By: Anonymous: Walter ()  Thursday, 31 March 2011 @ 03:10 PM ICT (Read 2968 times)  

I bought a Kawasaki D-Tracker X 250, only a few months old. Except for the nuts and bolts that furred up in the first couple of months, the 250cc Kawasaki D-Tracker X after a few jet washes and only one thorough clean-up – is looking amazingly good. A bit of lubrication, some car polish here and there and the rest of it is gleaming like a new motorcycle.

The mystery surrounding the premature demise of the original tires remain unsolved. The previous owner swears blind that it wasn't hammered before the first service but can offer no explanation as to why the original equipment tires were replaced. Any Kawasaki D-Tracker 250 owners out there with similar issues?

Anyway, the tires at both ends are replaced with a pair of the dual compound Michelin 2CT's which, mysteriously, are showing virtually no sign of wear.

The gearbox has eased to the point where changes are as smooth as I would have expected from new and I'm getting used to riding the D-Tracker 250.

By: news (offline)  Saturday, 02 April 2011 @ 08:37 AM ICT  

Quote by: Walter

I bought a Kawasaki D-Tracker X 250, only a few months old. Except for the nuts and bolts that furred up in the first couple of months, the 250cc Kawasaki D-Tracker X after a few jet washes and only one thorough clean-up – is looking amazingly good. A bit of lubrication, some car polish here and there and the rest of it is gleaming like a new motorcycle.

The mystery surrounding the premature demise of the original tires remain unsolved. The previous owner swears blind that it wasn't hammered before the first service but can offer no explanation as to why the original equipment tires were replaced. Any Kawasaki D-Tracker 250 owners out there with similar issues?

Anyway, the tires at both ends are replaced with a pair of the dual compound Michelin 2CT's which, mysteriously, are showing virtually no sign of wear.

The gearbox has eased to the point where changes are as smooth as I would have expected from new and I'm getting used to riding the D-Tracker 250.

Hi Walter,

The mystery of the premature tire change by the previous owner is something what more Kawasaki D-Tracker 250 owners do. Most D-Tracker owners don't like the standard IRC tires and change them before it's needed. No mystery....

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

2 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 135 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association