By: Anonymous: Deepbluehole ()  Monday, 16 May 2011 @ 10:56 PM ICT (Read 2703 times)  

I am seriously considering purchasing a Honda PCX. I would clearly like best price, in and around Pattaya area,
coupled with reliable servicing! (perhaps the latter is a tad ambitious) Ideas/Comments welcome.

By: ThaiDesign (offline)  Tuesday, 17 May 2011 @ 11:20 AM ICT  

Quote by: Deepbluehole

I am seriously considering purchasing a Honda PCX. I would clearly like best price, in and around Pattaya area,
coupled with reliable servicing! (perhaps the latter is a tad ambitious) Ideas/Comments welcome.

The Honda PCX 125 is an excellent example of the Honda service power, you not read it often – but the Honda PCX 125 comes in Thailand with a onside server package (first year).

One of our friends tried it once when he was for the weekend to Hua-Hin and he was after 3 hours, most of it was waiting for the service truck to find him, back on two-wheels. All free, in no cost... (except a small tip...).

That is Honda, and they are currently the only one who offers this service for there motorcycles, some like the Honda PCX 125 come freely with this service – for other models you need to pay extra...

Okay the Honda PCX 125 is not cheap, but compared to the closest competitor is very modern, maxi-scooter still and has excellent road-handling – superior fuel-economics and any Thai will say it's a Honda.

For alternatives I can suggest the Suzuki Hayate 125 DGP-FI, which is lighter and less massive, more a regular Thai scooter while still big enough for a large foreigner and a pillion to ride around town. The latest version of the Suzuki Hayate 125 also comes with fuel-injection and due to its lighter weight it's probably can match the fuel-economics of the Honda PCX.

The Yamaha Nouvo Elegance 135, is a scooter often compared with the Honda PCX 125, but the technology behind the plastic fairing is a bit older – Yamaha is still using a carburetor, while Honda is currently using one some motorcycles/scooters the second version of the PGM-FI (Honda fuel-injection system).

ThaiDesign

Group Comfort
Level:
: +30

By: Anonymous: Jeffrey ()  Tuesday, 17 May 2011 @ 02:40 PM ICT  

Most shops in Pattaya are Mytion or something like that. I use their main shop at the intersection of South Pattaya Rd. (Pattaya Tai, and third road.)

Their show room is huge
They speak english good and are use to helping falong.
The service is always spot on. And fair priced for all

I have used them for 6 + years, and will in the future

For my while PCX with brown seat I paid 70,000 out the door, book, papers, cheep helmet, jacket, and 1 year theft insurance. 70,000
I sent 2 friend there to get theirs too. 1 paid 70,000 and the other 69,500Bt.

I hear the red ones and the white with black is 72,000 Bt.

Good luck and have fun
6 months now and I have 16,600 km on mine with many road trips on it trouble free

3 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 135 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association