23 posts :: Page 1 of 2
By: Anonymous: Patrick ()  Wednesday, 03 September 2008 @ 12:16 AM ICT (Read 50186 times)  

My girl friend and I will arrive in Bangkok on the 14th of September 2008 and will return home (France) on the 27th.
During those 2 weeks we would want to rent a motorcycle (Honda 200 Phantom) and to have a quick and autonomous visit the North West and the south of the Thailand gulf (Cha-am, Hua-Hin, island of Ko Samui, Nakhon, ...) and the Andaman cost (Krabi, Phuket...).
Could you please indicate me where I can rent such bike in Bangkok (and prices)?
Could we bring the motorcycle on the boat when travelling to an island ?
Many thanks,
Patrick

By: Anonymous: dz ()  Monday, 06 October 2008 @ 07:47 AM ICT  

Did you have luck finding a place to rent a bike for your two weeks? I will be doing the same thing the end of this month (October). Thanx!

By: Anonymous: Gecko ()  Monday, 06 October 2008 @ 02:45 PM ICT  

The question is more is it safe enough to rent a motorcycle in Bangkok.

Also not forget that the Bangkok police will seriously ask for your International Motorcycle License, so what ever happens not forget that one......

By: Anonymous: auzzie ()  Monday, 22 June 2009 @ 07:30 PM ICT  

I have just spent two whole days searching for motorcycle rental places in Bangkok.
During hat time I have come across about 20 or so different forums where people are asking where they can rent a motorbike in Bangkok all of those forum threads invariably get hijacked by some annoying people who turn the thread into a pitiful discussion about safety of riding bikes in Thailand. That happens every time - and the original question of where one could hire a motorbike is completely ignored and obliterated.
I am really annoyed by this nuisance.
I know for a fact that it is possible to rent one here in Bkk because I personally did that some years ago during my first visit to BKK.
However it seams a lot harder to find some constructive helpful advice on this issue this time around.
There appear to be numerous motorbike hiring places everywhere else around Thailand but nothing so far in BKK itself

I think that there is a huge demand for such businesses in Bkk and if some clever guy takes note of this - and starts a motorbike / scooter renting business here he will be on to something real big.

So here again Is my QUESTION !

Where in Bangkok can I hire a motorbike or a scooter for a week or two ???

If some one out there really can help then please help me and so many others...
by posting some USEFUL ! information/ links here.

Please dont try to turn this topic around by talking about the safety and statistics and other such crap - this is really counterproductive and a major nuisance.

Hope to see some useful stuff posted here soon.
Cheers.
Ozzie

By: Anonymous: zBike ()  Tuesday, 23 June 2009 @ 06:23 AM ICT  

It is indeed very likely that somebody rents out motorcycles in Bangkok, but this places are less commercial as you see in popular tourist destinations. Also there is no “tolerance” from the Bangkok Metropolitan Traffic Police, so you need at least a international drivers permit which indicates that you qualify for riding a motorcycle. (this needed, it will help if you have a paper translated in Thai and get it stamped)

If you rent a motorcycle in Bangkok, you need assume that the motorcycle is not insured, this will cost you about 645 Baht for basic insurance (the amount depends on engine size).

Also be aware, that the Thai law can be weird for Westerners, so is the person responsible for the motorcycle went it is rented. If it get stolen, damaged or even confiscated by the police for something like not paid road tax you're funny responsible for the returning of the motorcycle to the owner (renting shop). In any event you involve the police, as in your eyes it looks unreasonable “the owner did not pay road tax the whole year, and you rent the bike for 2 days, and now have to pay all the tax plus a fine and administration fee” this means it will only get more expensive. And you get irritated as you belief that Thai police and people are corrupt, while it is the person who rented the bike who was wrong as hi not know how it works in Thailand.

By: Anonymous: Dave ()  Wednesday, 08 July 2009 @ 03:27 PM ICT  

I live in BKK and have been thinking of the same thing (renting a bike). My need is for quick trips out of BKK on weekends.

I work with a heap of locals and will ask them who knows of a any places and will keep you posted of what I find.

As for posts getting hi-jacked, I agree they usually come from people who actually have never been on the ground here and think they know what they are on about, but actually have little to no idea.

By: Anonymous: stig roobert parow ()  Thursday, 06 August 2009 @ 11:45 PM ICT  

I keep 5 motorbikes in bangkok planing to rent out, all 2010 kawasaki er6n with abs have done 10000 km on one of them this year,all over a very positive experience.

The purpose is to drive small groups on trips to isaan and north thailand if i decide to rent out one or two i will need a work permit and a drivers license + a depositum if no w permit and confirmed adress the depositum will be about 200k bht needless to say all the bikes are unsctratched and i want them to be when returned.
I have visited EVRY single city in isaan and most in north and south and it is the most beautifull trip in the world.
my e mail is nuwatmat@yahoo.com

By: Anonymous: stig robert parow ()  Thursday, 03 September 2009 @ 02:03 AM ICT  

This is the company,it will be operative from November the 10 for rental purpose,location is not set in stone yet but probably around the don muang area.

{link removed - reason, the link did not work anymore}

The prices for rental are not ready yet but will be in the 1200 bth area and discounted for long rentals,all our bikes are brand new er6n kawasaki's

looking forward to serve customers

By: rocketass (offline)  Wednesday, 16 September 2009 @ 01:21 PM ICT  

So it´s not possible to rent a Scooter in BKK. Now i rent one in Pattaya and drive go BKK. I know, it´s not alowed, but who knows ?

Italjet Dragster 180
Aprilia SR 125 Harada

rocketass

Group Comfort
Level:
: 0

By: Anonymous: paves ()  Saturday, 17 October 2009 @ 08:14 AM ICT  

I have been riding motorbikes everywhere in Thailand for years ,except Bangkok because of the reasons previously mentioned(not easy ). I would fly up to Chiang Mai and rent a bike there. You can get almost any type of bike you want and then ride across to Issan. But the best ride of all is just out of Chiang Mai -head north to Mae Hong Son then return south through the Lang San National Park to Tak then back North to Chiang Mai.

I have done this amazing trip on a small Honda Dream and cannot describe what a blast it was. Riding in Thailand is I believe safer than on Australian Roads where everyone else on the road has not got a clue that there is someone else sharing the road-especially bikes! Ignore all the posts about how dangerous it is -so is travelling in a tourist coach down a wet mountain road with a Thai driver who hasnt had enough sleep ! I see farangs who have had accidents in Thailand but they are usually those that have decided to rent a stepthrough that looks easy to ride and they dont actually ride a bike full time at home.

Take a while getting used to the road 'rules' in Thailand and you will have no problems(this topic deserves a book in itself) The big tip is -"do not hesitate" when manouvering/riding in Thailand. Look around the moat in Chiang Mai and pick your bike to hire.

Get a brand new 250 cruiser that will take you anywhere.You can also contact the bike clubs in Chiang Mai and they are a good source of bikes if you want something big or unusual.If you are staying long enough then just go and buy a bike and then sell when you leave. I bought a Yamaha SR500 once for $2000 in mint condition did 2000k and sold it for $1500. Cost around $600 including transfers which was cheaper than renting for 6 weeks.

Sorry cannot help with info about the South but would imagine it will be easier to hire a bike in Pattaya than BKK.

By: Anonymous: worldscopecarrental@yahoo.co.th ()  Monday, 02 November 2009 @ 12:46 AM ICT  

I have released big bike motorcycle cruiser honda phanthom 200cc for rental .
Someone interest do not hesitate to contact me in the east of Bangkok tel.087-345-0684

By: Anonymous: Andrew ()  Wednesday, 09 June 2010 @ 12:00 AM ICT  

Hello,

You will find good bikes for rent in

Motorcycle for Rent

@+

By: Anonymous: Andrew ()  Wednesday, 16 June 2010 @ 12:11 PM ICT  

Hi everybody,

You will be able to find big motorbikes (from 250cc to 1100cc) and scooters for rent in Bangkok from Bangkok Bikes Rental company. You will find more information on their website

(for more information visit the discussion Bangkok BIke Retal)

Cheers

By: Anonymous: John F. Moriarty ()  Friday, 02 July 2010 @ 12:29 PM ICT  

I am the only guy in Bangkok who rents out motorcycles from Bangkok.
I used to have 750's, 650's and 400's Japanese Bikes: Hondas, Kawasakis Suzukis, Yamahas.

Because the big bikes are hard to maintain, all I have now are Honda Phantoms 200cc's made in Thailand. Chopper style, in new condition.

My email used to be johnstcd@hotmail.com. Now it is johnstcd2@hotmail.com.

my phones are 02-391-5670 or 02-712-8505 if calling from Bangkok. If Calling from outside the country cross out the 02 and put in 662 plus the next seven digits.

My address 399/7 Soi Thong Loh 21; Sukhumvit 55-21; Bangkok 10110

normal bike rental fee is 500 baht per day, with small reductions for long term renters. eg. pay for 6 days and get seven.

By: Anonymous: Andy ()  Saturday, 06 November 2010 @ 03:58 PM ICT  

Hi Guys,

We open with one of my friend a rental company in Bangkok. You will find all information about our fleet, terms and conditions on our website

Motorcycles for rent Thailand

Feel free to contact us for more details ...

C U

Andy

23 posts :: Page 1 of 2