18 posts :: Page 1 of 2
By: Anonymous: Anonymous ()  Monday, 27 September 2010 @ 05:37 AM ICT (Read 13131 times)  

So what's the latest accurate info re their Versys?
And why can't Kawasaki clean up their KLR650 to enable it to be legal in Thailand?

This posting was originally posted as comment for article 2011 Kawasaki Product Launch Preview

By: news (offline)  Monday, 27 September 2010 @ 05:54 AM ICT  

Quote by: Anonymous

And why can't Kawasaki clean up their KLR650 to enable it to be legal in Thailand?

To our information, Kawasaki Thailand doesn't manufacture the Versys, it's suggested that Kawasaki would move the Kawasaki Versys production to Thailand as a move to do some cost saving.

For the Kawasaki KLR650, Kawasaki normally uses a 2-year model renewal cycle. With the current mode dating back to 2009, it would be very likely that Kawasaki will modernize the KLR650. Will it come available in Thailand, who knows...

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: ThaiDesign (offline)  Monday, 04 October 2010 @ 12:12 PM ICT  

The Kawasaki Versys comes available at the beginning of November (2010), there's no information on the availability of the Kawasaki KLR650. But than, who wants a KLR650 if you can have a Versys. The 2011 Kawasaki Versys - No Reality Check but a Versatility Check

-------------------------
edit: changed November 2011 to 2010. News

ThaiDesign

Group Comfort
Level:
: +30

By: Anonymous: Duh! ()  Monday, 04 October 2010 @ 03:01 PM ICT  

NOVEMBER 2011?!
I'm not waiting that long for a bike which should already be available in Thailand.
Likewise, if Kawasaki Thailand had any sense (and ability) it would have made their KLR650
'clean' and had it in their shops by now.
GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER KAWASAKI THAILAND. Thumbdown

By: news (offline)  Monday, 04 October 2010 @ 03:07 PM ICT  

Quote by: Duh!

NOVEMBER 2011?!
I'm not waiting that long for a bike which should already be available in Thailand.
Likewise, if Kawasaki Thailand had any sense (and ability) it would have made their KLR650

I'm very sure that the availability date is a mistake, as the launch date is early November 2010 for the 2011 model of the Kawasaki Versys.

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: November 2010? ()  Monday, 04 October 2010 @ 05:18 PM ICT  

Yes, I hope the info elsewhere here was one year wrong!

By: ThaiDesign (offline)  Monday, 04 October 2010 @ 05:36 PM ICT  

Quote by: November 2010?

Yes, I hope the info elsewhere here was one year wrong!

Yes, it needs to be November 2010, sorry.

ThaiDesign

Group Comfort
Level:
: +30

By: Richard (offline)  Monday, 04 October 2010 @ 07:56 PM ICT  

The new 2011 Kawasaki Versys will be available in two new colors Metallic Imperial Red (19J) and Ebony Black (602) or Metallic Diablo Black (17K). With the two blacks it's one or the other, I'm currently not sure.

Richard

Group Comfort
Level:
: +10

By: Anonymous: Grant ()  Monday, 13 December 2010 @ 07:27 PM ICT  

I heard that Kawasaki Thailand may be about to launch the Z1000 here as well. Anyone know if there is any truth to that rumour???? Great bike !

By: Anonymous: GIMME ()  Monday, 13 December 2010 @ 11:07 PM ICT  

" But than, who wants a KLR650 if you can have a Versy? "

Absolutely, definitely ME! Wink

By: Anonymous: chickin ()  Monday, 21 March 2011 @ 12:00 PM ICT  

Quote by: news

To our information, Kawasaki Thailand doesn't manufacture the Versys, it's suggested that Kawasaki would move the Kawasaki Versys production to Thailand as a move to do some cost saving.

For the Kawasaki KLR650, Kawasaki normally uses a 2-year model renewal cycle. With the current mode dating back to 2009, it would be very likely that Kawasaki will modernize the KLR650. Will it come available in Thailand, who knows...

2 years???? The original KLR went unchanged for 12 models years! And the current version is only a mild remodel. The KLR will not pass the emission requirements for Thailand, that is the only reason it is not sold here. It is made here, and so is the Versys.

By: news (offline)  Monday, 21 March 2011 @ 12:40 PM ICT  

Apparently Kawasaki didn't found it important enough - as far as we know there are no mechanical changes between 2010 and 2011, they only changed the colors for the KLR650.

Click on image to open

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: SR ()  Monday, 28 March 2011 @ 07:18 PM ICT  

The market for this kind of motorcycles is fairly limited in Thailand. Essencially, manufacturers can only sell in this country what is made in this country. Otherwise, the price immediately skyrockets due to import duties. In addition, the prices are still way above the average Thai income and those who can afford it tend to prefer to buy a decent car (preferably Benz, BMW or Toyota). Just keep in mind, a pickup trucks price tag is roughly THB 500K.

Nevertheless, if you are realy badly looking for that kind of motorcycle, you will find out that it can be arranged - like many other things in this country. That is, if you are willing to pay any price.

The kinds of motorcycles discussed here are sold in Thailand only due to a number of enthusiasts.

By: Anonymous: Smileygc ()  Tuesday, 03 May 2011 @ 10:43 PM ICT  

Kawasaki Versys Tourer - Is it available in Thailand?

I have just returned from a visit to UK and discovered the Kawasaki Versys is available in standard (Thailand) version, City version and Tourer.
The Tourer comes with colour coded panniers, a fully adjustable screen and colour coded hand guards. The City comes with a top box rather than the panniers.
The UK Tourer version is an addittional 450 UKP on the 'Standard' UK price, which seems a good deal.
Does anyone, know if the Tourer will be coming available here in Thailand?

By: Anonymous: DaengKwai ()  Wednesday, 04 May 2011 @ 01:54 PM ICT  

Quote by: Duh!

NOVEMBER 2011?!

The main reason why Kawasaki doesn't bring the Kawasaki KLR650 on the Thai market is that the seat height is just to high for the average Thai person.

18 posts :: Page 1 of 2
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 135 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association