales point is the asking price!
I was actually liking this bike until I saw the price and realized what else I can buy for the 410.000 baht.

Well, I fully agree. What about a Kawasaki 650... around 270 000 bahts...

By: Nun (offline)  Monday, 13 February 2012 @ 03:37 PM ICT  

You can buy a nice secondhand Kawasaki ER6N and a new Sym GTS 300i EVO and probably still have a few coins over to buy yourself a nice helmet.

Nun

Group Comfort
Level:
: 0

By: Anonymous: Johny ()  Monday, 13 February 2012 @ 04:11 PM ICT  

Quote by: Nun

You can buy a nice secondhand Kawasaki ER6N and a new Sym GTS 300i EVO and probably still have a few coins over to buy yourself a nice helmet.

Even if you buy a new Kawasaki ER6N (250,000 Bht) and a new Sym GTS 300i EVO (175,000 Bht) you end up with a similar cost.

By: Anonymous: Julien ()  Monday, 20 February 2012 @ 03:15 PM ICT  

Is there any plan for HONDA to introduce/distribute the CB1000R ?
I don't understand how come this naked bike, or the 600 Hornet, are not in the first line of Honda big bikes models for Thailand.
If any anyone as an info about it, please share.
Cheers,

By: Anonymous: Barrabas ()  Monday, 20 February 2012 @ 03:51 PM ICT  

Quote by: Julien

Is there any plan for HONDA to introduce/distribute the CB1000R ?
I don't understand how come this naked bike, or the 600 Hornet, are not in the first line of Honda big bikes models for Thailand.
If any anyone as an info about it, please share.
Cheers,

You not alone, lots of people expected that Honda Thailand would also introduce the CB1000R. But it seems that we need to have more patience, maybe I will inquire Redbaron in Bangkok what it would cost to import a Honda CB1000R. With the prices Honda is charging for its big bikes it cannot be that much different.

By: Anonymous: Julien ()  Tuesday, 21 February 2012 @ 06:13 PM ICT  

I have asked this to another import shop in the past, it would be THB 800,000 selling price (new).
If Honda decides one day to sell the CB1000R officially in Thailand, I think the price should not be much over THB 600K.
Otherwise, better to buy a Kawa Z1000.
Wait and see then...

By: news (offline)  Tuesday, 21 February 2012 @ 06:16 PM ICT  

The Kawasaki Z1000 is with its cost price of 585,000 THB a good alternative for the Honda CB1000R. Another alternative is the Yamaha FZ1 Fazer which Yamaha Thailand sells for 590,000 THB

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

12 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 343 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association