By: Anonymous: Zack ()  Thursday, 30 September 2010 @ 07:00 AM ICT (Read 15138 times)  

Hello all!

Does any one knows a shop who sells online index helmets and send it outside Thailand?

Can any one help?

By: Matty (offline)  Saturday, 02 October 2010 @ 05:37 AM ICT  

try this website, indexhelmet.com and follow links.
Just one question, why would you want to buy and send an Index helmet overseas ?
Get on to e-bay, find a discount online store and order a better quality helmet very cheap.
I have bought KBC, Shoei and another Good quality brand helmet ( The name escapes me now, brain freeze ) and had them posted to me without problems.
2 from an Australian motorcycle accessory online store and 2 from a USA online store.
hope this is helpful
Matt..

Matty

Group Comfort
Level:
: +2

By: Richard (offline)  Sunday, 03 October 2010 @ 11:16 AM ICT  

You can find motorcycles helmets here and they ship worldwide (including Thailand) Motorcycle Helmets

Richard

Group Comfort
Level:
: +10

By: Anonymous: Romik ()  Thursday, 30 December 2010 @ 11:40 PM ICT  

Can anybody say something about quality of INDEX helmets? Is it good like budget helmet? I mean for use by scooter or another low power bikes

By: Anonymous: mark ()  Thursday, 30 December 2010 @ 11:58 PM ICT  

I Live in Thailand,
Mate, do yourself a big favour.
Buy something with a quality rating.
There are laws in the UK, Australia , USA etc about helmet approval & testing.
Not in Thailand.
Spend the extra & ride safe.

By: ThaiDesign (offline)  Monday, 03 January 2011 @ 08:04 AM ICT  

It's amazing that some people buy motorcycles well over 200,000 Baht and modify it for almost another 100,000 Baht and use helmets that you can pickup for a few hundred Baht at any of the bigger supermarkets or low-cost dealers.

I not say that Index helmets are bad, it's just that when you buy a motorcycle which go's well over the 200km/h mark you should also have a helmet of similar performance.

But even more important is to only use your helmet for 5-years, some helmet manufacturers advice 3-years and some helmet brands claim 7-years. But in Thailand, with our high exposure to UV-radiation, you should reduce the advised End-Off-Life time with a halve year. With matters that involves the safety of your brain you better wrong than sorry...

In Thailand people often delay buying a new helmet until the head piece has serious visual problems to the outer shell, what they forget is that before the outer shell shows degradation of the material the helmet was likely already unsafe for a few years.

ThaiDesign

Group Comfort
Level:
: +30

By: Anonymous: No2Nolan ()  Monday, 03 January 2011 @ 05:33 PM ICT  

Helmets that, allegedly, have a better 'name' than Index also suffer in local conditions.
eg my Nolan is cactus after 2 years of touring Thailand and Laos.
the strap has broken, the buckle has rusted and the lock has jammed.
Time for a new helmet; and 'yes' I am looking at an Index Fliptop.
(I very rarely exceed 100kph).

By: Anonymous: Billy ()  Monday, 03 January 2011 @ 09:31 PM ICT  

Hard choice, but trust me a new Index helmet is more safe than a old Nolan helmet. The elements in Thailand can reduce my high-quality garden furniture into so brittle that it looks still okay but falls apart as soon as somebody wants to sit in it. The reason UV-radiation … UV-radiation makes all plastics to get extremely brittle in time...

So two year old Nolan helmet in the sun, exposed to very high UV-radiation, plus it's likely that the Nolan helmet was on stock a long time at the dealer, or a new 'budget' Index helmet will be a hard choice.

By: Anonymous: Head ()  Monday, 03 January 2011 @ 10:22 PM ICT  

So very true Billy.

9 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 135 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association