By: Anonymous: skybluestu ()  Wednesday, 02 July 2008 @ 01:47 PM ICT (Read 3482 times)  

Hi,

I'm hoping to buy a Honda CBF250 or a Kawasaki D-Tracker, anyone have any idea if either are currently available in Thailand and, if so, where to buy one from please?
I live in Chiang Rai which I'm thinking could be a problem!

Thanks in advance for any help

Stuart

By: news (offline)  Thursday, 03 July 2008 @ 09:04 PM ICT  

Really difficult question, which bike is the better choice. The Honda CBF250 is a real work horse, something I will compare to a Honda Wave, it doesn't how to stop working. The Kawasaki D-Tracker 250 is a bit modern machine, which you will probably notice in fuel consumption and real power on the rear wheel.

But if rumors are correct, it means that the Kawasaki will cost around 150,000 Bath, if you compare that to what you would pay to import a Honda CBF/CBX250 from Malaysia or Singapore I would need to thing a few times before I made my selection.

Also consider the underdog, Tiger motorcycles is going to introduce the Tiger Boxer 250RS, which is a beefed-up Tiger Boxer 200ST and as I saw the bike I need to say that Tiger have listened to its customers. Not only the engine is considerable improved, the suspension had had a overhaul and I even belief that the 250RS is now coming with front and rear disc brakes.

Still if I look at the possibilities, as I see them currently, Honda CBF250 would be my first choice, with about 90,000 Baht cost to get it into Thailand (legal), the Tiger Boxer 250RS would probably be a good second option with a cost of about 65,000 to 70,000 Baht. I currently see little market space for the Kawasaki D-Tracker 250 if it is target at 150,000 Baht. I belief that 110,000 to 120,000 Baht for the Kawasaki D-tracker 250 would be a more realistic price.....

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

2 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 135 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association