23 posts :: Page 1 of 2
By: taichiplanet (offline)  Wednesday, 27 October 2010 @ 06:27 PM ICT (Read 44579 times)  

Here it is!

The New 2011 Honda CBR250R, Honda Latest Sports Model

A single cylinder unfortunately. It does have ABS.

Suspect that shares many components with the 150.

Click on image to open

Although there are many different cultures, races and religions in the world, there are only 3 types of people; those that squeeze every last drop out of a toothpaste tube, those that don’t and those that think they do.

taichiplanet

Group Comfort
Level:
: +4

By: taichiplanet (offline)  Wednesday, 27 October 2010 @ 06:32 PM ICT  

Red, silver or black

Click on image to openClick on image to openClick on image to open

Although there are many different cultures, races and religions in the world, there are only 3 types of people; those that squeeze every last drop out of a toothpaste tube, those that don’t and those that think they do.

taichiplanet

Group Comfort
Level:

By: taichiplanet (offline)  Wednesday, 27 October 2010 @ 06:37 PM ICT  

Black Honda CBR250R

Click on image to openClick on image to open

taichiplanet

Group Comfort
Level:

By: taichiplanet (offline)  Wednesday, 27 October 2010 @ 06:55 PM ICT  

Part of the press release has a photo that is the same bike and riders that was posted here a couple of weeks ago.

Disappointing it is only a single, if they put the VTR twin in it would have been almost perfect! Bloody useless APe Honda

Wheelbase 1,370mm

Tyres Front 110/70-17 and Rear 140/70-17

Weight is 161 kgs standard and 165 kgs with ABS

Click on image to open

taichiplanet

Group Comfort
Level:

By: taichiplanet (offline)  Thursday, 28 October 2010 @ 08:30 AM ICT  

JR Motor website has just now posted prices; they may not be correct but they were the first to publish a correct price for the CBR150i.

CBR250R Standard THB 100,xxx
CBR250R with ABS THB 115,xxx (this from the home page while another page says THB 1xx,xxx)

Does seem that THB15,000 extra for the C-ABS is a bit much.

Anyone have power figures yet?

taichiplanet

Group Comfort
Level:

By: news (offline)  Thursday, 28 October 2010 @ 09:14 AM ICT  

Quote by: taichiplanet

JR Motor website has just now posted prices; they may not be correct but they were the first to publish a correct price for the CBR150i.

CBR250R Standard THB 100,xxx
CBR250R with ABS THB 115,xxx (this from the home page while another page says THB 1xx,xxx)

Does seem that THB15,000 extra for the C-ABS is a bit much.

Anyone have power figures yet?

First, the new Honda C-ABS has the fastest response time of all ABS systems commercial available on the market, and that includes ABS systems from BMW, Ducati etc.. Second, the combination of just enough rear wheel braking added to the front wheel braking makes a light motorcycle so much safer to ride (and to stop). With a regular ABS on a light motorcycle you still have to loose a lot of energy in a short amount of time and with the the rear wheel can make the whole bike unstable. With the added, just enough rear braking, a motorcycle stays much more stable with the additional plus that stopping improved seriously.

Honda did not went cheap on materials to build the new electronic C-ABS, fast processor, high-speed sensors...etc. Stuff that costs much more than a average processor. Look at a computer shop two the same computers, only difference the processor, but the price difference can as high as 10,000 Baht.

To really value the new electronic C-ABS you should need to test ride it, I did and I will even buy it if it was more expensive. Especially in Thailand, where you have a lot of unexperienced riders.

The new electronic C-ABS from Honda will change the way we ride our motorcycles, we all learnt NEVER brake in a corner especially when you hang into it. Now with the new electronic C-ABS from Honda that rule is just something from the past...

Performance, the new Honda CBR250R, is a high-revving single-cylinder 250cc, producing a claimed 26 horsepower in the rear wheel. What is about the same amount what the Kawasaki Ninja 250R has on tap. The Kawasaki Ninja 250R engine is not the newest design, and the Honda CBR250R maybe not impressive on paper with its single-cylinder, the whole engine is designed and developed 10 year after the Kawasaki Ninja 250R engine dropped of the designers board. Meaning the combustion chamber is specially shaped, the whole combustion process is designed to take full advantage of the PGM-FI (fuel-injection) and not like the Kawasaki Ninja 250R where not so long ago the old engine was modified to work with fuel-injection.

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: Jeffrey ()  Thursday, 28 October 2010 @ 09:38 AM ICT  

What is JR Motors ?

By: taichiplanet (offline)  Thursday, 28 October 2010 @ 09:39 AM ICT  

You are right, i would buy the bike just for the C-ABS. I have had 2 accidents that would have been avoidable if i had ABS. Well, maybe not when the dog hit me and i broke my collarbone! Laughing Out Loud I am a novice rider and the added safety of the C-ABS has great appeal.

26 Hp would be nice. Will HRC bring out go fast bits?

How was the vibration on your test ride? This is the big issue with single cylinder 'thumper' engines. I see in the press release that the bike is fitted with a new designed dampener, but it will still be an issue for a lot of people to call a single engine bike a sports bike.

Can you confirm prices?

Do you know why Honda went to the trouble of producing a new single when they could have used the VTR250 twin? It is due to the fact that they may use the engine in other bikes like the PCX?

taichiplanet

Group Comfort
Level:

By: taichiplanet (offline)  Thursday, 28 October 2010 @ 09:47 AM ICT  

Quote by: Jeffrey

What is JR Motors ?

it is a thai company that sells Honda bikes; try google.

taichiplanet

Group Comfort
Level:

By: news (offline)  Thursday, 28 October 2010 @ 01:57 PM ICT  

You are right, i would buy the bike just for the C-ABS. I have had 2 accidents that would have been avoidable if i had ABS. Well, maybe not when the dog hit me and i broke my collarbone! Laughing Out Loud I am a novice rider and the added safety of the C-ABS has great appeal.

26 Hp would be nice. Will HRC bring out go fast bits?

How was the vibration on your test ride? This is the big issue with single cylinder 'thumper' engines. I see in the press release that the bike is fitted with a new designed dampener, but it will still be an issue for a lot of people to call a single engine bike a sports bike.

Can you confirm prices?

Do you know why Honda went to the trouble of producing a new single when they could have used the VTR250 twin? It is due to the fact that they may use the engine in other bikes like the PCX?

The new single-cylinder Honda 250cc engine is so well balanced that an “experienced” motorcycle mechanic would not be 100 percent sure if it was a twin- or a single-cylinder engine after test riding it.

Again, the new Honda engine is build with all the latest technology available, with the help of computers it's possible balance a single cylinder engine perfectly. In modern engines, like the new Honda 250cc engine, the vibration you can feel is artificially (and knowingly) added to the engine.

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Richard (offline)  Thursday, 28 October 2010 @ 07:00 PM ICT  

Here the Official introduction video of the new 2011 Honda CBR250R. As we know from previous post, was shot in the south of Thailand.

Richard

Group Comfort
Level:
: +10

By: taichiplanet (offline)  Thursday, 28 October 2010 @ 07:23 PM ICT  

Quote by: news

The new single-cylinder Honda 250cc engine is so well balanced that an “experienced” motorcycle mechanic would not be 100 percent sure if it was a twin- or a single-cylinder engine after test riding it.

Again, the new Honda engine is build with all the latest technology available, with the help of computers it's possible balance a single cylinder engine perfectly. In modern engines, like the new Honda 250cc engine, the vibration you can feel is artificially (and knowingly) added to the engine.

Thanks for the info Richard. That seals it; i'll have a silver one please! Honda CBR

taichiplanet

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Richard (offline)  Thursday, 28 October 2010 @ 07:34 PM ICT  

Quote by: news

Thanks for the info Richard. That seals it; i'll have a silver one please! Honda CBR

I hear we get a few special items if we the first few hundred who buy the CBR250R, so when do we setup camp at the Samut Prakan factory to make sure we the first to get them... Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinLaughing Out LoudLaughing Out LoudLaughing Out Loud

Richard

Group Comfort
Level:
: +10

By: Chris (offline)  Thursday, 28 October 2010 @ 08:24 PM ICT  

Yes the silver one is pretty nice...when can we order? And its a bargain with ABS.

Chris

Group Comfort
Level:
: 0

By: Anonymous: LoveHonda ()  Thursday, 28 October 2010 @ 09:01 PM ICT  

Quote by: Chris

Yes the silver one is pretty nice...when can we order? And its a bargain with ABS.

No it's not just ABS, it's electronic C-ABS something you should not compare to another – or you can see the regular ABS as the first generation Combi-ABS as the second generation and electronic Combi-ABS as the G3 (generation 3) of the ABS world.

23 posts :: Page 1 of 2