By: Anonymous: John ()  Friday, 18 February 2011 @ 10:09 AM ICT (Read 2964 times)  

A few days ago I looked at prices for the Honda CBR 250 on this website. At that time there was just one price for the CBR 250. Now the Honda price page shows 100,500 baht for the regular model and 115,500 baht for the one with ABS. Both prices are way way off the mark. At the motorcycle show at Central World senior Honda reps were stating prices of 115,000 / 130,000 as the list price. Now dealers are sticking to firm prices of 130,000 / 160,000. Old postings in the Honda forum also lead with a post showing those very low prices that drew my attention. The real price is almost 25% higher now for both models. The list price is meaningless if no one sells at that price. This website should list the real dealer prices! People won't walk away from showrooms angry if this website gets it right. Also the specs online show that the Honda has a seat height of 30.7 inches while the Kawasaki is listed as being 33+ inches from the ground to my family jewels. But when I got on the Honda CBR my feet were not flat on the ground, but they were on the Kawasaki. That needs a review too.

By: Maintenance (offline)  Friday, 18 February 2011 @ 10:43 AM ICT  

Dear John,

Our price lists are based on suggested retail price, with suggested retail prices dealers can sell the products for any price the customer is willing to pay.

Currently both Honda CBR250R models are sold higher than the suggested retail prices by some dealers. Honda is experiencing a shortage, as they have problems keeping up with market demand for the Honda CBR250R and PCX models.

Try another Honda dealer... Honda Sumet Cycle

Sells the Honda CBR250R's as followed;

Honda CBR250R ABS – 130,000 THB
Honda CBR250R – 120,000 THB

Maintenance

Group Comfort
Level:
: +3

By: ThaiDesign (offline)  Friday, 18 February 2011 @ 10:51 AM ICT  

According to several Kawasaki sources the seat height of the Kawasaki Ninja 250R is 790mm. The seat height of the Honda CBR250R is according to APHonda 780mm.

ThaiDesign

Group Comfort
Level:
: +30

By: news (offline)  Friday, 18 February 2011 @ 11:00 AM ICT  

Quote by: ThaiDesign

According to several Kawasaki sources the seat height of the Kawasaki Ninja 250R is 790mm. The seat height of the Honda CBR250R is according to APHonda 780mm.

The seat height of two motorcycles, from two different manufacturers can be the same while still one feels much lower when you on the motorcycle. It's very unlikely that both motorcycle manufacturers us the same rear shock, and suspension setup – preload or other settings.

What means that a person who weighs 90 kilogram can touch the ground on a motorcycle with 790mm seat height, but has difficulty getting his feet flat on a motorcycle with a seat height of 780mm.

For the Honda CBR250R and the Kawasaki Ninja 250R, the rear suspension is fully adjustable. So you can adjust it to your personal preferences (as they say not two people are the same)...

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: Nguyen ()  Friday, 18 February 2011 @ 11:05 AM ICT  

Honda dealer Jrmotor in Thailand still list the CBR250R w/o ABS as 100,000 baht

5 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 132 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association