By: Anonymous: Lwin ()  Sunday, 18 December 2011 @ 05:45 PM ICT (Read 3671 times)  

Hi
I want to get thai motorcycle driving license. I'm staying in samutsakorn. I don't have any driving license from my country. I'm from myanmar and does anyone know how can i get the motorcycle driving license in thailand. I've the passport with non-immigrant visa and work-permit ( blue book ) already.
thanks in advance

By: news (offline)  Sunday, 18 December 2011 @ 06:10 PM ICT  

You can get a Thai drivers license at the local Department of Land Transportation, for you in Samut Sakorn.

- If you can not read and / nor understand the Thai language, you are allowed to bring a interpreter to fill the forms and translate the possible instruction class and tests.
- Valid Passport with Valid Non-immigrant Visa
- Signed copies of the passport's first page, the page with the current non-immigrant visa, the page with the last entry stamp and the TM-card.
- A certified letter of address from the applicant's embassy, or from the Immigration Bureau (document can not be older than 30 days).
Tip: The letter from the embassy is the fastest option, but the immigration office will provide this service for free. However, it will take them 3-6 weeks to complete and an officer from your local police station will visit your place of residence for verification.

- If you are working in Thailand: the blue workbook, better known as your work permit, can replace either of these documents and serve as address verification!
- A doctor's certificate stating that the applicant is in good health, both physically and mentally (standard forms are available from most clinics and should not be more than 30 days old)
- 2 photos, 1 x 1 inch and not older than 6 months (photo service is available on the premises).
- Valid international driver's license plus signed photocopy or translated regular driving licence from the applicant's home country, certified by Embassy or consulate. (if available).
Note that 1 set of these documents is required per licence applications. However, when applying for both a car and a motorcycle license, an extra copy of the doctor's certificate and the letter of address will suffice for the second application.

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Lwin (offline)  Sunday, 18 December 2011 @ 06:43 PM ICT  

- Valid international driver's license plus signed photocopy or translated regular driving licence from the applicant's home country, certified by Embassy or consulate. (if available).

For about,

I don't have any driver's license from my country.
Can i try license without it.

Thanks a lot again.

Lwin

Group Comfort
Level:
: 0

By: andyc (offline)  Wednesday, 21 December 2011 @ 04:51 PM ICT  

Quote by: news

You can get a Thai drivers license at the local Department of Land Transportation, for you in Samut Sakorn.

- If you can not read and / nor understand the Thai language, you are allowed to bring a interpreter to fill the forms and translate the possible instruction class and tests.
- Signed copies of the passport's first page, the page with the current non-immigrant visa, the page with the last entry stamp and the TM-card.
- A certified letter of address from the applicant's embassy, or from the Immigration Bureau (document can not be older than 30 days).
Tip: The letter from the embassy is the fastest option, but the immigration office will provide this service for free. However, it will take them 3-6 weeks to complete and an officer from your local police station will visit your place of residence for verification.

- If you are working in Thailand: the blue workbook, better known as your work permit, can replace either of these documents and serve as address verification!
- A doctor's certificate stating that the applicant is in good health, both physically and mentally (standard forms are available from most clinics and should not be more than 30 days old)
- 2 photos, 1 x 1 inch and not older than 6 months (photo service is available on the premises).
Note that 1 set of these documents is required per licence applications. However, when applying for both a car and a motorcycle license, an extra copy of the doctor's certificate and the letter of address will suffice for the second application.

Hello news just one question i have a non o visa but police never come around check my place to see if im there,i have two places here but never had anybody check over licence,

andyc

Group Comfort
Level:
: +1

By: news (offline)  Wednesday, 21 December 2011 @ 04:59 PM ICT  

Quote by: andyc

Quote by: news

Hello news just one question i have a non o visa but police never come around check my place to see if im there,i have two places here but never had anybody check over licence,

Yes, that can happen... it's not something new. Sometimes the police probably trust our farang faces to tell the truth. But the rules say that the police has the right to check your information, if they do it is another question...

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

5 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 135 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association