24 posts :: Page 1 of 2
By: Anonymous: Spy ()  Tuesday, 12 October 2010 @ 06:34 AM ICT (Read 22480 times)  

I toke this pictures with my mobile phone, sorry for the low quality... The pictures where taken near the Honda factory and the two people clearly worked for Honda as they had some uniform on with Honda logo's

Click on image to openClick on image to open

By: Richard (offline)  Tuesday, 12 October 2010 @ 06:38 AM ICT  

Quote by: Spy

I toke this pictures with my mobile phone, sorry for the low quality... The pictures where taken near the Honda factory and the two people clearly worked for Honda as they had some uniform on with Honda logo's

The pictures look like a Honda designer sketch we got a few months ago.

Click on image to open

Richard

Group Comfort
Level:
: +10

By: REDDY (offline)  Tuesday, 12 October 2010 @ 08:55 AM ICT  

I think that's a white letter "C" on the front fairing... C as in CBR? A PGM-FI 250 CBR (that's a mouthful). Someone did say the new bike released would be an entirely new model...

REDDY

Group Comfort
Level:
: 0

By: taichiplanet (offline)  Tuesday, 12 October 2010 @ 12:23 PM ICT  

I'm assuming the pics were taken in Thailand. Unusual to see riders with so much safety gear on, so they probably were from the factory!

3 weeks and maybe we will know. Not a very awe inspiring looking bike but hopefully the specs are good, otherwise Kawasaki will have a surge in Ninja sales!

Although there are many different cultures, races and religions in the world, there are only 3 types of people; those that squeeze every last drop out of a toothpaste tube, those that don’t and those that think they do.

taichiplanet

Group Comfort
Level:
: +4

By: REDDY (offline)  Tuesday, 12 October 2010 @ 03:04 PM ICT  

Quote by: taichiplanet

I'm assuming the pics were taken in Thailand. Unusual to see riders with so much safety gear on, so they probably were from the factory!

3 weeks and maybe we will know. Not a very awe inspiring looking bike but hopefully the specs are good, otherwise Kawasaki will have a surge in Ninja sales!

Honda could pull a fast one over Kawasaki and hit the sweet spot in terms of pricing while still having decent specs... (crosses fingers)

A month or two, indeed and we'll know...

REDDY

Group Comfort
Level:

By: ThaiDesign (offline)  Tuesday, 12 October 2010 @ 05:59 PM ICT  

I still think that the chances are high that we get a Honda VTR250.

Last time I was at APHonda they had a room with this sign on the door.... (What basically says do not disturb, for VTR team only)

Click on image to open

ThaiDesign

Group Comfort
Level:
: +30

By: taichiplanet (offline)  Tuesday, 12 October 2010 @ 06:24 PM ICT  

Maybe VTR means Video & Television Room! Big Grin I hope it is the VTR (bike) that is coming though.

Although there are many different cultures, races and religions in the world, there are only 3 types of people; those that squeeze every last drop out of a toothpaste tube, those that don’t and those that think they do.

taichiplanet

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Matty (offline)  Wednesday, 13 October 2010 @ 04:18 AM ICT  

This bike looks cool, should go great too if its 250cc fuel injection, I hope its not too expensive.

But if Thailand gets the VTR 250 thats a great bike too, I have ridden one of the new Fuel Injected VTR250 in Australia and it goes really well. Good reviews in the Aussie bike magazines too.

I just hope whatever we get its 250cc not a lame, guttless 150cc that you have to ride the clutch and rev the box off of it to get any performance.

cheers
Matt..

Matty

Group Comfort
Level:
: +2

By: taichiplanet (offline)  Wednesday, 13 October 2010 @ 09:05 AM ICT  

An Australian review of the VTR250

www.bikepoint.com.au/reviews/2009/road/honda/vtr250/honda-vtr250-16730

taichiplanet

Group Comfort
Level:

By: REDDY (offline)  Wednesday, 13 October 2010 @ 09:26 AM ICT  

REDDY

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Richard (offline)  Wednesday, 13 October 2010 @ 09:49 AM ICT  

Last night I had a few drinks with a few other people working in the Thai motorcycle industry, and all are confident that Honda Thailand will introduce a VTR250 with fairing. The name maybe VTR250F or VFR250. The fairing styling is very similar to the VFR1200F.

Honda is already producing for a few months the VTR250 in Thailand, only for export. This means that they have a production line for good and proven 250cc V-twin engine. Using a engine that is already developed and proven means cost saving, and now-a-day everybody in the automotive industry is thinking cost saving...

So it's expected that Honda will first bring the “VFR250” (a V-twin 250cc with fairing) on the market to bring a Honda alternative for the Kawasaki Ninja 250R and likely will look if it's possible to sell the VTR250 at a later stage. Still the rumors about a single-cylinder 223cc sporty motorcycle are also very strong. Not much industry people think that Honda will come with a single-cylinder 150cc, the cost is similar to a 223cc and the international market for a 150cc is very limited.

Richard

Group Comfort
Level:
: +10

By: REDDY (offline)  Wednesday, 13 October 2010 @ 03:34 PM ICT  

Hmm... a faired VTR 250...

Maybe it would look something like a Generation I 1990 VTR 250...

Click on image to open

Hopefully they'll do away with the awful decals and have a monotone or two tone color scheme ala the PCX...

REDDY

Group Comfort
Level:

By: taichiplanet (offline)  Wednesday, 13 October 2010 @ 05:30 PM ICT  

Quote by: REDDY

Hopefully they'll do away with the awful decals and have a monotone or two tone color scheme ala the PCX...

Gold/Brown or Silver/Brown!! Big Grin

It'll be a waste of space if it is a 223cc single cylinder. Crazy

taichiplanet

Group Comfort
Level:

By: REDDY (offline)  Thursday, 14 October 2010 @ 09:25 AM ICT  

Quote by: taichiplanet

Quote by: REDDY

Gold/Brown or Silver/Brown!! Big Grin

It'll be a waste of space if it is a 223cc single cylinder. Crazy

Not exactly the colors I had in mind, but those might work, and to each his own Big Grin

I was thinking more about the PCX color schemes on this video (Honda should definitely release the RED PCX here).

I think these would definitely look awesome

RED-BLACK
WHITE-BLACK
BLACK-BLACK
GOLD-BLACK
YELLOW- BLACK
METALLIC GREY-BLACK

And for the femme-fatales:

PINK-BLACK
PURPLE -BLACK

REDDY

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: Original Photographer ()  Friday, 15 October 2010 @ 10:09 PM ICT  

Quote by: Spy

Richard, You're a liar!!!!

You didn't take these pictures!! and they certainly weren't taken in Bangkok, or near any factory!!

The 2 pic's you've posted are part of a group of 4 pictures that were taken during filming, in a small coastal town called Krabi with final shooting taking place on the island of Phuket, of the new advertising campaign for the new CBR250R. The third picture, which you seem to have neglected to post is of a film crew shooting footage of the new bike as it passes in front of them. The fourth picture is a close up of the exposed front wheel as it was being covered up during a break in filming. The picture of the front wheel/front end of the bike was to try and get a close up of the exhaust configuration to see if was a single or twin cylindered engine.

Three of the four pictures are on Thaivisa.com

The riders were actors/riders and the 'uniform' are motorcycle jackets from Hondas premium merchandise range, which we have been assured will be featured in their forth coming brochure.

All four pictures are currently with Motorcycle News (MCN) Uk!!!!!

24 posts :: Page 1 of 2