By: Anonymous: Sam ()  Tuesday, 21 September 2010 @ 08:19 AM ICT (Read 2998 times)  

Why can I only use a battery for one year on my motorcycle? Motorcycle battery manufacturers claim that batteries last for years

By: news (offline)  Tuesday, 21 September 2010 @ 08:27 AM ICT  

Quote by: Sam

Why can I only use a battery for one year on my motorcycle? Motorcycle battery manufacturers claim that batteries last for years

They already have invented batteries that last for 10 to 20 years, they use them for applications were you not have easy service access. The downside of this batteries is that they cost likely more than your motorcycle.

So to make sure your regular motorcycle battery last longer is to at least weekly check if the fluid is on the right level and the charge current doesn't excite the specifications. Even for a maintenance-free battery it's recommended that you regular check the charge current.

If you inspect your maintenance-free or valve battery and notice that the sidewalls look a bit sucked-in, it's seriously time to check your charge current, depending on how-much the sidewalls of your battery are sucked-in you maybe need to start thinking of a new battery. But sometimes, mechanics (with enough knowledge of batteries) can save your maintenance-free battery by adjusting the charging-current.

In a perfect situation a regular motorcycle battery can least for 5-years, with some people using a battery even longer...

You can read more about motorcycle batteries here New Motorcycle Battery – But what to look for?

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

2 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 132 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association