12 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Anonymous: caseinlet ()  Thursday, 10 November 2011 @ 10:30 PM ICT (Read 8474 times)  

why is it that in northern thailand that the honda price for a 100i front disc brake electric start is 42,000-45,000 baht well above the the retail price of 38,000 baht are we getting ripped of or what?
honda should do something about the custumers being ripped off
COME ON HONDA DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS
THE PRICE FIXING THAT GOES ON IN THAILAND IS BAD ENOUGH WITHOUT DEALERS RIPPING THE CONSUMER OFF WITH INFLATED PRICE MARGINS

By: Anonymous: David ()  Friday, 11 November 2011 @ 04:02 AM ICT  

Maybe, just maybe, this is the reason?

'Motorcycle Prices' Motorcycle Thailand.

"Last Updated Sunday, 07 February 2010 @ 10:42 PM ICT|"

By: Maintenance (offline)  Friday, 11 November 2011 @ 07:04 AM ICT  

Quote by: David

Maybe, just maybe, this is the reason?

'Motorcycle Prices' Motorcycle Thailand.

To be honest the Honda suggested retail prices we provide was 'Last Updated Friday, 30 September 2011 @ 06:37 AM ICT'.

We did not received any update since September 2011. Dealers in the North of Thailand also have to pay for the extra transport charge for delivery.

Honda, and many other motorcycle brand prices are likely to go up, as most motorcycle manufacturers have stopped production.

Maintenance

Group Comfort
Level:
: +3

By: Anonymous: Johny ()  Friday, 11 November 2011 @ 09:48 AM ICT  

Are you sure you comparing the right motorcycles? The Honda Wave 110i AT (with CV-Matic) is around 44,000 baht and the cheapest 4-gear semi-automatic (without clutch) is around 10,000 baht cheaper.

By: Anonymous: David ()  Friday, 11 November 2011 @ 02:16 PM ICT  

OK, but when we go to 'Navigation' then 'Motorcycle Prices' we see this;

Why is that statement still there?

By: Maintenance (offline)  Friday, 11 November 2011 @ 10:21 PM ICT  

Quote by: David

OK, but when we go to 'Navigation' then 'Motorcycle Prices' we see this;

Why is that statement still there?

That is an indication that, since '07 February 2010' no NEW motorcycle brand has submitted a price list to use...

Maintenance

Group Comfort
Level:
: +3

By: Anonymous: David ()  Saturday, 12 November 2011 @ 11:46 AM ICT  

That is an indication that, since '07 February 2010' no NEW motorcycle manufacturer has submitted a price list to use...

Incredible!

By: Anonymous: Anonymous ()  Friday, 21 September 2012 @ 09:12 AM ICT  

Honda price list (for current models) seems well out of date....69,800Bt for a PCX150, 117,000Bt for CBR250ABS ? I don't think so!

By: Anonymous: Jeffrey ()  Sunday, 23 September 2012 @ 07:08 PM ICT  

Recently (this month) I got pricing for a new Honda Spacy I for my wife.
Chaing Mai was 2000 less than Bangkok

Pattaya was even less than Bangkok too

By: news (offline)  Monday, 24 September 2012 @ 08:23 AM ICT  

The prices we publish on our website are what Honda calls suggested retail prices, and no Honda dealer is anyway obligated to sell for those prices.

Additional the suggested retail prices we get from Honda are without the cost of transport from Honda to the dealer, without registration fee and the price of the 'compulsory' 1-year insurance... This all plus maybe the extra charge from main dealer to smaller-town sub-dealers can influence the motorcycle prices with a few thousand THB.

Also Thai motorcycle dealers are not stupid, when a model gets popular in a region the prices will go up, the basic market concepts of demand and supply - supply and demand is perhaps one of the most fundamental concepts of economics and it is the backbone of a market economy. Thailand is a free market economy and Thai people traditional love to negotiate about the price – is this the reason why Honda is doing so much better than all the other motorcycle manufacturers who have fixed motorcycle prices... I honestly cannot tell... But what I can say is that Honda apparently knows what they're doing, they have dominate the Thai motorcycle market.

Honda sales numbers are incredible, especially if you look at the profit they make. For-instance Kawasaki makes much less profit per unit than Honda, while (currently) only selling big bikes in Thailand the cost per unit is much higher. For the amount of 1 Kawasaki ER6N +/-250,000 THB you can buy about 5 Honda scooters, and with this 5 scooters Honda makes much much more profit. Also not forget that every Kawasaki sold worldwide Honda is also getting a slice of the Kawasaki profit...

So back to the prices we publish on our website, if anybody knows a better way to get the motorcycle prices more accurate, for everybody in Thailand, we are all ears... Of course calling motorcycle dealers on a weekly base nationwide will solve the problem, but that would mean we have to hire somebody to do this... as getting this information and publish it in a way it's 'easily' understandable is basically a full time job.

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: agogohome (offline)  Tuesday, 25 September 2012 @ 08:56 AM ICT  

Quote by: news

The prices we publish on our website are what Honda calls suggested retail prices, and no Honda dealer is anyway obligated to sell for those prices.

Additional the suggested retail prices we get from Honda are without the cost of transport from Honda to the dealer, without registration fee and the price of the 'compulsory' 1-year insurance... This all plus maybe the extra charge from main dealer to smaller-town sub-dealers can influence the motorcycle prices with a few thousand THB.

Also Thai motorcycle dealers are not stupid, when a model gets popular in a region the prices will go up, the basic market concepts of demand and supply - supply and demand is perhaps one of the most fundamental concepts of economics and it is the backbone of a market economy. Thailand is a free market economy and Thai people traditional love to negotiate about the price – is this the reason why Honda is doing so much better than all the other motorcycle manufacturers who have fixed motorcycle prices... I honestly cannot tell... But what I can say is that Honda apparently knows what they're doing, they have dominate the Thai motorcycle market.

Honda sales numbers are incredible, especially if you look at the profit they make. For-instance Kawasaki makes much less profit per unit than Honda, while (currently) only selling big bikes in Thailand the cost per unit is much higher. For the amount of 1 Kawasaki ER6N +/-250,000 THB you can buy about 5 Honda scooters, and with this 5 scooters Honda makes much much more profit. Also not forget that every Kawasaki sold worldwide Honda is also getting a slice of the Kawasaki profit...

So back to the prices we publish on our website, if anybody knows a better way to get the motorcycle prices more accurate, for everybody in Thailand, we are all ears... Of course calling motorcycle dealers on a weekly base nationwide will solve the problem, but that would mean we have to hire somebody to do this... as getting this information and publish it in a way it's 'easily' understandable is basically a full time job.

It would probably be better to retitle the category, rather than have a link that says 'Motorcycle prices' . People reading the site take these (prices) as absolute gospel. In reality, I doubt a single one is correct.

agogohome

Group Comfort
Level:
: 0

By: news (offline)  Tuesday, 25 September 2012 @ 09:18 AM ICT  

Quote by: agogohome

It would probably be better to retitle the category, rather than have a link that says 'Motorcycle prices' . People reading the site take these (prices) as absolute gospel. In reality, I doubt a single one is correct.

Actually the Honda big bike prices are correct, but that is not a surpris as it are fixed prices.

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

12 posts :: Page 1 of 1