By: Anonymous: raythevet ()  Thursday, 13 January 2011 @ 05:12 AM ICT (Read 8553 times)  

HI!!

'am ray from the Phillippines,i want to ask if Honda Sonic 125 is practically the same with the CBR125 engine...all parts?'

' am new to drag racing and 'am just using honda xrm 110,thus 'am interested to develop Honda Sonic 125 both 2 & 4 stroke..i will prepare junk engine...it is cheap if there any...

I would be very happy to hear your advice... thanks

Ray

By: Richard (offline)  Thursday, 13 January 2011 @ 05:29 AM ICT  

The Honda CBR125R and the Honda Nova Sonic 125 share the same engine, with the exception that the CBR125R is equipped with a PGM-FI fuel-injection. So not all parts are the same...

Honda has two models in the Honda Nova series, the first is the older 2-stroke Nova Dash 125 and second is the 4-stroke Nova Sonic 125. Currently both models are not new available anymore. The 2-stroke Nova Dash is already a few years of-the-market and Honda stopped selling the Nova Sonic 125 March 2010.

For drag racing the older 2-stroke engines still very popular in motorcycle racing, they light and offer great performance. In Thailand the 2-stroke Honda Nova Dash 125 engine is used by many.

The downside is that a popular engine is often not sold cheap... Some people are lucky and find a old Honda Nova Dash 125

Richard

Group Comfort
Level:
: +10

By: Anonymous: Chanin ()  Thursday, 13 January 2011 @ 08:26 AM ICT  

Quote by: Richard

The Honda CBR125R and the Honda Nova Sonic 125 share the same engine, with the exception that the CBR125R is equipped with a PGM-FI fuel-injection. So not all parts are the same...

Honda has two models in the Honda Nova series, the first is the older 2-stroke Nova Dash 125 and second is the 4-stroke Nova Sonic 125. Currently both models are not new available anymore. The 2-stroke Nova Dash is already a few years of-the-market and Honda stopped selling the Nova Sonic 125 March 2010.

For drag racing the older 2-stroke engines still very popular in motorcycle racing, they light and offer great performance. In Thailand the 2-stroke Honda Nova Dash 125 engine is used by many.

The downside is that a popular engine is often not sold cheap... Some people are lucky and find a old Honda Nova Dash 125

The Honda CBR125R is never been sold in Thailand, in Thailand we have the CBR150R

By: raythevet (offline)  Friday, 14 January 2011 @ 04:39 PM ICT  

Quote by: Chanin

Quote by: Richard

The Honda CBR125R is never been sold in Thailand, in Thailand we have the CBR150R

Thank you Richard,very kind of you.

so my hope of finding cheap nova dash engine is block by dark clouds Smile,but maybe someday there will be a junk nova dash for me...i hope you will help me on this...any advice from you my friend?

raythevet

Group Comfort
Level:
: 0

By: Richard (offline)  Friday, 14 January 2011 @ 05:01 PM ICT  

Hi Raythevet,

I can say that if a Honda Nova Dash engine ever crosses my path I will contact you to ask if you still interested...

With kind regards,

Richard

Richard

Group Comfort
Level:
: +10

5 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 132 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association