By: Anonymous: Gro ()  Sunday, 28 November 2010 @ 03:00 PM ICT (Read 5041 times)  

I am in the thought process of buying a new motorcycle to drive to my work place and around town. I need to travel about 50km a day on the motorbike. I have found two scooters which have caught my eyes the Honda PCX 125i and the Suzuki Hayate 125. I have looked at both reviews and they seem the both be highly rated but the km/l seems better for the Honda. Is the extra 30,000THB worth it for the Honda? Any help and advice would be great!

By: Anonymous: Jeffrey ()  Monday, 29 November 2010 @ 08:44 AM ICT  

Thumbup First I will start that I have a PCX a little over 2 months now with just under 10,000km, now on it. I have ridden it all over Thailand just fine. 4 of my friends who had other brands sold and traded after driving mine. Do yourself a few favors. Rent one for a day or two then the other. You failed to say how big you are or where your ride take you on what kind of roads. The PCX has a big tank. Long range for a scooter. Huge under seat storage. and more dealers than Suzuki. The larger size makes it more stable on the highway. Of the 9 or so bike I have, I ride this the most. Yet if your a very small person like my GF, this bike is not for you. As well if you ride in very tight crowded areas 100% of the time

By: news (offline)  Monday, 29 November 2010 @ 10:19 AM ICT  

Quote by: Gro

I am in the thought process of buying a new motorcycle to drive to my work place and around town. I need to travel about 50km a day on the motorbike. I have found two scooters which have caught my eyes the Honda PCX 125i and the Suzuki Hayate 125. I have looked at both reviews and they seem the both be highly rated but the km/l seems better for the Honda. Is the extra 30,000THB worth it for the Honda? Any help and advice would be great!

It's always very difficult to say what is the best motorcycle or scooter. Both the Honda PCX 125i and the Suzuki Hayate 125 DCP-FI are top machines, build to the best standard you can think of.

Both the 125cc engine of Honda PCX 125 and the Suzuki Hayate 125 FI are equipped with a very modern fuel-injection. Both score very good with fuel economics and the cost very other consumables are mildly priced.

I think you will be happy with both the Honda PCX 125 and the Suzuki Hayate 125 FI, but if I needed to select one I will probably go for the Suzuki Hayate.

The reason is that the price is much lower, and as Jeffrey says the Honda PCX 125i is not the best to navigate in tight traffic. The Suzuki is much better with that. On the other hand, if you ride daily on a stretch which is not overcrowded with cars... the Honda PCX 125i is the better scooter to ride for cruising...

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: Gro ()  Monday, 29 November 2010 @ 09:52 PM ICT  

Thank you both for your input. I have looked more into it and decided I will go with the Honda PCX. I have to ride on a major bypass to get to work. So being both a big guy and riding long stretches I will be riding my way on a PCX. No biggest choice is colour haha Wink Now lets see how it goes and see if the J Costa Variator will be needed next.

Thanks for the replies your input put things together.

Cheers!

4 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 135 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association