By: Anonymous: Henry Rik ()  Tuesday, 21 June 2011 @ 09:56 AM ICT (Read 1898 times)  

On my motorcycle the rubber boots that cover the shocks and front forks have rotted out. I thought this would be an easy find at some local motorcycle shop, but that's not so; seems all they want to do is sell me a new set of shocks at a big price. If some of you here could please point me in any direction as far as replacements are concerned, I really appreciate it.

By: Anonymous: วีรนะ ()  Tuesday, 21 June 2011 @ 11:43 AM ICT  

Welcome to tropical Thailand, lots of other motorcycle riders have experienced the problem of rotting rubber. Because replacement boots are often not available, some problems can be replaced by universal aftermarket rubber...

By: Matty (offline)  Tuesday, 21 June 2011 @ 12:11 PM ICT  

I cant believe there is not thousands of fork boots in various colours hanging up in most motorcycle spare parts shops here. ( not that ive looked for them ) They should be as cheap as chips here in Thailand. Especially after market ones.
If you cant find any then try some of the major Motorcycle Accessory websites in USA UK or Australia, ive seen then on many sites but you will have to pay postage ( they arnt that heavy )

Or im sure you will find them on E-bay too.
cheers
Matt..

Matty

Group Comfort
Level:
: +2

By: news (offline)  Tuesday, 21 June 2011 @ 04:03 PM ICT  

Last Sunday I was at Klong Toey market in Bangkok, and I saw several shops that sold rubber socks for forks and shocks...

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

4 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 135 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association