22 posts :: Page 1 of 2
By: news (offline)  Wednesday, 27 April 2011 @ 02:36 PM ICT (Read 35395 times)  

The first thought that came to mind after riding a couple of laps around on the GPX ZF250 Endu was 'pity this thing didn't came earlier' Despite having had off-road motorcycles for sale since I can remember, this is the first 250cc four-stroke we've tested from GPX and, although it was expected, the GPX ZF250 Edu was worth the wait.

To read more about the GPX ZF250 ENDU go to http://www.dirtbike.in.th

Click on image to open

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Richard (offline)  Wednesday, 27 April 2011 @ 02:55 PM ICT  

Another picture of the GPX ZF250 (black color)

Click on image to open

By the way the ZF250 costs 69.800 THB

Richard

Group Comfort
Level:
: +10

By: news (offline)  Wednesday, 27 April 2011 @ 03:05 PM ICT  

Some more pictures of a GPX ZF250 ENDU

Click on image to openClick on image to openClick on image to openClick on image to open

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: Tak ()  Monday, 02 May 2011 @ 04:40 AM ICT  

Here some videos from the GPX ZF250

[youtubeBig Grin9btjlEUSmM]

By: Anonymous: Tak ()  Monday, 02 May 2011 @ 04:46 AM ICT  

And a update regarding the GPX ZF250

Also a small preview of the XZ250 a pure motocross 250cc

By: Anonymous: meme ()  Monday, 02 May 2011 @ 08:55 AM ICT  

Now let me get this right.this bike is not street legal and unlikely passed emission controls too. Basically an "illegal" to ride Bike....in my views
Aren't there plenty of illegal offroad Bikes around with more power and lower in Price? Maybe not new but you can easily get those imported in parts and ride them just as illegal as this GPX bike
I wouldn't touch this Bike because you pay for something that may have more Power than a KLX 250 but the KLX is at least road legal...and if you are planning some sangklaburi to umphang trip as those 2 guys on gt-rider did ( on a klx) you sure want to have it a legal bike .

This is not a off-roader with great power nor a legal Bike. Bad deal, comes to my mind

By: ThaiDesign (offline)  Monday, 02 May 2011 @ 10:16 AM ICT  

First GPX is famous for motocross motorcycles, and the Thai distributor only sells motocross motorcycles, second the GPX ZF250 comes in two versions the first, and cheapest, ZF250X a 67,000 THB motocross motorcycle, the second is a Enduro motorcycle (69,800 THCool, which has all the required lights, horn and etc.. the Thai distributor doesn't offer registration for the GPX ZF250 Enduro, but we hear that some dealers can do that for you (with the contribution of some extra payments.)

As we understand it right now will the GPX ZF250 Enduro with registration cost around 100,000 THB. Still not a bad price if we compare the build quality and brute power of the GPX ZF250...

I bet that some with a Kawasaki Ninja 250R or Honda CBR250R will look surprised when you take-off from a traffic light and the only thing they can do is look at your behind getting smaller very fast....

ThaiDesign

Group Comfort
Level:
: +30

By: Anonymous: meme ()  Monday, 02 May 2011 @ 11:00 AM ICT  

Quote by: ThaiDesign

First GPX is famous for motocross motorcycles, and the Thai distributor only sells motocross motorcycles, second the GPX ZF250 comes in two versions the first, and cheapest, ZF250X a 67,000 THB motocross motorcycle, the second is a Enduro motorcycle (69,800 THCool, which has all the required lights, horn and etc.. the Thai distributor doesn't offer registration for the GPX ZF250 Enduro, but we hear that some dealers can do that for you (with the contribution of some extra payments.)

As we understand it right now will the GPX ZF250 Enduro with registration cost around 100,000 THB. Still not a bad price if we compare the build quality and brute power of the GPX ZF250...

I bet that some with a Kawasaki Ninja 250R or Honda CBR250R will look surprised when you take-off from a traffic light and the only thing they can do is look at your behind getting smaller very fast....

Sorry , your post is way off...GPX is famous where??? perhaps in China where they come from.
So how do you want to pass emission tests and register the bike for 30000 thb??? Not to mention , it is a 250 carburated Bike. So you would have to involve some illegal routes to make it semi-legal.

68900k for an illegal chines offroad bike or 100k for a semi-legal chinese offroad Bike sound far to much .

And you gotta be nuts comparing offroad Bikes with a CBR 250 or a Ninja 250

Are you guys being paid from making this kind of advertising for them chinese companies? It is very misleading - please bring reports that put things in the right light to the consumer . Just mentioning a cheap GPX but forgetting to mention it is illegal on Thai Roads and then comparing it with a CBR 250/ninja is utter nonsense .

By: news (offline)  Monday, 02 May 2011 @ 11:52 AM ICT  

The use of a carburetor doesn't make it illegal in Thailand, I can think of several motorcycles currently available in Thailand that still use a carburetor, so why would a carburetor not pass the emission tests? The fee for registering a 250cc motorcycle is 600 THB, the emission testing is the most expensive part of registering the bike. But honestly we still try to contact the dealer who says he is able to register the bike.... so more info on that will follow...

GPX famous, sure it's not as famous as the big four Japanese, but run a search on GPX Pitster and you will find a good amount of reviews, even from respectable motocross riders... And as they only make motocross bikes you as road orientated motorcyclist will not see them much.

The GPX is a off-road motorcycle, basically the Enduro version has the same engine as the motocross version, a Kawasaki KLX250 would be much more comfortable riding from A to Z, the KLX250 being more a road machine than being an off-road machine. But it's amazing how many people in Thailand do some motocross riding in the weekend... the GPX ZF250 is very capable off-road bike.

Comparing the GPX ZF250 with a Kawasaki Ninja 250R, on who is first away from a traffic light, is maybe not the perfect way to express the performance of the GPX ZF250... but still a Ninja 250R with just a few horsepower below the 30... has on say the first 400 meters little chance.

And no, we don't get paid for publishing articles on our forum. Personally I'm interested in a GPX ZF250 as I sold my Honda CRF450X and still miss paying in the dirt sometimes, and with 67,000 THB for the motocross version I not have to pay that much... maybe can even buy two

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: meme ()  Monday, 02 May 2011 @ 12:27 PM ICT  

Quote by: news

The use of a carburetor doesn't make it illegal in Thailand, I can think of several motorcycles currently available in Thailand that still use a carburetor, so why would a carburetor not pass the emission tests? The fee for registering a 250cc motorcycle is 600 THB, the emission testing is the most expensive part of registering the bike. But honestly we still try to contact the dealer who says he is able to register the bike.... so more info on that will follow...

GPX famous, sure it's not as famous as the big four Japanese, but run a search on GPX Pitster and you will find a good amount of reviews, even from respectable motocross riders... And as they only make motocross bikes you as road orientated motorcyclist will not see them much.

The GPX is a off-road motorcycle, basically the Enduro version has the same engine as the motocross version, a Kawasaki KLX250 would be much more comfortable riding from A to Z, the KLX250 being more a road machine than being an off-road machine. But it's amazing how many people in Thailand do some motocross riding in the weekend... the GPX ZF250 is very capable off-road bike.

Comparing the GPX ZF250 with a Kawasaki Ninja 250R, on who is first away from a traffic light, is maybe not the perfect way to express the performance of the GPX ZF250... but still a Ninja 250R with just a few horsepower below the 30... has on say the first 400 meters little chance.

And no, we don't get paid for publishing articles on our forum. Personally I'm interested in a GPX ZF250 as I sold my Honda CRF450X and still miss paying in the dirt sometimes, and with 67,000 THB for the motocross version I not have to pay that much... maybe can even buy two

A full 250cc bike carbed Bike will not pass under current emission laws,unless you modify a few things to pass it and than undo them again...which is , again, illegal. Or leave these modification to the likely loss of power output( restricted somewhat).
Nothing illegal about Carburators but using an illegal avenue to make a bike semi-legal is just not right.
Yes, the registration of an legal Bike is 600thb ,but until you are there you will have spent quite a bit more , let it fail once the emission test and have those missing parts to make it legal added....it will likely be closer to 110-120k thb. Thats a high price for a semi-legal bike which carries the "No name" Brand
But if legality isn't an issue i would probably have more fun on a cheaper 2nd hand KDX ( yes 2stroker & great dirt road bikes) can find them for less than 40k here in thailand.
From comparing the CBR250 to the GPX 250 it is now only the GPX 250 with the Ninja 250? What happened ? Maybe the CBR250 is just not all that behind? How about comparing the legal made( & emission restricted) GPX doing the comparing to the cbr250?

Your website promotes chinese Companies much more than anything else. Nothing wrong with promoting some Bikes or Manufacturer. But being biased to only some and giving exaggerated advertising and promotion is simply wrong , some may even call it a farce .
I am sure you get paid (or other favours) for writing Articles biased to some chinese companies . Maybe some should investigate further on this.

By: news (offline)  Monday, 02 May 2011 @ 01:08 PM ICT  

There is a good explanation why our website is giving more attention to Chinese made motorcycles lately, it's the Chinese motorcycles that come available on the Thai market. When Yamaha, Suzuki, Honda, or Kawasaki comes with a new motorcycle on the Thai market we also give them all attention...

Probably soon you will also see on our website that we start talking more and more about Indian and even Malaysian motorcycles. As Bajaj Auto and the Hero Group see expansion in to Southeast Asia as a need to stay ahead of the game... Also the Malaysian Naza Motor is very successful with the GT 250R and GT 650R (which are basically Hysosung motorcycles) and we hear rumors that Naza is looking at the Thai market – they currently already sell a small Naza car in Thailand...

Comparing a GPX ZF250 to any road going motorcycle is probably not correct, a off-road motorcycle has much different gearing which in pure theory would make it faster for the first 400 meters, maybe can keep that benefit with revving the engine hard for 1000meters, but both the Kawasaki Ninja 250R and the Honda CBR250R have a much higher top speed so in the end the two road going motorcycles will win on pure speed.

And yes, the GPX ZF250 needs to be modified (restricted) to pass the emission testing, basically, what I understand is that the carburetor will be changed with a 34mm. After passing the test the 49mm carburetor is being reinstalled. And yes this is illegal, but changing an exhaust pipe, or installing a alternative fueling system like a Dynoyet Power Commander, or modifying a KLX250 or D-Tracker 250 by removing the fuel-injection restriction are also illegal and they happen... Happen a lot by the way, I know 7 people who have a KLX250 or D-Tracker 250 and they all have removed the power restrictions.

The idea about a second hand two-stroke has also crossed my mind, we bought a Yamaha DT-125 which is basically, a very old, 125cc two-stroke enduro bike which actual performance is very will the direct power of the two-stroke engine and the light weight of the motorcycle are the main ingredients for that.

I also looked into buying a Kawasaki KX250F, but they cost about 200,000 THB what is a bit too much for the fun I want to have with the bike.

Click on image to open

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: John Dee ()  Thursday, 05 May 2011 @ 04:41 PM ICT  

A 49mm carburettor for a 250cc, that's totally wicket, or mental, a Kawasaki KLR650 (single-cylinder 650cc) has a 40mm carburettor

By: Anonymous: Guest ()  Monday, 20 June 2011 @ 12:16 PM ICT  

Anyone know the real bhp output on one of these ??

I was looking around for a 2 stroke woodsing bike but the KLX FI is just too gutless for me and finding an older CRM CRF 2 stroke etc thats in decent nick is not so simple. Not into the maintenance schedule of modern MX 4 strokes and a small light 2 stroke would fit.

This might be an option but it has to have some 'go'.. Needs to be able to hike the front under power.

By: news (offline)  Tuesday, 21 June 2011 @ 07:22 AM ICT  

I have no idea what the actual power output is, what I can say is that the GPX ZF250 power is less than a Kawasak KX250F (what is a professional motocross bike), but the power is surely more than a few modified Kawasaki KLX250's I seen on the trail.

A Kawasaki KX250F costs +222,000 THB, compare that to the 67,000 THB the GPX ZF250 costs... I have no problem enjoying my 250 in the Thai dirt...

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Phat Phreddy (offline)  Tuesday, 21 June 2011 @ 07:48 AM ICT  

So your saying this has 'substantially' more power than a KLX ?? I was kind of looking around for a light 2 stroke but this may be an option at this price point. My need is for a light bike that I can trash a bit, not care about too much, hence am not looking at all in the KX / WR450 / new RM or YZ price bracket. More how does it compare to say an older KDX250 etc, one of those old 2 strokes has enough pull for me but the EFI KLX just sorta doesnt.

How are you finding the quality of fixing and fasteners ?? some of the chinese stuff is held together with toffee bolts that strip and round as soon as you work on them, but a little look at the pitster seemed to be a cut above.

Have you noticed any rust / rot / corrosion yet ??
Is there any warranty ??
How is the parts supply ??

Might be interesting.

EDIT :: PS, whats the deal with the twin exhausts on a single ??

Phat Phreddy

Group Comfort
Level:
: 0

22 posts :: Page 1 of 2
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 134 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association