22 posts :: Page 1 of 2
By: ONEIL R. (offline)  Wednesday, 13 August 2008 @ 10:15 AM ICT (Read 45060 times)  

how can i make my fu150 to ran faster even im using a stock carburator??? my fu150 now is currently running i a speed of 13.0 sec in 400 meters...... how can i make it much more faster..... im using a racing cams, racing cdi, big piston.....

ONEIL R.

Group Comfort
Level:
: 0

By: Anonymous: Thanin ()  Wednesday, 13 August 2008 @ 02:13 PM ICT  

Yes, the best performance jump you get from smooth fuel intake and exhaust exit, this sounds simple, but if you look sometimes inside the connecting pieces, what connect the carburetor to the cylinder head, you would be amazed. The smoother the surface of the inside of this connecting intake piece the better the fuel-mixture flow.

If you want more power improvement, then you need to get into rebuilding your engine with performance parts as sport camshaft, and unlimited CDI.

The Suzuki FU150, in Thailand better known as the Suzuki Raider 150, is one of the motorcycles with plenty of performance parts available. The limit is basically what your money limit is...

By: Anonymous: mic ()  Wednesday, 12 November 2008 @ 06:12 PM ICT  

Yes, but where can I buy racing parts for this bike?

Do you have websites of shops?

Do you know what's the difference between the engine of the raider 150 and the engine of the suzuki FXR 150? The 1st one make 15 Hp and the second one makes 20 Hp. Which parts make the difference?

By: news (offline)  Thursday, 13 November 2008 @ 07:46 AM ICT  

Dear Mic,

Somebody has its specifications wrong, as it is physical impossible that a unmodified engine of the Suzuki Raider 150R and Suzuki FXR-150 are performing that much different. The two engines are identical.

The only difference between the two engines is that the Suzuki FXR-150 is using a 29mm carburetor compared to the 26mm carburetor used for the Suzuki Raider 150R.

In the days that I had a Suzuki Raider 150R, I modified the engine a lot, and also experimented with larger carburetors, up to 35mm from a old car. Sure I got some better performance, but I wouldn't say that I got 20 horsepower out of it. (Never tested it)

If you want to improve the performance of your Suzuki Raider 150R, go to a car dump look for a suitable 29mm to 35mm carburetor and modify it so it can work with your Raider 150cc. Second modify the air-filter so the Suzuki engine can breath more and buy or create a bigger exhaust system.

You can also buy a carburetor specially designed for the Suzuki Raider 150R, but expect a much higher price.

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: mic ()  Thursday, 13 November 2008 @ 03:26 PM ICT  

Hi, Admin
You mean that Suzuki is publishing wrong specs? For marketing?
The specifications come from Suzuki web sites. You can check.
Do you think there is cheating?
Ok for the special carburetor. Which brand makes a carburetor specially designed for Raider 150 R and where to buy?
Look like you have a lot of experience with Raider 150.
What do you think about racing camshafts? and which ones?
The compression ratio is not so high. I think with a high compression piston, things can be better.
Did you tried?

By: Anonymous: knowledge ()  Thursday, 13 November 2008 @ 05:12 PM ICT  

If people speak about Horse Power you have two different definitions. The first horse power refers to the total power in the wheels of motorcycle while the second Horse Power (also called Brake Horse Power, bhp) refers to power posed by the engine of the motorcycle.

This two get often mixed up and can easily explain the difference in the 5 horses ....

By: Anonymous: Mic ()  Friday, 14 November 2008 @ 02:38 PM ICT  

Good morning KNOWLEDGE

You mean that, in their brochures, Suzuki use a certain definition of horse power, for a certain model, and a different definition of horse power, for a different model......!!!!!!

I don't think so.

A company working this way has very few chances to survive.

Don't you think?

Anyway, nice try.

By: Anonymous: Mic ()  Friday, 14 November 2008 @ 02:44 PM ICT  

I just forgot to tell you.

That's make 33% of extra power

By: Anonymous: Muppied ()  Friday, 14 November 2008 @ 03:25 PM ICT  

Suzuki does not make the Suzuki FXR-150; The Lion Group makes it (Lion Motor Sdn Bhd to be more correct). Lion Motor Sdn Bhd has a license use the Suzuki brand, the situation in Thailand is different Suzuki is share holder in SPsuzuki Co. Ltd, which makes the Suzuki Raider 150R and supplies the engine for the Suzuki FXR-150 to Lion Motor Sdn Bhd.

During the development of the Suzuki FXR-150, the motorcycle became a bit bigger and heavier then the original target weight. Therefore the motorcycle needed a bit more power compared to its 12kilo lighter and smaller underbone twin the Thai build Suzuki Raider 150R.

To motorcycle industry insiders, are most of the Suzuki FXR-150 parts manufactured by Lion Group Chinese motorcycle manufacturing unit. Exporting the Suzuki FXR-150 to another ASEAN country is therefore not possible, as the motorcycle doesn't qualify as an ASEAN build motorcycle. The Thai build Suzuki Raider 150R is currently available in most ASEAN countries.

By: news (offline)  Friday, 14 November 2008 @ 03:59 PM ICT  

I belief that the FXR-150 are a bit weird, the FXR-150 has a rev redline of 13,000rpm, at the most 14,000rpm, much more is mechanical not something what manufacturers do with production bikes.

The weird part is that the Suzuki FXR-150 delivers it best performance near the revving redline, with similar engines as the engine of the Honda CBR-150R or the Yamaha YZR-15 you see a curve in the performance, and peak performance is best around 8,000rpm to 9,000rpm..

If we look at the Dyno chart of a highly modified Suzuki RGV250, this is a two-stroke engine and the rpm's are higher, but it is clear that the peak performance is not at the revving redline.

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: Mic ()  Tuesday, 18 November 2008 @ 06:54 AM ICT  

Did somebody went on the dyno with a STD satria-raider-FXR 150 and, then with a modified one?
What was the results?

By: Anonymous: Mic ()  Friday, 21 November 2008 @ 08:40 PM ICT  

Who has a dyno in thailand?

By: Anonymous: Red_Raider_R ()  Tuesday, 30 December 2008 @ 09:20 PM ICT  

the difference is in the compression ratio of 10.7:1 for the FXR150 vs a lower 10.2:1 for the Raider R150...

By: Anonymous: alx-philippines ()  Wednesday, 28 January 2009 @ 08:28 AM ICT  

do you happen to know a shop where i can buy a Racing Crankshaft for Fu150?

By: avalancer (offline)  Saturday, 28 March 2009 @ 11:55 AM ICT  

can we fit raider 150 exhaust onto FXR?...how about the exhaust outlet at the engine?...is it same diameter with FXR?...

avalancer

Group Comfort
Level:
: 0

22 posts :: Page 1 of 2
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 90 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association