By: Anonymous: Samual ()  Wednesday, 13 October 2010 @ 05:36 AM ICT (Read 2006 times)  

Every time I turn my motorcycle on I get a F1 light and a genie bottle one too. But then they go away. Do I need to bring it in for a service? I have the motorcycle now 5 days.

By: news (offline)  Wednesday, 13 October 2010 @ 06:42 AM ICT  

Quote by: Samual

Every time I turn my motorcycle on I get a F1 light and a genie bottle one too. But then they go away. Do I need to bring it in for a service? I have the motorcycle now 5 days.

That 'F1' light is actually an fuel-injection light. The 'genie bottle' is likely the oil light. IF you've noticed they come on before the motorcycle started with th ignition in the 'on' position only to go out once it's started, that's a good thing. That's because the lights go into a diagnostic mode before the engine is started to let the rider know the warning lights are still operating. If the engine is good, the lights will go out once it's running.

However, you'll have a problem if the lights illuminate while the engine is on. This means that something in the fuel-injection is malfunctioning, your oil level is low, or even worse, you oil pressure is low. Another bad sign is when the lights don't illuminate at all, even before starting. This means they don't work, and in the event of a problem you won't be notified because the lights aren't working.

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Flying Squirrel (offline)  Wednesday, 13 October 2010 @ 09:21 AM ICT  

Samual,

Read the book that came with the bike. If you don't have one either download one or go to dealer and get one. You will then get other information about service intervals etc. If the bike is new make sure you change the oil according to the book. Probably at 1000kms but sometimes 500.

Flying Squirrel

Group Comfort
Level:
: +6

3 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 135 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association