By: Anonymous: Anonymous ()  Thursday, 04 November 2010 @ 01:19 PM ICT (Read 8996 times)  

Does the J Costa Variator for the Honda PCX really work? And when can I buy it and where?

This posting was original posted as a comment for article The Honda PCX 125i, Could use a bit more Get-Up-and-Go?

By: Flying Squirrel (offline)  Thursday, 04 November 2010 @ 05:05 PM ICT  

It is about 3 weeks away from release by JCosta and then a week or so to get here.

I can't give you any exact numbers for 0-80 or 0-100 yet. As has been said if you are a drag racer, I am sure there are ways to go faster but for a road bike where the overall performance like roll-off/roll-on acceleration is also important as well as hill climbing. If you surf for Jcosta you will see that most users are very enthusiastic about the product in general.

If you live in or near Bangkok email < jcosta4pcxthailand@gmail >com for more info.

Flying Squirrel

Group Comfort
Level:
: +6

By: Anonymous: Interested ()  Thursday, 04 November 2010 @ 06:48 PM ICT  

Quote by: Flying Squirrel

It is about 3 weeks away from release by JCosta and then a week or so to get here.

I can't give you any exact numbers for 0-80 or 0-100 yet. As has been said if you are a drag racer, I am sure there are ways to go faster but for a road bike where the overall performance like roll-off/roll-on acceleration is also important as well as hill climbing. If you surf for Jcosta you will see that most users are very enthusiastic about the product in general.

If you live in or near Bangkok email < jcosta4pcxthailand@gmail >com for more info.

Can I use the J Costa Variator in combination with other performance parts, like the fuel-injection modification box from API Tech.

By: Flying Squirrel (offline)  Thursday, 04 November 2010 @ 08:49 PM ICT  

I don't see any reason why not. Any variator is only influenced by engine rpm so what the engine is doing at any given rpm should not effect the variator.

Flying Squirrel

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Flying Squirrel (offline)  Tuesday, 14 December 2010 @ 06:19 PM ICT  

After a slightly delayed release and the vagrancies of the Spanish Post office the first ten arrived today. I will keep you updated

Flying Squirrel

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Richard (offline)  Tuesday, 14 December 2010 @ 06:30 PM ICT  

Quote by: Flying Squirrel

After a slightly delayed release and the vagrancies of the Spanish Post office the first ten arrived today. I will keep you updated

What will they cost?

Richard

Group Comfort
Level:
: +10

By: Flying Squirrel (offline)  Tuesday, 18 January 2011 @ 10:55 AM ICT  

Quote by: Anonymous

Does the J Costa Variator for the Honda PCX really work? And when can I buy it and where?

The verdict is in.

…..My belt only has about 1600k on it so we stayed with it. Wow...what an initial improvement in acceleration. Acceleration from 30k to 70k was my primary motivation, so I am a happy camper so far. Also, smoothness comes to mind. It is a completely different bike. Spools up smoothly and very quickly. Install was a snap...30 minutes at the Honda dealer and 200Baht. Unit is a little expensive, but my and my girlfriend's life are much safer now that we can pass on rural two-lane roads without wondering if we are going to make it in time. ……

........……The PCX is a great commuter that needed more get up and go when passing in particular. I was on the verge of selling it and getting something bigger but was not finding anything suitable. This was my last hope...think it is going to work out. Probably be riding it for a long time to come……

Edit:

So if you live in Chiang Mai and a PCX beats you away from the lights you will know who it is. <jcost4pcxthailand@gmail.com>

.....Took the PCX to my local Mityon in Pattaya and caused quite a stir - every mechanic in the place gathered round as the main man fitted the new parts - they'd heard about the J Costa variator conversion, but not actually seen one in the flesh............

30 mins later it was done and mechanic took it round the block and came back with a big grin on his face, both thumbs in the air and said "very good"...............

i've done 100km now and it feels like its bedding in nicely - power delivery is much much smoother, and you certainly can feel a greater sense of urgency - mid range power is up as is top speed.......................

Flying Squirrel

Group Comfort
Level:

7 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 132 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association