By: Danny (offline)  Wednesday, 06 October 2010 @ 03:30 PM ICT (Read 11901 times)  

It has been over 20 years since I have been ridding bikes except in the village to the store and back on a scooter. This time home I am buying a big bike and would like to take a Safety training class. I have looked in through the forum and found the mention of Honda but now way to contact them for scheduling a class and signing up. I did see some one posting the prices that was nice to know.
Also I wanted to know if they have english instructors.
I have Googled it and all I can find is the news release on the Honda facility but no contact info.
If anyone knows of something better let me know.

Danny

Group Comfort
Level:
: 0

By: taichiplanet (offline)  Wednesday, 06 October 2010 @ 04:53 PM ICT  

You have to register through www.aphonda.co.th/superbike/register_superbike.asp (used to be www.Honda-Bigbike.com), run the link through google translate if you don't know thai.

This is a google translation of one of the courses; gives a rough idea of what it is about

" Safe Driving Training Centre Honda Bangkok HBB Bigbike Course 7 Open the driver training course HBB Bigbike Course Class 7 according to the request of those interested in driving. The applicant must register through www.Honda-Bigbike.com. Typically trained Saturday - Sun However, registration for regular cycle te wait 2 months to this group to ask the training center has opened in the special edition on weekdays 4-5, August 2552.

Training courses were carried out by the standard of the training center. The first day is a training seminar. Elements driving The maintenance vehicle. The predicted accident CBR 150 Driving the sector to perform the CBR 150 cars of the training center to adjust the stance of driving. To adapt the car to the field followed by a braking process of the correct posture to bend. Bigbike To prepare to driving at high speed if Bigbike foundation is not good. May have caused the accident. "

Another option is www.highsidetours.com/ at Bira Race Circuit near Pattaya which is more racing oriented and courses are in English, probably not what you are interested in but should sharpen up your skills for the road!

Did you end up sorting out your international licence or did you get a Thai one?

Although there are many different cultures, races and religions in the world, there are only 3 types of people; those that squeeze every last drop out of a toothpaste tube, those that don’t and those that think they do.

taichiplanet

Group Comfort
Level:
: +4

By: Danny (offline)  Wednesday, 06 October 2010 @ 05:50 PM ICT  

Quote by: taichiplanet

You have to register through www.aphonda.co.th/superbike/register_superbike.asp (used to be www.Honda-Bigbike.com), run the link through google translate if you don't know thai.

This is a google translation of one of the courses; gives a rough idea of what it is about

" Safe Driving Training Centre Honda Bangkok HBB Bigbike Course 7 Open the driver training course HBB Bigbike Course Class 7 according to the request of those interested in driving. The applicant must register through www.Honda-Bigbike.com. Typically trained Saturday - Sun However, registration for regular cycle te wait 2 months to this group to ask the training center has opened in the special edition on weekdays 4-5, August 2552.

Training courses were carried out by the standard of the training center. The first day is a training seminar. Elements driving The maintenance vehicle. The predicted accident CBR 150 Driving the sector to perform the CBR 150 cars of the training center to adjust the stance of driving. To adapt the car to the field followed by a braking process of the correct posture to bend. Bigbike To prepare to driving at high speed if Bigbike foundation is not good. May have caused the accident. "

Another option is www.highsidetours.com/ at Bira Race Circuit near Pattaya which is more racing oriented and courses are in English, probably not what you are interested in but should sharpen up your skills for the road!

Did you end up sorting out your international licence or did you get a Thai one?

I have my international drivers license now just got it monday. I will be in Thailand Oct. 25th and should have my bike by the 30th. I am still undecided on what I will get. The Bummer is that my work has talked me into another contract for 1 more year in Iraq. I will only be able to stay home for 4 weeks then gone again. So trying to wait 2 months will not work.

Danny

Group Comfort
Level:
: 0

By: news (offline)  Saturday, 09 October 2010 @ 06:56 AM ICT  

Quote by: Danny

Quote by: taichiplanet

I have my international drivers license now just got it monday. I will be in Thailand Oct. 25th and should have my bike by the 30th. I am still undecided on what I will get. The Bummer is that my work has talked me into another contract for 1 more year in Iraq. I will only be able to stay home for 4 weeks then gone again. So trying to wait 2 months will not work.

Attached you find the brochure from Honda for the Safety Riding Classes, it's in Thai, but maybe you have somebody who can explain / translate.

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: Brahman ()  Wednesday, 17 November 2010 @ 06:41 AM ICT  

Do you know if they offer motorcycle lesson in English, at the Honda Riding school?

THanks!

Brahman.

By: news (offline)  Wednesday, 17 November 2010 @ 03:28 PM ICT  

Quote by: Brahman

Do you know if they offer motorcycle lesson in English, at the Honda Riding school?

THanks!

Brahman.

No. I believe that all Honda motorcycle lessons are in Thai language. Sometimes there is a girl who can speak just enough English to understand what is happening.

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

6 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 134 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association