By: Anonymous: Andrew Hargreaves ()  Tuesday, 02 August 2011 @ 11:06 AM ICT (Read 7093 times)  

I've been running my PCX on Gasahol for a while but it started to flat spot around 40kph then at 30kph I took it to Honda on 3rd road Pattaya, they took it for a test ride came back cleaned the variator and changed a headlight bulb, charged 40bht!
Then I took it to Nurmplubwan same thing but had it serviced as well they say its ok.
Now it is sat outside, I have taken the injector off and when it dried out Sand fwll out, not much but enough to give problems. I'm hopeing this has cured mine because I was giving up on the bike as I'm not that impressed with it.

By: ThaiDesign (offline)  Wednesday, 03 August 2011 @ 08:48 AM ICT  

The Honda PCX 125 should run fine on gasohol (E10) fuel, it was designed to sense the present of ethanol fuel and adapt the fueling of the engine. That said I almost want to suggest that something is wrong with your PGM-FI unit, but that would only be true if you also had problems with regular fuel.

Maybe try another petrol station, Honda often complains that petrol station in rural areas do less service on the petrol pump installation, which can produce some debris in the fuel... The Honda PGM-FI is extra sensitive for small 'minuscule' debris in the fuel as it uses a 12-hole injector, while most other motorcycle manufacturers use a 8-hole injector. Smaller holes create much finer fuel-droplets in the air/fuel mixer and greatly improve the combustion, which makes for a more fuel efficient engine. Downside to smaller injector holes is that 12-hole injectors are much more sensitive for bad/old/cheap... etc... fuel.

You can try to install a filter in the fuel-line, but be-aware this needs to be a bit more complicated fuel-filter as the fuel-line of fuel-injection motorcycles/scooters are under pressure.

ThaiDesign

Group Comfort
Level:
: +30

By: Anonymous: Andrew Hargreaves ()  Thursday, 04 August 2011 @ 09:15 AM ICT  

I've now refitted the injector and the bike runs fine. I''m told that gasahol leaves a goo behind but there was none in this case. Also Honda Mityon in Nurmblupwan said not to use gasahol as the formula was changed and was no longer good. My opininon for what it's worth is most dearlers employ fitter and not engineers.

By: ThaiDesign (offline)  Thursday, 04 August 2011 @ 11:09 AM ICT  

The gasohol formula is still fine, some dealers/mechanics mix-up experiences they have with motorcycles which are not certified to run on E10 (10% Ethanol fuel), the Honda PCX 125 is equipped with plastics and rubber components that can withstand Ethanol.

On older motorcycles, which are not E10 certified, rubber hoses, plastic carburetor floats and other plastic or rubber components dissolve with Ethanol fuels and settle somewhere in the engine as the 'goo' you talk about... Rebuilding and cleaning carburetors is now-a-day a daily event for motorcycle mechanics..

ThaiDesign

Group Comfort
Level:
: +30

By: andyc (offline)  Tuesday, 09 August 2011 @ 11:25 AM ICT  

Quote by: ThaiDesign

The gasohol formula is still fine, some dealers/mechanics mix-up experiences they have with motorcycles which are not certified to run on E10 (10% Ethanol fuel), the Honda PCX 125 is equipped with plastics and rubber components that can withstand Ethanol.

On older motorcycles, which are not E10 certified, rubber hoses, plastic carburetor floats and other plastic or rubber components dissolve with Ethanol fuels and settle somewhere in the engine as the 'goo' you talk about... Rebuilding and cleaning carburetors is now-a-day a daily event for motorcycle mechanics..

You are right if you put 95 gashole in. i been told from honda that Thailand there is no real standard you could get 15 or 20 percent depending which pump you use.I have a pcx they recomend use 91 the green one no problems use 91 the red one it will ruin the cat.So the safest fuel to use 91 green and its the cheapeast.Forgot 95 you dont know what the mixture is.I live in small village i feel up every time i go to town.as the pumps here local dont have 91 green.HONDA YOU SHOULD WARN CUSTOMERS 95 is not good here in Thailand,

andyc

Group Comfort
Level:
: +1

5 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 132 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association