By: Anonymous: Jeffrey ()  Thursday, 23 December 2010 @ 05:30 PM ICT (Read 6235 times)  

Looked all over for some parts for my 2010 250 Ninja. Everyone says try Kawasaki yet they only do stock
I have tried Chiang Mai, Bangkok, and Pattaya And does anyone have gel pads inserts or pads ? I have been know to do 1000+km a day

By: Richard (offline)  Thursday, 23 December 2010 @ 06:08 PM ICT  

Quote by: Jeffrey

Looked all over for some parts for my 2010 250 Ninja. Everyone says try Kawasaki yet they only do stock I have tried Chiang Mai, Bangkok, and Pattaya And does anyone have gel pads inserts or pads ? I have been know to do 1000+km a day

Most of the people I know are changing the rear sprocket on the Kawasaki Ninja 250R, you can find rear sprockets easy online and cost not much to send to Thailand.

Kawasaki Ninja 250R sprockets

Richard

Group Comfort
Level:
: +10

By: Anonymous: Jeffrey ()  Friday, 24 December 2010 @ 01:04 PM ICT  

Depends on your riding. Adding a tooth to the front sprocket is equal to removing 3 teeth on the back. This lowers the RPMs and gives a higher top speed and lower RPMs at cruising speed. Stock the bike turns over 7000 rpm at 100 kph. With the riding I do, long distance. I want lower RPM to save the engine and fuel. I did find several rear sprockets at 1 shop with more teeth, this raises the RPMs, lowers top speed, and increases fuel consumption. Mostly used by racers and those who do stunts and wheelies. My goal is 6000 rpm at 100 kph

By: Richard (offline)  Friday, 24 December 2010 @ 01:39 PM ICT  

Depends on your riding. Adding a tooth to the front sprocket is equal to removing 3 teeth on the back. This lowers the RPMs and gives a higher top speed and lower RPMs at cruising speed. Stock the bike turns over 7000 rpm at 100 kph. With the riding I do, long distance. I want lower RPM to save the engine and fuel. I did find several rear sprockets at 1 shop with more teeth, this raises the RPMs, lowers top speed, and increases fuel consumption. Mostly used by racers and those who do stunts and wheelies. My goal is 6000 rpm at 100 kph

If you follow the link in my previous post you see that they also have a 15 teeth front sprocket for the Kawasaki Ninja 250R, it costs US$ 14.51 (+/- 435 Baht). The shipping and import duty is something you should figure out, but to my experience it's acceptable...

Richard

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Matty (offline)  Friday, 24 December 2010 @ 03:27 PM ICT  

The Ninja 250cc is a global product, sold in most countrys around the world, You should be able to find many online Motorcycle stores that stock and ship a range of sprockets to suit your needs.
Surf the net, shop around for price and postage costs, order and enjoy.
Matt..

Matty

Group Comfort
Level:
: +2

By: Anonymous: Simon ()  Friday, 24 December 2010 @ 03:48 PM ICT  

Looked all over for some parts for my 2010 250 Ninja. Everyone says try Kawasaki yet they only do stock
I have tried Chiang Mai, Bangkok, and Pattaya And does anyone have gel pads inserts or pads ? I have been know to do 1000+km a day

I also have the idea that Kawasaki not changed the front sprocket for the last 3-years, so I would not only search for 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R front sprockets.Peace

By: Anonymous: Jeffrey ()  Saturday, 25 December 2010 @ 11:24 AM ICT  

I do have the specks of every sprocket made for ever bike over the last 30+ years so have checked for any of the 30 or so that will fit. But this brings me back to where I started. Dennis kurk and parts unlimited as well as others do not take Thai credit cards nor will ship to Thailand. Running around in circles again. I may need a flight somewhere to get what I want. Anyone else need anything ?

By: Richard (offline)  Saturday, 25 December 2010 @ 05:06 PM ICT  

I do have the specks of every sprocket made for ever bike over the last 30+ years so have checked for any of the 30 or so that will fit. But this brings me back to where I started. Dennis kurk and parts unlimited as well as others do not take Thai credit cards nor will ship to Thailand. Running around in circles again. I may need a flight somewhere to get what I want. Anyone else need anything ?

BikeBandit, and Cheap Cycle Parts take Thai credit cards, they even accept PayPal (believe) BikeBandit Specials Up to 67% Off and Cheap Cycle Parts

Richard

Group Comfort
Level:

By: monoguy (offline)  Saturday, 25 December 2010 @ 10:48 PM ICT  

Hi, do u need the stuff urgently? i am getting some part for my bike also but cause i have friend helping me to Hand carry the parts to thailand. so i save alot on the parts( as long as the thing is still not TOO big).. Razz

Jeffrey

monoguy

Group Comfort
Level:
: +1

9 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 134 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association