12 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Anonymous: Johan ()  Thursday, 21 October 2010 @ 01:20 PM ICT (Read 12562 times)  

The Honda CBR-150Ri surely looks amazing. I hope only that it will stay in the same price range. I am also wondering what other manufacturers in the same price class will do, I am thinking of the Tiger Boxer 250 RS. Most people now compare the new Honda CBR150Ri with the Kawasaki Ninja 250R but I was more thinking of buying a Tiger. Now I need to rethink my decision of buying a Tiger Boxer 250 RS all over again.

By: Richard (offline)  Thursday, 21 October 2010 @ 01:48 PM ICT  

First, the Honda CBR150R and the Tiger Boxer 250 RS are two completely different style of motorcycles. The CBR150R is clearly build for high RPM's, it's a true sportsbike, while the Tiger Boxer 250 RS is more an all-round motorcycle.

But, both motorcycles are about the same price, both deliver very similar performance and I need to agree that for looks the new Honda CBR150R with its very modern design and state-of-the-art fuel-injection system hold the better cards.

But the year is not past, and 2010 is the year of the Tiger so maybe we will see some more surprises this year.Peace

Richard

Group Comfort
Level:
: +10

By: taichiplanet (offline)  Thursday, 21 October 2010 @ 08:37 PM ICT  

The specs for the FI CBR150 that i have seen show it is 21 kgs heavier than the old carbie version, which means it will need a 15% increase in power to compensate. It seems bigger overall; wheelbase, seat height etc. Running tyre 100/80-17 front and 130/70-17 rear, which seems large for a 150. Anyone have a clue about the HP?

Looking forward to seeing if Tiger releases the Sachs X-Road 250.

Although there are many different cultures, races and religions in the world, there are only 3 types of people; those that squeeze every last drop out of a toothpaste tube, those that don’t and those that think they do.

taichiplanet

Group Comfort
Level:
: +4

By: Richard (offline)  Thursday, 21 October 2010 @ 10:07 PM ICT  

Tiger needs to hurry a bit with the Sachs X-Road 250, otherwise it's outdated before it's ever introduced. Anyway I'm sure that a lot of people will be happy to have a bit more selection in the 250cc motard style.

Richard

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: Jeffrey ()  Friday, 22 October 2010 @ 11:54 AM ICT  

A few things . . .

I had a New Tiger CX given to me by the factory a few years back.
Had lots of trouble with dependability, getting service, and parts.
2 times had break downs that could have been trajic in lessor hands.

Many of the Tiger shops around have close

Just be careful

As for HP on the new CBR150 I hear 18 - 18.9 (depending on sorce)
This puts it the same as the last one.
I like my CBR (one of several bikes I have) and am excited about the new one
I wished for more power. Hope the price stays the same.

Best tank on my CBR was 126 MPG my friend gets 127 MPG
Never had a tank under 100 MPG
And I drive too fast

By: Richard (offline)  Friday, 22 October 2010 @ 12:05 PM ICT  

Quote by: Jeffrey

A few things . . .

I had a New Tiger CX given to me by the factory a few years back.
Had lots of trouble with dependability, getting service, and parts.
2 times had break downs that could have been trajic in lessor hands.

Many of the Tiger shops around have close

Just be careful

As for HP on the new CBR150 I hear 18 - 18.9 (depending on sorce)
This puts it the same as the last one.
I like my CBR (one of several bikes I have) and am excited about the new one
I wished for more power. Hope the price stays the same.

Best tank on my CBR was 126 MPG my friend gets 127 MPG
Never had a tank under 100 MPG
And I drive too fast

The official price for the Honda CBR150R with fuel-injection is around 76,000 Bht, what is about 10,000 Bht more than the previous CBR150.

Still, if you stand near the motorcycle, you seriously feel that the new Honda CBR150R is worth the extra 10k – it looks stunning, it's like you're looking at a new CBR600RR (okay when you wheel in a CBR600RR the CBR150R is a bit smaller).

Richard

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: Samuel ()  Saturday, 23 October 2010 @ 06:50 AM ICT  

Now that the Honda CBR150R is back on the market, will Suzuki bring the Raider R 150 also back?

By: Anonymous: Jeffrey ()  Sunday, 24 October 2010 @ 09:19 AM ICT  

Yes Honda today released the price at 75,900 Bt. And I think is priced fair for what you get.
They also said the price or the new 250cc bike will be at 100,000 Bt.

By: Anonymous: Asif ()  Sunday, 24 October 2010 @ 11:18 AM ICT  

Hello from India,

I'm wondering how the Yamaha YZF-R15 is holding up to the new Honda CBR150R, the previous CBR150R with carburetor was as fast and powerful as the Yamaha YZF-R15. So now that Honda has improved the Honda CBR150R with fuel-injection and reduced friction and used forged pistons for the new CBR150R I would love to see how the performance of Yamaha vs Honda will look now.

By: taichiplanet (offline)  Sunday, 24 October 2010 @ 03:46 PM ICT  

Quote by: Asif

Hello from India,

I'm wondering how the Yamaha YZF-R15 is holding up to the new Honda CBR150R, the previous CBR150R with carburetor was as fast and powerful as the Yamaha YZF-R15. So now that Honda has improved the Honda CBR150R with fuel-injection and reduced friction and used forged pistons for the new CBR150R I would love to see how the performance of Yamaha vs Honda will look now.

What do you mean by 'reduced friction'?

The carbie version i am guessing also ran a forged piston, as it was 11.0:1 compression.

At present i'd like a comparison between the old and new CBR150s. The new CBR150 seems to be about 23 kgs heavier and also have bigger tyres (therefore more road friction) but has the same bore, stroke and compression engine. The PGM-FI may not add any HP at all.

Although there are many different cultures, races and religions in the world, there are only 3 types of people; those that squeeze every last drop out of a toothpaste tube, those that don’t and those that think they do.

taichiplanet

Group Comfort
Level:
: +4

By: Anonymous: Sam ()  Tuesday, 26 October 2010 @ 02:47 PM ICT  

Will the Honda CBR150R FI be available in India?

By: Anonymous: Bell2 ()  Friday, 29 October 2010 @ 08:48 AM ICT  

The new Honda CBR150R FI costs 76,000 Bht and the Honda CBR250R will only cost 39,000 Bht more (that is with C-ABS), it's hard to select the Honda CBR150R.

The new Honda CBR250R is a state-of-the-art modern engine which in performance is much more potent then what the CBR150R can produce at anytime, also the C-ABS brake option is for me an important safety feature. Road in Thailand are not the safest already, on locations where city buses frequently wait for the traffic-lights you can find polls of oil on the road (was the source of my first me-the-tarmac event), sand on the road, emergency stops (from all countries in the world I ever visited, Thailand is high on the need for emergency stops).

12 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 134 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association